Patch Notes - 1.4.188.0 - 13-Nov-2018

121 replies to this topic

#41 a frying pan to the CT

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:44 PM

Ice Ferret buff is a great surprise for one of my favorite mechs. ECM, 2HLL, great speed, and it's natural tankyness makes it a very forgiving mech and a go-to for a fun match.

#42 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

Gjeeeez! I almost got an heart attack... wow, negative armor quirks for the Dire wolf removed???
Finally, took long enough. Good!

#43 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

Really, PGI, really?
Were these the major problems in the game? Tuning the IS?
Should I list the lacks, problems, unreality, obsolete solutions?
Let's tune the IS, you one-sided cheaters!

Edited by Pure NZ, 10 November 2018 - 03:58 PM.

#44 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:09 PM

View PostSereglach, on 09 November 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

So those "Top Priorities" and "Under the Microscope Items" . . . the broken Heat Containment nodes, Stealth Armor being screwed up due to the functionality depending on heat capacity, and Flamers being utterly broken . . . none of it's been fixed in this patch.

Exactly.

More empty promises from a company now entirely focused on just stringing us along.

#45 Pure_NZ

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHuntress - Pahn City (X:Y Coordinates: 49.19:1,756.45)

Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:29 PM

But Russ Bullock has fun, it is the essence

#46 Forgeling

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:38 PM

Can we get the new heat scale limit +1 quirk on some ER Large Lasers for light mechs? Adder and Cougar come to mind especially.

#47 Sir Immortal Shadow

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKenora, Ontario, Canada

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:11 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 10 November 2018 - 03:37 AM, said:

I can't help but wonder what brainiac thought that the locust wasn't mobile enough.

I'm thinking here that maybe they wanted to keep it competitive compared to things like the piranha.
Also, is anyone else hoping they lower the cooldown on Clan-Streak-6 from 6 to like 5.5? I know it has a wider optimal range than ATMs, but they don't have as much raw damage or a long range option and they spread all over the place. I don't think I ever really see anyone else even using clan streaks.

Edited by Sir Immortal Shadow, 10 November 2018 - 07:12 PM.

#48 Ghost of Kerensky

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:15 PM

As much as I love this fandom, it can get pretty toxic with it's comments.
The next patch is the one to get mad about if they don't fix the stuff they said they were going to.
I'm waiting too, but have a little maturity. They have to balance a bunch of contradicting feedback from the players with internal plans and roadmaps. I feel lucky they haven't just stopped updating completely.
People man. 90% of us overreact when we don't get what we want.

Edited by Ghost of Kerensky, 10 November 2018 - 07:20 PM.

#49 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:39 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 November 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

The following new Bolt-Ons have been added to all retrofitted 'Mech chassis:
  • Searchlight - Shoulder

Bolt-on retrofits have been expanded to the following 'Mech chassis:
  • Warhammer

#50 BlackDeathLegion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:41 PM

how about all king crabs that were built with AC20s get that "HSL +1 AC20" treatment? This shouldve been 1 of 2 IS mechs to debut this feature.

#51 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:34 PM

View PostZephrym, on 10 November 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

Heat Scale Limit iirc. Enables additional weapons before the implementation of ghost heat.

Z

View PostGweNTLeR, on 10 November 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

It is the weapon bay doors mechanic(WBD). Forgotten by many. Grants 20%(on most mechs) PLAIN damage reduction on certain mech part with WBD (i.e. arm or torso) when WBD are closed.
However, it works ONLY if that component is filled with CERTAIN weapon (which toggles WBD).
For example, a stalker with RL in left arm and no missiles in right arm with WBD closed will suffer from AC10 slug 8 damage to left arm or 10 damage to the right arm. With WBD open it would be 10 to both.
Stalker is probably the best example of how it could be used - when you pick a LPL or ERLL stalker you could sacrifice 1 ton to increase arm protection.
Tested myself not long ago.
mechs with WBD could be found on smurfy. https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Thanks for the clarification. I was aware of the WBD bonus, but critically not that it required missile weapons to kick in, which is really silly, its a physical area on a mech being opened, what is behind the cover of the door should make no difference to the protection offered by closed door. Will still be using it though :)

Good stomping o7

#52 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:26 PM

What do we have here?

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 November 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

The following new Bolt-Ons have been added to all retrofitted 'Mech chassis:
  • Katana - Hand
  • Katana - Back
  • Searchlight - Shoulder
  • Flag - Back
  • Flag - Shoulder

Thank you for adding these bolt-ons that I asked for. I'm going have fun decking out the Hatamoto-Chi when it comes out. I just hope the flag is colorable.

I actually made a thread like this a while back, https://mwomercs.com...ce-suggestions/
Katana:

Posted Image

Colorable Flags for the Rear of Mechs (seriously, how did you miss that?):
Posted Image

But that searchlight makes me wonder.

#53 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 12:04 AM

View PostBlackDeathLegion, on 10 November 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

how about all king crabs that were built with AC20s get that "HSL +1 AC20" treatment? This shouldve been 1 of 2 IS mechs to debut this feature.

Yeah I'm really holding out for this too. I can see why they don't want to give people a 40 damage pinpoint combo with no charge up time and lower heat than the currently possible 3x heavy PPC Awesome (not to mention that the King Crab is objectively just a better mech than the Awesome), but a pair of AC20s is a huge tonnage, slot, ammo and heat investment anyway so that'd balance it out, right?

#54 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:06 AM

More mobility for the Uziel? It's already the most agile medium above 45 tons. But hell, I'll take it. Since resizing or remodeling the massive shoulders and gawky posture is out of the question. Also Banshee appreciates the love, but 5% cooldown reduction across the board would be more greatly appreciated. ;p

View PostBlackDeathLegion, on 10 November 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

I dunno. I think the Jaeger should get that quirk. It was the original dual AC20 mech. It's why AC20s were nerfed way back before the Clans showed up and ruined balance. The Warhammer does it better. But I'd like to see this for the Jaeger since it doesn't get as much love.

#55 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:18 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 11 November 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

More mobility for the Uziel? It's already the most agile medium above 45 tons. But hell, I'll take it. Since resizing or remodeling the massive shoulders and gawky posture is out of the question.

Recent agility balancing efforts were really-really neat. Viper was among the most agile 40t mechs even before the buff, now it is comparable to 20t Piranha and is by far the twitchiest 40t mech.

Uziel, before the latest agility buff, was on par with Wolverine and Black Lanner (not counting the MASC). If this patch would increase it enough for it to be the most agile 50t mech, I won't protest either.

Grasshopper getting a bit closer to Summoner-tier agility is a step in the right direction too.

#56 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:30 AM

I dunno. I think the Jaeger should get that quirk. It was the original dual AC20 mech. It's why AC20s were nerfed way back before the Clans showed up and ruined balance. The Warhammer does it better. But I'd like to see this for the Jaeger since it doesn't get as much love.

I'd like it to first get some armor back on its arms. They are way too squishy.

#57 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 11 November 2018 - 06:55 AM

Neither JagerMech nor Warhammer have a canon variant that uses an AC/20, let alone a pair of them. So thats highly unlikely, since PGI uses the heat scale limit quirk to enhance the usability of original weapon loadouts a bit.
Probably the same reason applies as to why those omnis got it as a set of 8 and not a chassis quirk.

#58 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:03 AM

View Posttutzdes, on 11 November 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

Recent agility balancing efforts were really-really neat. Viper was among the most agile 40t mechs even before the buff, now it is comparable to 20t Piranha and is by far the twitchiest 40t mech.

Uziel, before the latest agility buff, was on par with Wolverine and Black Lanner (not counting the MASC). If this patch would increase it enough for it to be the most agile 50t mech, I won't protest either.

Grasshopper getting a bit closer to Summoner-tier agility is a step in the right direction too.

oh you're right, I was under the impression the Vulcan was the most agile medium but looks like the Viper C with set of 8 is.

#59 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 10:51 AM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 11 November 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

I was under the impression the Vulcan was the most agile medium but looks like the Viper C with set of 8 is.

Since its release Vulcan in fact was the most agile medium mech. I was even a bit dissappointed by the fact, that it was superior to Viper in every possible way (except for exessive jump juice). Only the recent buff made Viper to surpass Cicada, Assassin and Vulcan and fill the niche of Clan Osiris.

Now I can say that all 40-tonners are good mechs. With upcoming buffs, PGI takes steps to make all 45t and 50t mechs viable and have their own niches.

#60 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:03 AM

MAD-BH2

Energy Range quirk converted into a Universal Range Quirk.

New IS ER PPC HSL +1 quirk Added

1 gauss + 2 erppc back? except it has horrible DPS and won't get many KMDD/Solo Kills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users