68 replies to this topic

#61 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:26 AM

View Post8CHR, on 15 October 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

Next log in. I've used that little detail several times already.

Excellent! Thank you for clarifying.

I knew that's how it used to work, but I didn't see a reward screen when I logged in after redeeming some of the lower level prizes this time.

-paws

#62 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

Okay... pinging everyone involved on this vein of thought...

View PostMatt Newman, on 12 October 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Didn't anyone notice the Sweet "Warthog" Decal I put on the Hellspawn? It's an instant Classic.

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 October 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

I noticed the Decals. Further, the artwork is very much appreciated even though it seemed like it got buried by part of the Mech Geometry. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember which Decal that one was. Sorry about that. Posted Image

Also, checking the Current Decal List, those teeth don't seem to show up on it. Maybe I missed something, but what name should I be looking for? Or are they 'yet to be released' into the Live Game? Posted Image

View PostEisenhorne, on 12 October 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Oh, so that's what the Hellspawn looks like? I've never seen one in game before!

View PostMrKvola, on 12 October 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

The Warthog decals will be released with the Champion 'mech. They belong to the preorder bonus pool.

View PostMrKvola, on 12 October 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Hey Matt, I thought the HSP was supposed to act all Rambo with the camo, and ammo belt across the arm Posted Image

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 14 October 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

I noticed, just reminded me how disapointed I was there were no ballistic capable hellspawns Posted Image

...and now for the thoughts to each, such that everyone can read easily...

@Matt Newman --- Now that I know what it is, thanks to MrKvola, you might tease the Art Department about making an Alternate Hero Variant that has those "Warthog" Decal's Teeth combined with a different Texturing. It would be potentially like the front of the Huntsman HMN-PA "Pakhet" Hero. They could probably call you the Pilot of that one, sort of like some of those Mechs in the Academy. If you want a good movie-style name for the Variant, it could be called the "Mad Matt" (Suggested Variant ID would be "HSN-MM" perhaps?), and have some Ballistic Hardpoints like Xeno Phalcon is talking about. At least, I think that's a good way of etching yourself credit-wise in the design of MWO? Of course, I guess I would then have to watch out for you shooting me with that one! :D

@Eisenhorne --- I'm sure you're already well-aware, but it's just got extra Decals on it. It sure makes it look angry like something actually out of Hell though, right? :P

@MrKvola --- Thanks for pointing out which one that is. I'll bet we see plenty of usage on the noses of the Upcoming "Champion" 'Mechs. Who wouldn't go on their bombing run without making you see those teeth? :)

@Xeno Phalcon --- Eh... Just be patient. You can probably look forward to a PGI-Designed Loyalty Variant at some point in the future... Maybe. (I'm just throwing PGI a random idea here.) ;)

...and with that, I'm headed back to the battlefields. I'll bet I have to watch out for some other Forum User's weapons fire while I'm out there! :wacko:

~D. V. "enjoying teeth-loaded positive discussion" Devnull

#63 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:37 AM

View PostRighter8, on 14 October 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

PGI:
Nice event. Biggest obstacle? THE CLIENT INSTABILITY. Disconnect during drop, disconnect in the middle of the match, disconnect after leaving a match. Month after month of tweaks to balance (4+ years now...), yet the client continues to crash at random for many players.

Just in case you have not tried yet, take a shot and switch between fullscreen and full window. For me and some others that made the difference between 3 crashs an evening to one crash every other month.

HTH

#64 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:35 AM

@Matt Newman, and the rest of PGI's Events Team ---

Thank you for the Event. At this point, I've personally managed to finish everything, albeit that it was a slightly rougher ride than the previous one. Someone else I know even got lucky and finished before me, and they usually don't manage that kind of finish. Now I've just got to watch out for how I use the Premium Time and such, if I want to get the best usage of it. :)

By the way, you might want to have more involving 'Savior Kills' and 'Successful TAG-Assisted Hits' in Future Events. For comparison, the previous "Fall Harvest" Event's requirement of using a TAG to get part of it done seemed to cause teams to work together a bit more. Heck, I wish I could understand why people won't work together even when there's already In-Game Rewards for these things, and have to be forced by an Event to get their collective acts together. :o

@ Everyone ---

Pardon the rant on this last paragraph... But I just don't get it, I know the fault is DEFINITELY NOT PGI's, I'm really confused, and I'm hoping someone (either some of PGI's Staff, or another person/group) out there can provide a more useful answer... Why do people act like quiet cats that won't function together, and make their Teammates pay the price of dying? What is it that they can't communicate and work together unless it has been forced? What do these cold & non-communicating jerks think is so wrong with Teamwork in general? Why do they come into this game and treat it like "Call Of Duty" or such, when exactly that mentality of play isn't really useful here? And heck, why do they make it so hard to be able to actually communicate with anyone and everyone else, leaving one feeling like opening their own mouth isn't going to help at all? :(

(Yes, I know I've personally been a harsh critic in the past, but I've jammed that piece of me in a closed locker for now. The lock's jammed on, and the key is off in a random filing cabinet. I'm trying to do my best to look at solutions for helping make MWO grow, instead of letting it die under a grindstone. It is just so tiring, getting Teammates from the Matchmaker that leave others hanging out to die. :mellow: ...)

~D. V. "If someone wants an Event Review, you can treat this constructive post as such." Devnull

(p.s.: If someone's going to ask for an Event Rating, PGI gets a straight 10/10 for this one. MWO's Community is solely at fault for any Rating less than this, as I'm personally getting sick of people not working together as a Team!!!)

#65 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:18 PM

View Postpaws2sky, on 15 October 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Excellent! Thank you for clarifying.

I knew that's how it used to work, but I didn't see a reward screen when I logged in after redeeming some of the lower level prizes this time.

-paws

When you redeem from the event web page, there is no reward screen.
If it was some pick a prize or loot bag, there is one.
If you're a TSP owner and an event is over, you will get a reward screen for the granted bonus.

#66 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:10 AM

I enjoyed this event which is the first I fully finished. :) Wish I had already my headset.

#67 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:54 AM

Pinging our friendly Event-maker, Matt (a.k.a. Matt Newman), in order to point out an idea...

View PostMatt Newman, on 12 October 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Didn't anyone notice the Sweet "Warthog" Decal I put on the Hellspawn? It's an instant Classic.

...because this other person just gave a real idea for a Cockpit Item or two with their post...

View PostDeadWeight18, on 16 October 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

I enjoyed this event which is the first I fully finished. Posted Image Wish I had already my headset.

...because we could introduce a "Protective Earmuffs" Item as a Standing and/or Hanging piece for Mech Cockpits everywhere in our known Galaxy Map! All those AutoCannons (AC/UAC/RAC/LB-X) firing and making extremely loud noise, and yet we lack the Ear Protecting Item to not end up with serious tinnitus. It just seems logical and fun to add it to MWO's Cockpit Options! If someone wanted to be really silly/crazy/adventurous/creative/etc. (I'm sure there's more positive words I could put right there, but I can't think of them right now!!!), we might even call for this as a Bolt-On for Mechs with Head-Shaped Tops. And heck, I can even see it fitting into Matt's Artwork for a Holiday Season Event... A nicely-colored Santa-ish Atlas that was wearing Earmuffs! :D

So many reasons to do this, and I can't really see reasons not to. Matt, what do you think of this idea? And is there any chance you could and/or would ask the Art Department (and any others which would be connected) if they could make a "Protective Earmuffs" Cockpit Item and/or Bolt-On??? B)

~D. V. "Looking forward to hearing Matt Newman's opinion on this one!" Devnull

#68 l KuroNeko l

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:43 PM

This is probably dead already, but how can I redeem the prizes? I did everything but the headshot one and didnt redeem the extra bonuses

#69 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 10:16 PM

View Postl KuroNeko l, on 23 October 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

This is probably dead already, but how can I redeem the prizes? I did everything but the headshot one and didnt redeem the extra bonuses

Yo an redeem past events from the in-game event browser or here on the website.

This should do the trick: https://mwomercs.com/events/181

Z

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users