68 replies to this topic

#41 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:07 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 12 October 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Didn't anyone notice the Sweet "Warthog" Decal I put on the Hellspawn? It's an instant Classic.

Hey Matt, I thought the HSP was supposed to act all Rambo with the camo, and ammo belt across the arm :)

#42 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

I really did the contest, within one day (about 15 to 20 matches i believe, some disastrous some great though).
Thanks, it was fun. Would have been without the contest too i believe, but thanks for the stuff anyway, that account could use some MC and Cbills.

#43 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

Matt, when is the deadline to claim these prizes? I wan't to make my premium time last as long as possible.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 12 October 2018 - 04:49 PM.

#44 Odin Gunterson

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts
  • LocationLa Florida

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 12 October 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Sorry about no preannouncement Posted Image

As for the time extension, the thing is, I was going to end it before the Patch as these challenges will get completed quite fast.
We know, on average, how long it will take a player to complete.
So I added whole days after the patch to make sure people had time.
But instead, it looks like I didn't take the patch into consideration?
It almost seems like it is to my advantage to make it shorter and wait for the complaints so I can extend it and look like I am listening? Posted Image

Here's a little pre-announcement for yah.

After the Patch we will be having: The Champion Mech Challenges, the traditional Trick or Treat Loot bag event, Halloween Dailies, Pick a Prize, Mech Costume Contest, Mech Customization Sale, MC sale, MRBC Select Mech Sale, Heavy Mech Pick a Pack and probably more deals on preorder packs. Posted Image

Patch notes will be up today and the Countdown to Champion Release is being updated after this.Posted Image

I like this event. WTH, I like ALL the events, and the Digital Diogenes syndrome they are giving us! Posted Image

But... yes. You (PGI) NEED to start using that beautiful "Future Events" screen ingame to notify us... It is funny, 'cos while finished the last event, I re-checked that screen to see if there will be announcements for the weekend. Didn't know that I was filling those prizes 'til today.

Pretty please, use it as you did before. Use it well.

Best regards!

#45 Mechwarrior8985372

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 12 October 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

Sorry about no preannouncement Posted Image

As for the time extension, the thing is, I was going to end it before the Patch as these challenges will get completed quite fast.
We know, on average, how long it will take a player to complete.
So I added whole days after the patch to make sure people had time.
But instead, it looks like I didn't take the patch into consideration?
It almost seems like it is to my advantage to make it shorter and wait for the complaints so I can extend it and look like I am listening? Posted Image

Here's a little pre-announcement for yah.

After the Patch we will be having: The Champion Mech Challenges, the traditional Trick or Treat Loot bag event, Halloween Dailies, Pick a Prize, Mech Costume Contest, Mech Customization Sale, MC sale, MRBC Select Mech Sale, Heavy Mech Pick a Pack and probably more deals on preorder packs. Posted Image

Patch notes will be up today and the Countdown to Champion Release is being updated after this.Posted Image

What happened to this weekends event being a solaris event as you implied in previous event thread......

#46 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:27 PM

Missions done. That was fun. Only took me 3 coffees. ;)

#47 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:35 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 October 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

*sigh* Posted Image

Well, this just figures. No Pre-Announcement again, which really sucks. Worse, the size of the Rewards looks like someone's lashing back at a ton of people complaining during the Fall Harvest Event. Those 'Level 2' Items seem like they're lacking on the (MC) just one tiny notch, like they could be bumped to 100 each instead of just 50 in value. Posted Image

However even with that said, I've only got one request, and that's to 'Add 4 Hours to the Event Timer' for the Weekend Brawler Event. The only reason I'm asking for it is to make up for the time that will be taken from MWO's Whole Community on the Patch Day coming this next week. No reason to wander off with 3 Hours of someone's time and not make up for it! Posted Image

~D. V. "That's just my mind's $0.02 regarding the Event design." Devnull

Do you ever tire of asking for silly things that don't get changed? Literally easiest event ever? No? Don't agree?

#48 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:41 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 October 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

With my previous post up, here comes the major catch-up of the day... Posted Image

I hope you find what you're looking for. I'm currently having to restock my (C-Bills) so I can get to designing the Loadouts which I meant to put in the Mechs that I got while On-Sale. Posted Image

Agreed. Although, there is a time limit on that of "Event Time + Up To 2 Weeks After" attached. So make sure that you time it all properly, or you'll end up just launching what remains right at the far end. I believe the final activation point is "October 31, 2018 @ 4:59 PM PDT", unless I've missed my number-crunching. Posted Image

Heh... You're getting faster mileage than I am. I guess I might be a little too careful in what Mech choices that I'm picking at the moment, but I've been enjoying a good Support-Styled Kit Fox so far. I may have to change that now. Hmmm... Maybe we'll end up on the Same Team at some point? Posted Image

I didn't know whether to respond to your post or not, but there's one thing I need to make clear... I DO NOT, AND NEVER WILL, FEEL ANY FORM OF SELF-ENTITLEMENT TO ANYTHING DURING ANY EVENT RUNS. That said, many of my posts that I actually put up as Event Reviews are written/typed/posted/etc. with intent of foresight for watching out in regard to those who might have serious trouble during an Event, and feel too intimidated to post for any reason. Yes, I do sometimes punch a little too hard, and I will admit that. I just walk around all the time, both Online and in Real Life, with a "Why can't this world be more happy and peaceful? Why can't we put an end to there being anyone feeling like they're in Hell-On-Earth?" mentality as I look at everything around me. So, like I have posted to Matt Newman above, you as well have my serious and sincerest apologies, along with my mental insights. Please, feel free to consider me a nut about being proactive towards keeping MWO alive and growing! Posted Image

Now then... All this stuff about brawling...

Guys, CALM DOWN!!! I can already tell you one thing about getting brawling awards, and that's...
  • You must be within 400 meters of your target(s), and engaged with them at the time that they go down.
...but whether you have to be the one dealing the Kill is something I haven't figured out yet. Also, amongst things to achieve "Acceptable Brawling", there is definitely a need to...
  • NEVER 'FaceHug' your target(s) at sub-150-meters when you're battling them. Otherwise you block your teammates from helping you to break your opponents down into scrap metal.
  • ALWAYS Lock Your Target(s) when you're fighting them and/or charging in. Relay info to your Teammates so they can help you soften the Target(s) into melted butter. It's ALWAYS worth having Fire Support to enable your life being easier when moving in to take down an opponent.
...because failure to follow these tips might as well be like suiciding into your opponents and betraying your team. I'm sure you don't intend to do that, as hard as it is to get the "Brawling" Bonus Payment, right? Posted Image

And now, like I was saying about 45 minutes ago... BACK TO THE BATTLEFIELDS!!! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Forever overloading myself on Forums... I think it could be a Running Joke at my expense!" Devnull

You ask why can't the world be nicer and then you post these beg whines every event... man I even played 2 matches with/against you this past week. I can sort of understand it but it's literally not making the forums a better place for you to post rants on the behalf of some unknown person afraid to use the forum every week and say you are merely a puppet.

It doesn't make the world nicer, the events do. This just brings them down.

#49 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:57 AM

That was very easy event. I just went to actually check what things the event requires from ingame browser, to find out I've completed them all. I think that happened when I played some Solaris games as there was streamers doing Solaris event. I have played maybe 5 games of QP yet. I'm didn't even know solaris gives match score, but seeing how I got 32 kill assists, vs 12k damage done and 18 wins, they must. (33 matches with over 100 MS, with 32 kill assists I can't have played more than few QP games)

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 13 October 2018 - 06:14 AM.

#50 BumbaCLot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:42 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 13 October 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

That was very easy event. I just went to actually check what things the event requires from ingame browser, to find out I've completed them all. I think that happened when I played some Solaris games as there was streamers doing Solaris event. I have played maybe 5 games of QP yet. I'm didn't even know solaris gives match score, but seeing how I got 32 kill assists, vs 12k damage done and 18 wins, they must. (33 matches with over 100 MS, with 32 kill assists I can't have played more than few QP games)

Same. I just completed Solaris rewards and have 191 done of 175, and did 4 QPs last night to get my assists.

#51 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:23 PM

I like these lower stress events. Posted Image

Good for bringing out the mechs that don't see much play because they;re older and don't have a "Power Creep +1" quirk.

-paws

#52 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:08 PM

How much time I have to claim rewards?

#53 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:20 PM

Nice event, I only had 1 bad night I'm chalking up to a head cold.

#54 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:16 AM

Also did most of the stuff in Solaris, grinding up to the required 25 games in 4 divisions - didn't bother with those where I only have 3 or 4 games played this season. The mode is so deserted I have to wonder where some got their hundreds of matches played from. A combined queue could help a bit I'd think.

#55 Righter8

• PipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:54 AM

PGI:
Nice event. Biggest obstacle? THE CLIENT INSTABILITY. Disconnect during drop, disconnect in the middle of the match, disconnect after leaving a match. Month after month of tweaks to balance (4+ years now...), yet the client continues to crash at random for many players. When I play, I have fun, win or lose. When I crash and rejoin just to find i'm dead, no fun. Not fun to win in a game with the other side down a 100 ton assault mech, or hell even a 20 ton.
Focus on the foundation of the game then worry about piddly little **** later, like if clan heat needs to be adjusted half a damn point...

#56 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 October 2018 - 01:54 PM

View PostRodrigo Martinez, on 13 October 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

How much time I have to claim rewards?

Given the design of the Events System, you have what time currently remains in this Event plus 14 Days afterward. In this case, with this particular Event, that means you'll have until October 31st @ 4:59 PM PDT (October 31st @ 11:59 UTC) to claim your Rewards. If I remember correctly, and depending on how much you complete, that may include up to 4 Days of Premium Time with which you can boost your in-game earnings. Thankfully, you can control how you start your Premium Time during that period. But, if it isn't all claimed by 14 Days after the Event, then you forfeit the unclaimed portion. And in case you're wondering, Matt Newman can easily confirm what I'm telling you, so feel free to quote any instance of him on this thread and ask! B)

~Mr. D. V. "I hope that answers your questions about Claiming Rewards?" Devnull

#57 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 12 October 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Didn't anyone notice the Sweet "Warthog" Decal I put on the Hellspawn? It's an instant Classic.

I noticed, just reminded me how disapointed I was there were no ballistic capable hellspawns :P

#58 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 05:29 PM

Someone remind me, please: If I claim the premium time rewards through the website, does the timer on those start when I next log in or is it right away?

-paws

#59 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:41 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 October 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Given the design of the Events System, you have what time currently remains in this Event plus 14 Days afterward. In this case, with this particular Event, that means you'll have until October 31st @ 4:59 PM PDT (October 31st @ 11:59 UTC) to claim your Rewards. If I remember correctly, and depending on how much you complete, that may include up to 4 Days of Premium Time with which you can boost your in-game earnings. Thankfully, you can control how you start your Premium Time during that period. But, if it isn't all claimed by 14 Days after the Event, then you forfeit the unclaimed portion. And in case you're wondering, Matt Newman can easily confirm what I'm telling you, so feel free to quote any instance of him on this thread and ask! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I hope that answers your questions about Claiming Rewards?" Devnull

Thanks for clarification. I'd prefer to hold this premium for the halloween event.

#60 8CHR

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNovaya Zemlya

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:39 AM

View Postpaws2sky, on 14 October 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Someone remind me, please: If I claim the premium time rewards through the website, does the timer on those start when I next log in or is it right away?

Next log in. I've used that little detail several times already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users