121 replies to this topic

#61 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:49 AM

View PostPromessa, on 11 November 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

I like seeing mechs get faster, but they are still very slow compared to the actual builds in use before desync. The write up suggests hit registration was an issue, I'm curious how bad a mastered xl190 lct 1v was in April 2017 and I still wonder why that particular mech can't have it's energy cooldown and duration quirks returned. I just don't think the buff here will make me love them again. The Jenner buffs are a lot nicer in comparison and I've felt like the Jenner F has been a way better light mech than a lct 1e since skill tree and desync.

Agreed on the LCT-1V, it should get at least the energy duration back. Preferably the cooldown too, since it is so undergunned. Tried it a number of times after the (needlessly huge) nerf, but it is really not viable right now, at least in my opinion.

#62 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:12 PM

No sign of tech. developement no money from my wallet PGI. :)

#63 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:40 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 11 November 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

Neither JagerMech nor Warhammer have a canon variant that uses an AC/20, let alone a pair of them. So thats highly unlikely, since PGI uses the heat scale limit quirk to enhance the usability of original weapon loadouts a bit.
Probably the same reason applies as to why those omnis got it as a set of 8 and not a chassis quirk.

I get they were going by lore for some of these quirk changes. But I'm just saying. Boomjager was the reason nerfed so long ago. It'd be interesting to see it make a comeback.

#64 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:43 PM

View PostDungeon 206, on 10 November 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

1. i didnt say take lurms out of the game.
2. watch the top streams and you'll see the top tier players abuse and troll the hell out of their less skill opponents with lurms.
3. the top tier streamers have all repeatedly said that lurms are way OP now

5. i'm all for vets etc playing the game who might nerve damage etc etc.
IM ALL FOR IT.
but if you just use your common sense to think about the lurm balances that PGI have done it doesnt benefit them
PGI has made it harder to lock on and hold locks with lurms.
HOW DOES THAT HELP PEOPLE WHO CANT AIM??

what PGI should have done is increase accessebility for using lurms ---> make them easier to use, so that people who dont have the physical ability to aim will find it easier to play the game. BUT along with this lurms NEED TO BE MADE LESS EFFECTIVE SO THAT TOP TIER PLAYERS, the ones that can aim very well, DONT TROLL THE HELL OUT OF EVERYONE ELSE.

lurms killing the game PGI.
watch the top tier streams and you'll see.

As one of these said people - I can confirm DV does not understand what he is talking about and the above is 150% on the money.

And I am telling everyone, just as many other top tier players have been since the LRM buffs at the start of the year

LRMs are in a horrible place right now. The recent 'lock-on' area reduction did nothing but hurt less skilled players. My LRM boats are heat neutral... 900m range with quirks out the kazzoooooo doing 60-80dmg every 3-4s.

Just back out the LRM velocity and heat buffs from the start of the year. Revert the reticule change that hurts less-skilled players - and we are good!

Edited by justcallme A S H, 11 November 2018 - 01:43 PM.

#65 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:05 PM

View PostRhialto, on 09 November 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

Again another patch and still not fixed:

Posted Image

Since those stationary shadows are relative to the camera... this tells you how amazingly "still" the player camera is. Despite being in a cockpit that jostles up and down like its a Disney space car right.

Meanwhile, the mechs themselves move quite a bit, which heavily effects your aim in third person view while moving... but in first person view, nothing about the way your mech moves will affect your aim at all, because despite all the motion, your "head" and thus your camera is "perfectly still"... even to the point that your neck would rip away from the head with every step you make in half these mechs, and if you look down you'll see how bad this really is.

#66 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:50 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 10 November 2018 - 08:52 AM, said:

Ummm did you actually read that bit about it? They said they were aware of it and that it was unintentional but are leaving the HSL quirk for the Awesome in place and are going to monitor it to see if it's too much.

So for me they say: "If no one is complaining we will take it out."

See? I complained. Dont take it out.

#67 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:32 AM

Bug report:

Osiris 1P with Manganese color main torso:
In multiple matches, I get a bar running across the pilot-figure's chest. It appears to be an errant piece of torso structure.

See image:

Posted Image

#68 HassonAssassin

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:41 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 12 November 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Bug report:

In multiple matches, I get a bar running across the pilot-figure's chest. It appears to be an errant piece of torso structure.

See image:

Posted Image

That may be a piece of the pilots seat, if you get a chance to see it in a few 'mechs, it's a pretty rad velvet blue. Still a clipping issue agreed.

Edited by HassonAssassin, 12 November 2018 - 12:02 PM.

#69 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 10 November 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

Do tell, I am am not aware of those buffs? Could you explain how they work, when and on which mechs, or just point me to where I can find the info. This is exactly the kind of min-maxing I like without going towards the high alpha delete-a-mechs builds.

The other guy is referring to missiles doors. So long as the slot for them is filled with a missile (or king crab or crab arms has a weapon in them)... The doors (or claws) have 20% damage resistance / negation when they are closed and not firing.
We know it is dependent on having the hardpoint filled as it is non-functional if the hardpoint isn't filled.

#70 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:28 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 10 November 2018 - 03:37 AM, said:

I can't help but wonder what brainiac thought that the locust wasn't mobile enough.. As probably the fastest, most mobile mech in the game, and a constant nuisance.. it's fast enough (for you old man ;-) ).

Other mechs I get.. but Locust.. Not so much..

View PostCaelvin, on 10 November 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

When are we going to get the Firemoth omnimech? Originally you said the game couldn't handle its speed but here you are increasing the speed of the locust?

Okay... except Commando was always the fastest in game (um just ignore the slow COM-2D variant).
Commando was in game by August 2012 and currently can move 167.16 Kph maxed.

Locust was in game by January 2013 and currently can move 165.44 Kph maxed.
Locusts has alway been slightly slower then Commandos.

Plenty other mechs can move at 165.44 Kph maxed like Incubus, Javelin, Osiris, and the Assassin ASN-101 variant.
But that means Commando still the fastest and all other mechs are dust-suckers. :P

All we know is that tomorrows update for locust and jenner and it probably means acceleration and perhaps other things in the Mobility branch of the skill tree.
Because if PGI used a mech other then Commando as their base mech for maximum speed in game after the engine desync then... well you know.

#71 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:42 PM

Are you running 3rd party soundpack? A few months ago a few players posted screenshots of boots up in the air..:) elsewhere they had also posted issues with sound while using a customized sound pack...

View PostJonathan8883, on 12 November 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Bug report:

See image:

Posted Image

#72 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 686 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:47 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 11 November 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

As one of these said people - I can confirm DV does not understand what he is talking about and the above is 150% on the money.

And I am telling everyone, just as many other top tier players have been since the LRM buffs at the start of the year

LRMs are in a horrible place right now. The recent 'lock-on' area reduction did nothing but hurt less skilled players. My LRM boats are heat neutral... 900m range with quirks out the kazzoooooo doing 60-80dmg every 3-4s.

Just back out the LRM velocity and heat buffs from the start of the year. Revert the reticule change that hurts less-skilled players - and we are good!

Or they could stop being trolls in order to be trolls and driving people away from the game and then blaming it on PGI. As if they aren't playing a part in the downfall of the game either.

#73 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:20 PM

That is the problem with game rules: You have to make sure they _work_ without relying on players to do gentlemens agreements among each other.

A S H and others playing LRMs to excess should put PGI on their heels and make more|better adjustments, they should not be blamed for pointing it out. It is like shooting the messanger.

Next up: 4 guys in a coordinated 12 drop employing 4 flamers each. Move along, balance is fine.

Again: I love that game, but the problem is not ASH or "all the others" not coping with LRMs in the right way, the problem is the current state of LRM-land. Just go to a FP-Match on polar and watch the rain, tell me afterwards everything works as intended.

Yes, the same rules apply to both teams, but it is just not _fun_. Take it or leave it is not going to cut it

#74 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:14 AM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 12 November 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

Or they could stop being trolls in order to be trolls and driving people away from the game and then blaming it on PGI. As if they aren't playing a part in the downfall of the game either.

Thats sort of like spitting in the rain to be honest, sure its disgusting but that ground aint getting any dryer regardless.

#75 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:22 AM

still no decent Spider quirks? jah, fluff this.

#76 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 06:55 AM

No, no sound mods or anything else.

#77 Eisenhorne

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:25 AM

LRM'ing isn't trolling anymore at this point, I'm convinced it is the meta way to play on Caustic now... It's a powerful strategy that will beat even good teams.

Edited by Eisenhorne, 13 November 2018 - 07:25 AM.

#78 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:46 AM

But it is PGI’s fault. All these so called “trolls” are doing is playing the meta. A meta that PGI created. (I never thought I would say that about LRMs)

View PostEisenhorne, on 13 November 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

LRM'ing isn't trolling anymore at this point, I'm convinced it is the meta way to play on Caustic now... It's a powerful strategy that will beat even good teams.

Exactly.

Last night I played 4 matches. Caustic, 2 Polar and one Terra. LRMs were dominant on all three. If leaving LRMS in this state is part of PGI’s meta o’ the moment form of balance in order to drive sales and or the c-bill sink it appears to be working. Several of us former LRM haters finally bit the bullet and bought clan LRM boats just so we wouldn’t be a damper on the rest of the team. And well, it worked. That isn’t “trolling” that is playing the game that PGI appears to want us to play and playing in the manner that they have dictated as the best way to play, at least on those maps.

#79 thraadash

• Pip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:22 AM

Hi,
I believe the most important thing about this post (date and timing) have been omitted, perhaps by accident?

Just thought someone should know.

#80 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:33 AM

View Postthraadash, on 13 November 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Hi,
I believe the most important thing about this post (date and timing) have been omitted, perhaps by accident?

Just thought someone should know.

Im game it says 1pm Local I think? ( for me as of the time of this post its 12:32pm, assuming its using my pcs time to tell me the 'local' time) and said it will be down about a hour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users