317 replies to this topic

#221 Monschtah

Rookie

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 05 December 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Oh no, my completely and utterly free mech might not have a super-mega-ultimate-destroyer hardpoints. I got totally hosed! When the game police come to my house and hold a gun to my head forcing me to play it and only it for the rest of the game's lifetime, I'll be so unhappy! Life is so unfair!

Posted Image well done!

Guys it's free mechs and free bays (not to mention the C-Bills + MC) - pls chill!

Some players are complaining about a point, that pgi does nothing for new players.
I would say that it's one step to help new players - if you disagree you should try qp with stockmech! Play it for a week or so...

I like the free stuff(- and I bought the Warhammer IIC pack, but I now have a chance to use JJs if I want), as I am a relatively new player with only about 30 mechs.

Thanks PGI!

#222 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:20 AM

Just keep in mind that this time it would be unwise for PGI to have both gifts be better than what is in the mech packs, since both are still in preorder. Both are unique enough - for some, at least Posted Image - to be useful additions, even if you get the mech packs. And if you don't want them, fine, just sell them and cheer for the free mech bays and extra cbills.

#223 talbs

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:04 AM

Thank you

#224 Dungeon 206

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:16 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 05 December 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Oh no, my completely and utterly free mech might not have a super-mega-ultimate-destroyer hardpoints. I got totally hosed! When the game police come to my house and hold a gun to my head forcing me to play it and only it for the rest of the game's lifetime, I'll be so unhappy! Life is so unfair!

View PostBuenaventura, on 05 December 2018 - 03:20 AM, said:

Just keep in mind that this time it would be unwise for PGI to have both gifts be better than what is in the mech packs, since both are still in preorder. Both are unique enough - for some, at least Posted Image - to be useful additions, even if you get the mech packs. And if you don't want them, fine, just sell them and cheer for the free mech bays and extra cbills.

just FYI.
last year's completely and utterly free holiday mechs were the Powerhouse and the Vanguard.
and both are GOOD. like no nonsense good.
so theres no reason why this round of free mechs cant follow suit.
and silly to think that just because its free means it must be worse than the preorder.
(mind you the free Vanguard arrived same time as the preorder too.)

the whole point is playability, uniqueness, and flavour.
the JJs add flavour true, but if you read my original post carefully you'll see that it falls short of the other 2.
no mech should arrive DOA. thats just sloppy.

will wait for quirks and see. but not hopeful.

Edited by Dungeon 206, 05 December 2018 - 05:19 AM.

#225 AlexMiri

Rookie

• The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:52 AM

View PostFATA13RR0R, on 01 December 2018 - 09:17 PM, said:

Plz make it clan version of WHR Black Widow with four ballistics in side torsos

It's not a question of that version being made, but whether it really existed.
http://www.sarna.net...i/Warhammer_IIC

#226 TagaTinian

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:03 AM

The hard points are different from the ones you get with the packages.

#227 Friesser

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:22 AM

Thank you for offering these free mechs. As a free player, I've been wanting a hero assault for a long time. Assault is my favorite weight class. I hope I can turn at least one of these into a money maker. Thank you.

#228 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,191 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

View PostAlexMiri, on 05 December 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

It's not a question of that version being made, but whether it really existed.
http://www.sarna.net...i/Warhammer_IIC

yep... specially as Nat never used a Whammer IIc, just her Custom Dire Wolf "Widowmaker" upon her return to the clans. Well, that and the Dire Wolf W for her second Trial of Position, if i recall correctly, which is rather fitting, given it's the Wolf's Dragoons variant.

Edited by Arkhangel, 05 December 2018 - 12:07 PM.

#229 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostMonschtah, on 05 December 2018 - 01:27 AM, said:

Guys it's free mechs and free bays (not to mention the C-Bills + MC) - pls chill!

Posted Image

#230 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:52 AM

Why we don't have this event in the Future event queue? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#231 Battlesblood

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpanaway, WA.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:11 AM

because there's not been an update yet to put it in there lol ;p

#232 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:37 AM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 04 December 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Oh I like a free horse, but if that horse is underweight and has a worm problem I'm going to roast you for giving me a horse that has a worm and weight problem.

You could solve all your problems by not playing on the 27th . But then you would have nothing to moan and nag about .

#233 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:15 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 06 December 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

You could solve all your problems by not playing on the 27th . But then you would have nothing to moan and nag about .

Well that sounds incredibly counterproductive. I'm going to take my free mech, and I'm going to continue printing memes every time PGI does something weird.

#234 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:10 AM

Geez... All these complainers... *facedesk* -_-

Hey there, Mr. Matt Newman... These nuts are giving me a headache!!! Can we get an Addition to what's on the JumpJet-enabled WHM-IIC Holiday Hero of '1 Ballistic' to the Left Torso, to go with the '1 Energy' that's currently there? It would definitely add to the Build Diversity. :)

~Mr. D. V. "Not sure I'll be heard, but just wanting all those complainers to have to pipe down..." Devnull

#235 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:41 AM

Another note for our rather friendly Mr. Matt Newman ---

Thank you for doing a Pre-Announcement on this Event with a considerable 3+ Weeks of time between now and then. It really is appreciated, and I hope you'll be able to do this with many Future Events, even if those only get a 7-Day Pre-Announcement Period at most for them and don't say much in advance about Rewards. :D

~Mr. D. V. "just knowing it's incoming is a fair share of the battle, for being unable to plan ahead can be painful" Devnull

(p.s.: In case anyone's wondering why this got a separate post, it took me a few to think of posting this, and I wasn't going to punch Edit Buttons repeatedly!)

#236 Battlesblood

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpanaway, WA.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:42 PM

Hey, can we get Clan PPC's that actually do the 15 damage from the tabletop please, without increasing the already horrendous heat cost. The Clans are 200 years advanced in development after all. Yah know, since we're getting new presents for X-mas and all. It can come on one of the holiday mechs.

Edited by Battlesblood, 06 December 2018 - 03:45 PM.

#237 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:33 PM

So, having already pre-ordered the collector's pack for the WHM-IIC, with this give-away, and now with the new variant that's been announced, that's 6 of these mechs for me. I had zero reason to complain before (and never did), but I mot certainly cannot find fault with the dead now.

#238 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:36 PM

View PostBattlesblood, on 06 December 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Hey, can we get Clan PPC's that actually do the 15 damage from the tabletop please, without increasing the already horrendous heat cost. The Clans are 200 years advanced in development after all. Yah know, since we're getting new presents for X-mas and all. It can come on one of the holiday mechs.

How are exile nomad tribes more advanced than a galaxy of planets full of established infrastructure ?

#239 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:13 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 08 December 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

How are exile nomad tribes more advanced than a galaxy of planets full of established infrastructure ?

Lore...

The Clans limited their destruction to only military things, keeping damage down to a minimum and leaving scientists to "do their thing" (under guidance from the warrior castes for what projects those will be, until their advancement lines started to stagnate far after the current timeline).

Meanwhile, IS forces bombarded themselves, killed the knowledgeable on how things are build, and destroyed factories and infrastructure (and general know-how) till they don't even know how much of their stuff works, forget how to remake it (yet). They had to sign a truce to no longer destroy factories and other rare technologies, or lose it all together.

So... there are reasons Clans are suppose to be "more advanced". However, as this game is pure PvP, Clans instead are trying to just be "different" for balance sake, which is fine with me.

AKA: Clans didn't lose technology and instead refined it while in exile, taking many scientists with them. IS meanwhile still have large manufacturing capabilities over the Clans, but lost much in the way of more advanced technologies. I mean, it's hard to build a giant space ripping engine to "teleport" from system to system, when you've killed everyone who knows anything about it and have to now rely on automated factories to continue production (which you've just blown up many of them too, by the way)...

#240 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:06 PM

View PostAidan Kell, on 06 December 2018 - 04:33 PM, said:

So, having already pre-ordered the collector's pack for the WHM-IIC, with this give-away, and now with the new variant that's been announced, that's 6 of these mechs for me. I had zero reason to complain before (and never did), but I mot certainly cannot find fault with the dead now.

What are you calling "dead" here? It makes no sense to me. :(

~D. V. "I'm severely confused here." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users