Solaris 7 Season 4 Kick Off

31 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:55 PM

Play Solaris 7 Game modes to earn rewards.
This event is Extra Long to Give you plenty of time to complete these challenges!

#2 Zyrocenus

• PipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:26 PM

Ok question.... some of us have already spent time playing S7 when it was "Kicked off" after patch. Do we get credit for those stats?

Zyro

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

View PostZyrocenus, on 24 January 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Ok question.... some of us have already spent time playing S7 when it was "Kicked off" after patch. Do we get credit for those stats?

Zyro

Next question, please. If you really think they would ever calculate in retroactively from something done before an Event, then you're kidding yourself. They want actual activity during an Event, which means your efforts must be done during the Event Period. -_-

Frankly, this is going to be 700 (MC) and 8 Million (C-Bills) that I'll have to miss out on. I learned my lesson a long time ago about Solaris Mode, and it was not fun. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "learned the retroactive hard way that Solaris Mode is not a place for them" Devnull

#4 Zyrocenus

• PipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 January 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

Next question, please. If you really think they would ever calculate in retroactively from something done before an Event, then you're kidding yourself. They want actual activity during an Event, which means your efforts must be done during the Event Period. Posted Image

Frankly, this is going to be 700 (MC) and 8 Million (C-Bills) that I'll have to miss out on. I learned my lesson a long time ago about Solaris Mode, and it was not fun. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "learned the retroactive hard way that Solaris Mode is not a place for them" Devnull

I hear ya about the start of an event.... but the "calculation" I don't think would be that arduous the season is 1 day old. I simply think the "Kick Off" event should have been launched at Kick Off and was thus curious

Zyro

Edited by Zyrocenus, 24 January 2019 - 04:59 PM.

#5 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

i think i still dont understand solaris^^
i played 25 matches in division 7. i am place 35. and i suddenly got the achievment Solaris Champion.

EDIT: ah i understand. i am the first one of two player in devision 7 Posted Image lol

EDIT2: how do i get 10 sponsors in that division?

Edited by WiNNiep00h, 24 January 2019 - 06:17 PM.

#6 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:16 PM

View PostZyrocenus, on 24 January 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

I hear ya about the start of an event.... but the "calculation" I don't think would be that arduous the season is 1 day old. I simply think the "Kick Off" event should have been launched at Kick Off and was thus curious

Zyro

Alright. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Sorry about the sharp post earlier. I was in a really bad mood at the time. :(

~D. V. "with better understandings, and apologies, regarding this Solaris-Linked Event Mess" Devnull

#7 Zyrocenus

• PipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:27 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 January 2019 - 06:16 PM, said:

Alright. Thanks for the clarification. Posted Image

Sorry about the sharp post earlier. I was in a really bad mood at the time. Posted Image

~D. V. "with better understandings, and apologies, regarding this Solaris-Linked Event Mess" Devnull

Been there.... these things happen -tips hat-

Thanks

Zyro

#8 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:27 PM

I am still rather miffed about the Vindicator being moved up a division .

#9 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:30 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 24 January 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

I am still rather miffed about the Vindicator being moved up a division .

The guy who's name escapes me dominated div 7 with the Vindicator in a previous season, blame him.

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 24 January 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

i think i still dont understand solaris^^
i played 25 matches in division 7. i am place 35. and i suddenly got the achievment Solaris Champion.

EDIT: ah i understand. i am the first one of two player in devision 7 Posted Image lol

EDIT2: how do i get 10 sponsors in that division?

Honestly it looks like you stand a real chance of getting something if you can stand doing the minimum matches, congrats on your title by the way, I suppose you get a decal that tells everyone to look out for the arena god?

#10 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,681 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:34 PM

For everyone's perusal, these are the builds that rocked Solaris last season: https://www.reddit.c...r_card_archive/

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 24 January 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

The guy who's name escapes me dominated div 7 with the Vindicator in a previous season, blame him.
Freo19

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 24 January 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

Honestly it looks like you stand a real chance of getting something if you can stand doing the minimum matches, congrats on your title by the way, I suppose you get a decal that tells everyone to look out for the arena god?
https://mwomercs.com...41930-22jan2018
This applies to every division, including 2v2s

Edited by Horseman, 24 January 2019 - 10:43 PM.

#11 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

Divisions are still bad, better than last season but tonnage is still all over the place which still leads to some real lopsided matches.

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,681 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:11 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 24 January 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

Divisions are still bad, better than last season but tonnage is still all over the place which still leads to some real lopsided matches.

I can't believe they put KFX in Div 7.

#13 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:03 AM

I do. The poor things did't stand a chance vs. my Wolf-of-War.

#14 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:26 PM

Instead of dividing the queue of Solaris players into 7 divisions...

Allow players to switch each of their 7 divisions on/off, so they can queue up in a single common Solaris queue for multiple divisions of their choice at the same time.

It's the difference between having ~2 players per division queue that the matchmaker is unable to balance, and having a single Solaris queue of ~14 players queuing up for multiple divisions of their choice at the same time, which the matchmaker is then able to balance.

And the difference between getting that faster balanced matchmaking, instead of these current slow and sadistic matchmakings.

#15 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,681 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:12 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 25 January 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Allow players to switch each of their 7 divisions on/off, so they can queue up in a single common Solaris queue for multiple divisions of their choice at the same time.

It's the difference between having ~2 players per division queue that the matchmaker is unable to balance, and having a single Solaris queue of ~14 players queuing up for multiple divisions of their choice at the same time, which the matchmaker is then able to balance.

And the difference between getting that faster balanced matchmaking, instead of these current slow and sadistic matchmakings.

Agreed 100%

#16 Lith Dael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 25 January 2019 - 05:26 PM, said:

Very sensible... So probably too logical for whoever is responsible for MWO's abomination of an UI :-P

Seriously guys, the Solaris interface is giving me and my friends PTSD.

#17 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

I might give it a shot, but if it takes longer than 10 min to find a match, then it is not worth my time.

#18 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

For the minimalists it would be nice if the "kill 7 mechs" could be changed to "achieve 7 kills or kmdd in Solaris" - winning because an enemy didn't manage its heat and suicides that way should also count for this event part. Posted Image

#19 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:45 PM

We need a way to check "I will take a match in Divisions 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7" and get into the queue for all of them, with the SSR rating for each queue checked separately.
Guessing which division MIGHT have someone else in queue is a losing game and un-fun.

#20 frumpylumps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

Some of the missions are requirements that cannot be completed as far as I know since division 6 and 7 aren't working for some reason.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users