Patch Notes - 1.4.188.0 - 13-Nov-2018

121 replies to this topic

#101 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:30 PM

When will all of you realize the PGI is not interested in the fixing of problems, defects, deficiencies? Russ Bullock is not interested in the upgrading the game. He just wants to distort the facts and tune the IS mechs in the name of "balance". This way it does not make any sense to be CLAN side and IS side.
He is not interested in the fact the IS could win battles over the CLANs just with teamwork, co-op. For example, a real Faction Play would look like: more efficient CLAN-weapons, 4x12 IS mechs(4 IS company) vs 2x12 CLAN mechs(1 CLAN company+almost a star)
3-5 times more range for missiles
2 times more range for lasers
50% more range for ballistics
Let's read the books!
And where are the advanced CLAN weapons? HAG-40, C-RAC/5?
By the way, why does the C-AC/20 shoot 4 times to damage 20points with approx. 900m range??? 4x5 shoots would mean 4xC-AC/5 that causes 20points of damage.
Instead of this, somehow the C-AC/20 shoots 4 pieces of 20 rounds with 5 damage.
Of course the IS AC/20 can cause 20 damage in on shoot, with one round.
He just wants to satisfy his misconceptions, because he has the "power" in his hand to ruin the CLANs. He has a game that can form as he likes.
And 240missiles in 1 ton? So, 4kg per missiles??? Are you kidding?
The CLANs are weakening "patch" by "patch" and the IS is stronger and stronger. Just see the map. What kind of invasion is that? It is the minimum, the FP must have different rules contrary to the QP. Let's see how many pilots play in the FP. It is a global game, but it takes 30minutes to start a match. You can't bear the CLANs' superiority and want to persuade yourself the IS could win. It is just a FAIRY TALE!
I am sad to see this amazing Battletech Universe is in the hand of a selfish and haughty "man".
You are disgusting

#102 Tulip Lee

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:41 PM

Ooh, the downloading is not working.

#103 Daviar777

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:28 PM

Need some help. I've been trying to get the download to work for the last 3.5 hours. I tried to autopatch but that timed out. When I tried the downloads to manually patch, 347.zip just keeps timing out while trying to download it.
347.zip estimates from 1-2 days. after 15-30 min of slow download, it says, "Failed-network error".
348.zip downloads in only a few moments with no issues.
I don't have an issue with network on my end. My download speed is consistently 41-43MBs (tested as I write this and while trying to download 347). I have no issues connecting to the MWO site, only when trying to do this patch. The previous downloads were all done in 5-10 minutes. What's going on with this one? (thanks in advance for any help!).

#104 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:40 PM

At this point, I've downloaded 447 MB of a 443 MB, and have a -1:07 time for the expected download time. So who knows how long this could take.

I'm really hesitant to close it and start over, because I don't want to lose my progress. It's already taken 2.5 hours. Normally it's 10 minutes, maximum.

Edit - I decided what the heck, I'll restart the patcher. Now it says I've only downloaded 426 MB, and that the expected time is another 15 minutes, and climbing. I have no idea what it's doing.

Edited by Khalcruth, 13 November 2018 - 07:50 PM.

#105 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

Glad I'm not the only one having trouble. Had to dump some memory last patch but haven't downloaded anything major between then and now. It really shouldn't take this much memory for a patch, I'll run the fix tool but if that doesn't work, I'll have to uninstall and reinstall using Steam.

#106 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:43 AM

View PostBlackDeathLegion, on 10 November 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

how about all king crabs that were built with AC20s get that "HSL +1 AC20" treatment? This shouldve been 1 of 2 IS mechs to debut this feature.

Or just up AC20 ghostheat limit by 1 overall. We got HG which does 50 damage already with way better velocity... boom jagers aren't that scary anymore.

View PostPure NZ, on 13 November 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

When will all of you realize the PGI is not interested in the fixing of problems, defects, deficiencies? Russ Bullock is not interested in the upgrading the game. He just wants to distort the facts and tune the IS mechs in the name of "balance". This way it does not make any sense to be CLAN side and IS side.
He is not interested in the fact the IS could win battles over the CLANs just with teamwork, co-op. For example, a real Faction Play would look like: more efficient CLAN-weapons, 4x12 IS mechs(4 IS company) vs 2x12 CLAN mechs(1 CLAN company+almost a star)
3-5 times more range for missiles
2 times more range for lasers
50% more range for ballistics
Let's read the books!
And where are the advanced CLAN weapons? HAG-40, C-RAC/5?
By the way, why does the C-AC/20 shoot 4 times to damage 20points with approx. 900m range??? 4x5 shoots would mean 4xC-AC/5 that causes 20points of damage.
Instead of this, somehow the C-AC/20 shoots 4 pieces of 20 rounds with 5 damage.
Of course the IS AC/20 can cause 20 damage in on shoot, with one round.
He just wants to satisfy his misconceptions, because he has the "power" in his hand to ruin the CLANs. He has a game that can form as he likes.
And 240missiles in 1 ton? So, 4kg per missiles??? Are you kidding?
The CLANs are weakening "patch" by "patch" and the IS is stronger and stronger. Just see the map. What kind of invasion is that? It is the minimum, the FP must have different rules contrary to the QP. Let's see how many pilots play in the FP. It is a global game, but it takes 30minutes to start a match. You can't bear the CLANs' superiority and want to persuade yourself the IS could win. It is just a FAIRY TALE!
I am sad to see this amazing Battletech Universe is in the hand of a selfish and haughty "man".
You are disgusting

Loled while reading this funny rant, more specific IS OP rant part. Having 2x more mechs/pilots isn't really winning by teamwork it's winning by having 2x more mechs/pilots. And your proposal of clan range buff... Do you really want ATMs to reach 6KM (Lurms 5KM)? That is enough range to shoot from largest maps edge to edge. Heck let's use that infamous teamwork and have 10 of these SNV-A with couple narc lights WITH FREAKKIN' 5KM RANGE LRMs, enjoy the endless rain.

PS. Most decent players seem to do fine both Clan and IS side.

#107 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:43 AM

View PostPure NZ, on 13 November 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

You can't bear the CLANs' superiority and want to persuade yourself the IS could win. It is just a FAIRY TALE!
You are disgusting

It's sad some people don't realise this isn't TT but an FPS and things need balancing 1 to 1...

#108 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:41 AM

Repair Tool crashed, that's a new one.

#109 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostCurccu, on 14 November 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

Heck let's use that infamous teamwork and have ... these SNV-A with ... narc lights ..., enjoy the endless rain.

Posted Image Thank You!

#110 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 05:28 PM

is it me or have the micro lasers been linked back with small/med lasers for ghost heat?

#111 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:14 PM

Maybe I missed it but did the Mech Con things not go in yet?

#112 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 15 November 2018 - 02:33 AM

>Battle of Turkeyyid Warhorn<
äh okay and thats the official flag of Turkeyyid IV? Can we have that as decal?

Posted Image

#113 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:15 PM

View PostRhialto, on 09 November 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

Again another patch and still not fixed:

Posted Image

-cough-

#114 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 17 November 2018 - 04:09 AM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 16 November 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

-cough-

It is not about fixing and upgrading, it is about only the IS tuning. They will do it while the IS is invading the CLANs.

#115 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:39 AM

View PostRhialto, on 09 November 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

Again another patch and still not fixed:

Posted Image

Does the same thing happen with Bolt-Ons??? :blink:

~D. V. "Adding the obvious extra question..." Devnull

#116 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:56 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 November 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

Does the same thing happen with Bolt-Ons??? Posted Image

~D. V. "Adding the obvious extra question..." Devnull

I have a single Bolt_on and unfortunatly yes...

Posted Image

BUT! I'm not forced to use Bolt-Ons, while Doors, Claws, etc. are stock on the mech so I think they should really fix those.

#117 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:27 AM

View PostRhialto, on 17 November 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

I have a single Bolt_on and unfortunatly yes...

<<<image from https://i.imgur.com/IoOgpQ2.gif>>>

BUT! I'm not forced to use Bolt-Ons, while Doors, Claws, etc. are stock on the mech so I think they should really fix those.

Please do not misinterpret me... I do also think they should fix the issues with Doors/Claws/etc., but I just wondered if the same issue happened with Bolt-Ons. Now that I know they do, PGI should add that to their listing of things to fix. :)

~D. V. "Trying to catch the whole picture here..." Devnull

#118 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 17 November 2018 - 08:40 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 November 2018 - 08:27 AM, said:

Please do not misinterpret me... I do also think they should fix the issues with Doors/Claws/etc., but I just wondered if the same issue happened with Bolt-Ons. Now that I know they do, PGI should add that to their listing of things to fix. Posted Image

~D. V. "Trying to catch the whole picture here..." Devnull

I did not misinterpret you, the message was to anyone not understanding why I keep trying to message them to fix shadows about Mechs bodies.

It's been 2 years or so now I report this basic issue and never I will expect them to fix bolt-ons shadow issue at any time.

Do you remember the same issue with Jagermech vertical fins on shoulder? There was an issue in FPV but not TPV and they fixed it in a timely manner.

#119 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:18 AM

View PostRhialto, on 17 November 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

I did not misinterpret you, the message was to anyone not understanding why I keep trying to message them to fix shadows about Mechs bodies.

Alright, fair enough. Just glad to know we're on the same page, mentally speaking. :)

View PostRhialto, on 17 November 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

It's been 2 years or so now I report this basic issue and never I will expect them to fix bolt-ons shadow issue at any time.

Do you remember the same issue with Jagermech vertical fins on shoulder? There was an issue in FPV but not TPV and they fixed it in a timely manner.

My apologies, but I started playing long after they fixed that issue. I'm glad to hear they did fix it, and find it sad that PGI has failed to upkeep on such repairs since. Maybe we need to launch another campaign in the Patch Feedback area? :o

~D. V. "We'll just have to keep poking until PGI fixes this." Devnull

#120 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:11 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 November 2018 - 12:08 AM, said:

Stuff D V said

Well said.

What else can I add.

Good players need to understand that without the bad players, this game has zero future, so any changes they suggest, or promote, needs to take into consideration, those that don't have your skill set. If you continue on the lines of this is what we want, they others will just have to put up with it.

Your not helping, your just putting a wounded animal out of it's misery.

P.G.I know this, which is why they often ignore, what seems common sense, ( I'm leaving quirks out of this, P.G.I you seriously need to get your **** together over those) then you get all **** because P.G.I ignored your ideas.

Bad players need to learn..and if the can't learn deal with it, don't come here asking for nerfs on weapons that are not O.P just because you won't adapt your game play.

Every single weapon has a counter, or a way to mitigate the damage from them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users