270 replies to this topic

#221 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:32 AM

View PostShanrak, on 10 December 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Just throwing out some ideas here from left field. There are a few issues here and have to be addressed separately.

1. How to identify stronger teams.
2. How to entice weaker players to play.
2. How to handicap stronger teams fairly without limiting their fun.

1. Individual SSR/Elo is obviously a good starting point. Maybe amplify each SSR based on group size, by as much as 1.5 for a full 12 man. This ratio can be fine tuned for better balance.
2. Once the relative skill of each side is determined decide on an appropriate reward amount, so the weaker side gets better rewards. The bigger the disparity the bigger the reward. Also maybe reward top 3 players on each side a small MC bonus (~10-15).
3. A few ideas here:
- One way MOBAs handle a level disparity is drastically increased respawn times for the winning team. Perhaps increase respawn timers as the kill ratio gets skewed more to one side. That gives the losing team a better chance to take objective.
- Get rid of scouting mode and give the losing side the scouting bonuses. Side with weaker players get combat ID. First side to 12 deaths gets radar sweep. First to 20 gets air support etc.
- Strengthen spawn location defences. Don't make it impossible but definitely make it require a concerted effort to push the spawn.

Be sure to post ideas here: https://mwomercs.com...t-mechcon-2018/

PGI doesn't read this thread Posted Image

Edited by Nightbird, 10 December 2018 - 10:32 AM.

#222 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

Let's not kid ourselves PGI doesn't read that thread either :D

#223 Daryl Hannah From Clan Cave Bear

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

Nightbird is sooooooo SEXY!

#224 November Juliet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:56 AM

Easy fix to faction play. Screw the is vs clan. Just make all 12 man vs 12 man doesn’t matter if it’s isvsis, is vs clan. No notice nothing. That way 12 mans face 12 mans regardless of faction.

#225 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:19 AM

View PostNovember Juliet, on 13 December 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

Easy fix to faction play. Screw the is vs clan. Just make all 12 man vs 12 man doesn’t matter if it’s isvsis, is vs clan. No notice nothing. That way 12 mans face 12 mans regardless of faction.

Your joking right? PGI has dumbed down FP so bad since Closed beta its a joke and because of there terrible advice from comp players and 12 man premade players FP has become a graveyard because so many players said FUUUU were tired of 12 man rolls and left FP or the game itself because it becomes so boring in QP and group QP.

So ya great idea lets dumb down FP to a point its just another QP group mode with no meaning at all. LOLOLOL I guess its a fitting end to MWO and FP.

#226 November Juliet

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 08:28 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 13 December 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Your joking right? PGI has dumbed down FP so bad since Closed beta its a joke and because of there terrible advice from comp players and 12 man premade players FP has become a graveyard because so many players said FUUUU were tired of 12 man rolls and left FP or the game itself because it becomes so boring in QP and group QP.

So ya great idea lets dumb down FP to a point its just another QP group mode with no meaning at all. LOLOLOL I guess its a fitting end to MWO and FP.

You need to read better. I said only 12 man vs 12 man. Which means you idiot pugs and lore hards won’t have to deal with it. You can happily go on clan vs is pug via pug and the teams can fight each other more often. Heck any group over 8 man should be subject to having to face teams first.

Edited by November Juliet, 13 December 2018 - 08:29 AM.

#227 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:27 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 13 December 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

The Truth is, with people able to change factions on a whim, it mostly already has lost that type of meaning. With people switching their faction nightly, the map doesn't have much meaning, nor does any individual faction. For the die-hard loyalists, the only thing seemingly in it for them is being locked out of events. The only thing approaching "Lore" right now is the occasional event with a back story. Fortunately, there's more of these supposedly going to happen with the new FP push, but we'll have to wait and see if it delivers.

For non-event nights, I'm actually on-board with there not being any "sides" to choose from. (However, i would still like there to be sides to a specific conflict, should an event to show up.) For those off nights, the advantage of always having an even pile to make games (and accordingly, no way for groups to stack one side and avoid each other for most of the night) probably out-weigh the "Lore" concerns of a mercenary forming up with both clanners and IS players on his own team, or playing over a a map that hasn't changed in months.

#228 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:38 AM

For the past two months, I refunded my mech packs and used FP as the reason to ensure that my opinion is read (basically that FP needs a system to allow un-balanced teams to have a fun match, since putting together balanced teams via MM is impossible). Whether there are any ears open on PGI's end is unknown (ok, there probably aren't), but I feel like I'm done venting. I'll keeping my future mech packs and will keep playing until the FP mode dies.

#229 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:17 PM

View PostNightbird, on 17 December 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

For the past two months, I refunded my mech packs and used FP as the reason to ensure that my opinion is read (basically that FP needs a system to allow un-balanced teams to have a fun match, since putting together balanced teams via MM is impossible). Whether there are any ears open on PGI's end is unknown (ok, there probably aren't), but I feel like I'm done venting. I'll keeping my future mech packs and will keep playing until the FP mode dies.

by doing absolutely nothing PGI outlasted you, lol

#230 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:25 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 17 December 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

by doing absolutely nothing PGI outlasted you, lol

Not really, I still play the game and I believe that PGI deserves some revenue from that. I'm not one of the freeloaders that pretend they're dissatisfied with everything while spending hundreds if not thousands of hours in the game.

#231 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

I think it would be hard to find players that have stuck it out in this game over the long term that haven't spent money

#232 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

I got an idea fir a FP population booster. Release 8 new mechs 4 per each side as FP rewards. One varient and not a bag of hot garbage.

Now make it actualy hard to earn all 4. Much like getting to max LP for a house/clan. Not something you can do in a week, or month.

Just a thought.

#233 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 03:08 PM

View PostGrus, on 17 December 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

I got an idea fir a FP population booster. Release 8 new mechs 4 per each side as FP rewards. One varient and not a bag of hot garbage.

Now make it actualy hard to earn all 4. Much like getting to max LP for a house/clan. Not something you can do in a week, or month.

Just a thought.

Only a few dozen people have ever reached rank 20 so most people wouldn't bother.

#234 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 06:19 AM

View PostNightbird, on 23 October 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

Give unbalanced teams handicaps. Call it something different of course, like resource allocation or tonnage allocation for battle.

Analyze each team for it's average win-loss ratio across all members, if teams are very different skill wise, give the stronger team a dynamic cbill adjustment for deck tonnage, just as an example:
250 tons: -50% Cbill & LP & XP penalty
200 tons: 0% Cbill adjustment
150 tons: 25% Cbill & LP & XP bonus.

Give the weaker team a flat bonus: +25% Cbills & LP & XP for fighting a stronger team.

The percentages are just an example, adjust it based on the magnitude of the difference between the average win-loss ratio of the two teams. For example:

Team A WLR: 0.5 & Team B WLR: 1.5 then Team B gives up 25 tons or gets 50% Cbill & LP & XP penalty, team A gets 10% Cbill & LP & XP bonus
Team A WLR: 0.5 & Team B WLR: 3.0 then Team B gives up 50 tons or gets 50% Cbill & LP & XP penalty, team A gets 25% Cbill & LP & XP bonus
Team A WLR: 0.5 & Team B WLR: 10.0 then Team B gives up 100 tons or gets 50% Cbill & LP & XP penalty, team A gets 50% Cbill & LP & XP bonus

With this, people will come back because they know if the teams aren't fair, they'll get a tonnage and cbill handicap against stronger teams. Display the average drop deck tonnage during the drop screen, so both sides know something was done to make the match more even.

The penalty can also be scaled linearly. If you need to give up 20 tons and you give up 10, your penalty is 25%. If you need to give up 50 tons and you give up 40, your penalty is just 10%. Call it something different of course, like cost of additional supplies.

Oh yes, give more drop decks purtty please

Edit: Cbill & LP & XP bonuses and penalties instead of just Cbill

I would give my left nut to be able to play medium mechs full time and it actually be viable. Right now FP is dominated by Walking death platforms in Mad Cat 2c, Annihilators, etc. Anything that would alter the game straight to think more dynamically about mech selection and team comp would be amazing. If a pilot could choose to specialize in a particular weight class that would be even more amazing.

#235 KingCobra

• The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 26 December 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

I would give my left nut to be able to play medium mechs full time and it actually be viable. Right now FP is dominated by Walking death platforms in Mad Cat 2c, Annihilators, etc. Anything that would alter the game straight to think more dynamically about mech selection and team comp would be amazing. If a pilot could choose to specialize in a particular weight class that would be even more amazing.

Long ago far far back in time to closed beta many players proposed a idea for CW/FP that mechs for each drop would be random tonnage sized per match for each set of teams playing so one match you could have a combination of 2 assaults 4 heavy's and 6 mediums and next match it would be 4 lights 4 heavy's and 4 assaults ETC for each team per side.

Each match would have had random map game mode and mech tonnage selection then the team Leader could assign each pilot there mechs or pilots could say hey I want to pilot 4 mediums this battle ETC. What ever you chose as a mech tonnage you had to bring 4 per match for each player.

This was Idea #444 on the MWO forgotten list of 50,000 ideas since Day 1 to the end of Closed beta then players figured out no one was listening packed up there suitcases and said adios amigo.

#236 KingCobra

• The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:54 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 December 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

So any evidence of this typically ridiculous claim?

I mean - You claim to play all the time, yet hide behind an Alt.

Anyone half educated knows why... I mean, you are in G-NX afterall

You really have some problems friend you should uninstall the game and stop trolling players on this forum..
I don't hide behind anything? this is a main account on this IP?

As far as G-NX they seem to be good players and I thank them for letting me drop with them for FP games as a solo pug it was getting almost impossible to find games anytime I choose to play?

And as for your assumption I don't play much you cant be more wrong. And if you look in the archives or my posts and topics many things I and many other current or lost players have discussed long ago and still today are there?

Edited by KingCobra, 26 December 2018 - 01:01 PM.

#237 Kells hounder

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

SPAWN CAMPED by nightbird, wtf dude , never coming back to fw

#238 lurmbaby

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

What he said ^^

drop fw first time, for event get killed in spawn thanks nightbird you suck

#239 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 05 January 2019 - 05:12 PM

View PostKells hounder, on 05 January 2019 - 04:49 PM, said:

SPAWN CAMPED by nightbird, wtf dude , never coming back to fw

View Postlurmbaby, on 05 January 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

What he said ^^

drop fw first time, for event get killed in spawn thanks nightbird you suck

Let me guess: You were hiding in your spawn, thinking to lurm away at the Spheroids from the safety of the Trump walls? But it didn't pan out quite as planned?

#240 PandasAtPanda

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 10:09 PM

Insta killed when dropped when after wave 1, great goodbye FW, FIX fw get rid of spawn campers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users