Why Mw5 Will Be A Flop

172 replies to this topic

#161 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:44 AM

Russ mentioned it afair that they have trouble to hire People who have knowledge/experience with the Cry-Engine while it is much more common to find People who come at least with some knowledge/experience with the Unreal-Engine.

Thus it is less a matter of Engine-Quality but of Employee-Pool!

Edited by Thorqemada, 08 December 2018 - 08:44 AM.

#162 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:19 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 December 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

> Objective of mission is to save the town

> Runs through all the buildings and not a word from the game

gg ez NPC murder simulator.

Town saved!

What enemy wants a pile of smoking rubble and rotting corpses?

#163 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:25 AM

well so far of what i seen of MW5, its MWO offline and with the news of even more limited options in regards of the mechlab, its a no buy for me if it doesn't get better.

#164 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:28 AM

So I was watching this video...

And I had these comments:
"Know what I find interesting? I've been mentioning how the first and second succession wars had a complete disregard for civilians, including scenes of mech pilots that gone off the deep end to stomp on children pouring out of schools and farms because it was fun. And here we are, at a farm, with children, and mechs attacking it for very little reason. Seemingly because it might be fun. Also I've noticed mechs seem to be scaled closer to canon, far more so than ever done in MWO."
So there's some praise.

I did mention in another thread that if it isn't put in, my first mod would be to add a penalty for recklessly destroying structures important to your contractor and/or people you're supposed to be saving... as there seemed to be no Press F to Pay Respects given for destroying half the farm and their livelihood. No consequences for your complete disregard for what is around you. Destruction is great, a reason to hold back creates a solid gameplay experience... as does times when you're allowed to go hog wild to change up the formula.

And
"Side note: I think there should be more of a delay between the warning of a dropship on approach and it magically appearing 270 meters in front of you. These things travel, and your support should detect it much sooner than that. It would add a higher degree of pressure and difficulty, knowing that it's coming in X amount of time, do you pull out now or wait to engage them? Are you still engaged with an enemy force, did you resolve fight before they arrive? Can you? Or will you be fighting insurmountable odds due to not being able to clear the current enemy force before the reinforcements arrive?"

#165 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 12:30 PM

Considering the ammount of "AAA" titles comming out then gping on sale a mear 3 weeks after launch due to the shear ammount of bugs, ill wait for it to go on sale.

#166 Niko85

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:12 AM

calling it mwo offline would be an insult to mwo
srsly voice acting is not good the music gets stale really quickly it feels clunky and the destructable buildings are not even memes. the hangar is cool at first but the game feels so dead. im sad i bought it on realease, waste of effort and programming time on the dev site and waste of time and money on my side.

made me wanna play abit mwo again so thats something positive

#167 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:11 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 01 December 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Having played a few mech games over the years, namely:
Cresents Hawks Revenge, MW2, MW2:Merc, MW3, MW4:Mercs, MW4, MechCommander, MechCommander 2, MWO, plus a couple of hundred games in the BattleTech pods... and having recently reviewed video of what they actually look like versus my rose coloured memories, I am pretty happy with how MW5 looks.

I tried to replay MW4:Mercs earlier this year and realised just how 2002 it looks and feels.

MW5 is a huge leap forward from any of the above. Yeah, it isn't FarCry 5 visuals. It looked damned good for a MW game though and I am happy with that aspect. I assume the gameplay will have strong similarities to MWO, just with less nascar.

I have a HOTAS ready and waiting. I don't care that mouse and keyboard are 'better', I play with them for MWO where my team cares how I perform, but for MW5 it will be HOTAS all the way. I am super excited to get MW5.

you haven't played it yet but are already convinced it's better than any of the previous games. you have no idea what you're talking about. mw5 is the worst in the franchise, and that includes mwo. both mw4 and hbs battletech are superior games.

#168 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 28 December 2019 - 06:23 AM

View PostDakkalistic, on 27 December 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

and that includes mwo. both mw4 and hbs battletech are superior games.

So... you are comparing MW5 to an online-only PvP game and a turn based strategy.
Mkay. That's reasonable.

#169 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:41 AM

View PostTheLuc, on 08 December 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

well so far of what i seen of MW5, its MWO offline and with the news of even more limited options in regards of the mechlab, its a no buy for me if it doesn't get better.

If you are about lore discracing, full on customization and where you can spew toxic waste on newcomers, mech"dads/ moms" lurmers, snipers, bracket builders ( yeah I know they are weak, all about PPFLD!) and yell frantically that nothing you do is wrong even when you didnt bring counter to the most pathetic lurm weapons system, then MWO is the game for you! Perfect place for epeening.
Alot of great people play MWO, but I who are the average joe, neither noob, neither pro or expert lorehead cant get into it anymore. Comparing to MW5 or, hell even MW3, MW4 and MWO is total lackluster, non immersive, pin point arcade shooter with mech suits.

MW is set in an Battletech era where its MEANT to be restricted. Sure you could in THEORY customize you mechs like a madman BUT. That would take painfully long time and hazze and some things arent avaiable at all. Your mechtechs would just give up in the end. I like the restrictions.

But I do see that some mechs suffer, especially those who are designed around melee, like the Banshee 3E. Which are heavily armored and speedy but cant melee and only have 3 hardpoints.... they could stretch it and make say, the ballistic hardpoint a large one to help it withouth giving it additional hp though. And some mech variants look identical too.

It IS clear to me that MWO was just something PGI didnt reeealy want to make but they had to do something, and with the mess of being non-transparent, kinda arrogant and running to egs, it just got fuel to the fire from the most toxic P.O.S heads I have EVER seen in a video game community.

I've been and still is a die hard fan of many other franchises indie and aa, aaa. But holy moly. There needs to be a detoxication of both pgi licking folks and bile infested haters around here. Or this franchise will be eating itself from the inside-out. And THAT is just tragic.

Constructive critism of PGI nonsense is all well and good but using their faults as leverage for pure vileness, yeah. Be proud of what the shait you are, because you cant be polished either. Same counts for your white knights. I throw you in the same bucket as those who think the new SW, disney sequals respect the lore, and old canon and not ******** on fans. Munching up pop-corn action because screw things that makes sense, reason and lore. Just to spit it out a off- comparison there.

Edited by Tordin, 28 December 2019 - 10:46 AM.

#170 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 11:12 AM

@Dakkalustic

I disagree in regard to MW5 been the worst game of the franchise.
For someone who played all BattleTech universe games including MechWarrior Tactics, I think that MW5 is one of the better ones.
Sure, MW5 has weaknesses and there are better AI's in games, but in all the other MechWarrior games, the AI has actually been far more stupid and things were super easy once you wielded a Steiner Scout Lance.

I also wouldn't compare MW5 with the HBS BT, well it's okay to compare the story campaigns and BT has the better one there.
MW5 seems to be quite popular on YouTube, moreso than MWO... *shrug*

#171 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 02:18 PM

@Tristan
Maybe not the worst but the first of all MW games I lost interest to finish the campaign after maybe 30 or 40%.
And beside of all its positivs it is boring (story missions), repetitive (mission types) and annoying (endless and bugged Respawns) and counters every strategic aproach to do the missions or campaign in different ways or manners.
There are only two things that can save MW5 and give it a longer lifetime and this is extensive patching and good modders who change the complete Game.
To me this game feels simply as it was a to big project for PGI.

#172 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:41 AM

I think we all can agree that this Project was a bit too big for PGI.
But at the same time, I have accepted that right now BattleTech is a tiny niche market and no big developers are really interested in it.
That's why I was happy with the EGS money and the delay.
It helped getting this game to decent stage on release.
Obviously, the whole thing could have been handled better, but I think there have been more than enough threads on that topic.

I for one hope this game has not flopped and will go the same way as the HBS BT game, where the game kept growing into a much better game.
More Mechs and the Clans would always be more fun! :-)

#173 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:27 AM

View Postcszolee79, on 28 December 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

So... you are comparing MW5 to an online-only PvP game and a turn based strategy.
Mkay. That's reasonable.

nice snipping there, i brought up mwo only as part of the entire franchise. and yes, it is totally reasonable to compare mw5 to battletech, since apart from the actual ingame shooting, they do the same things. you manage pilots, mech your ship... hang on there isnt even ship management in mw5, and all those very similar systems are better in btech. and you glossed over mw4 entirely, which didnt even have an open star map, but still felt more alive than the empty shell that is mw5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users