7 replies to this topic

#1 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 18 November 2018 - 03:36 AM

Weapon variety? Not where we're going. 600+ damage average per match? Absolutely.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...5f9d151c8a0c94a

#2 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:59 AM

Alot of ineffective damage yes.
The build is good, but do not be fooled by the high damage numbers - most of this damage contribute little toward the destruction of the enemy mech by doing damage all over. In MRM builds I try to squeeze in at least one small weapon that can target specific components. It is very frustrating to fire 80 missiles at an enemy with a red CT or ST and observe damage delivered to all his fresh components, while the red ones take minimal damage.

#3 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:21 AM

it's a very effective mech, but its purpose is not to target a specific component. This jet of missiles should be used on slow moving targets with huge hitboxes. Two of these volleys should make an assaults day miserable. That's what you do.

Personally, I run with an XL engine to add another jumpjet and more speed. The side-torso's are well protected, and you can fire from a medium range or second line. Just be careful for double heavy gauss, and avoid being in the tip of the spear.

Edit: i use a different variant with 2 lasers in the centre, this variant has powerful quirks.

Edited by Yumoshiri, 10 December 2018 - 10:32 AM.

#4 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:09 PM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 10 December 2018 - 01:59 AM, said:

Alot of ineffective damage yes.
The build is good, but do not be fooled by the high damage numbers - most of this damage contribute little toward the destruction of the enemy mech by doing damage all over. In MRM builds I try to squeeze in at least one small weapon that can target specific components. It is very frustrating to fire 80 missiles at an enemy with a red CT or ST and observe damage delivered to all his fresh components, while the red ones take minimal damage.

This is a GREAT POST, as I've moved up in the ranks I've noted a certain decrease in dmg scores. Once you start coring your enemies, your kill count will go up and your overall DMG will go down.

MRM are terrible, they scatter the dmg everywhere, generate too much heat, and shoot like a poorly aimed RAC5 that requires too much lead. One of the worst weapons in the game... but, I love going up against someone using them.

#5 Jorgamundir

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 06:15 AM

View PostJohn McClintock, on 25 April 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

This is a GREAT POST, as I've moved up in the ranks I've noted a certain decrease in dmg scores. Once you start coring your enemies, your kill count will go up and your overall DMG will go down.

MRM are terrible, they scatter the dmg everywhere, generate too much heat, and shoot like a poorly aimed RAC5 that requires too much lead. One of the worst weapons in the game... but, I love going up against someone using them.

you know you say that but...MRM is great for denying the enemy advantageous ground especially when they are pushing in close combat and get hit with chainfired missiles in a constant stream, it stresses them out and they get panicky
https://mech.nav-alp...a95646d_MAD-4HP

#6 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:01 AM

I run this sometimes and its fun but its team dependent. It might be sandblaster damage but it will make a mech back up when getting a face full of explosive animations. As to damage spread just make sure to have the spread and crit nodes unlocked and try to save yourself for mid to late game when there are lots of open sections you can get lucky crits with. Personally I run it with quad lrm15 and do long range sandblasting. Posted Image

#7 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:55 PM

Two builds are suitable for me with little difference for years: 2xLRM15 Artemis + 4xSRM4 or 2xLRM15 + 4xSSRM4 (Chainfire) + BAP.

#8 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:09 AM

I usually mix up the missile types unless I feel like being a hunter-killer build. srm 6 x6 for that coring monster. ssrm4x4 lrm 10x2 for the trickster. lrm5x6 for the spam which is less effective with the increasing number of ecm and ams fielded. A1 is my least used missile catapult as I like to have some back up weapons once the 'ears' are shot off. C4 and C1 for the mls.Even with a full 40 points into firepower mrms still spread a lot and against a fast light or med you'll miss a lot and wish for ssrm or laser.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users