Bring Back The Old Frozencity/terratherma/causticvalley/forrestcolony Maps As "frozen City Classic" Etc.

27 replies to this topic

Poll: Bring back the old FrozenCity/TerraTherma/CausticValley/ForrestColony maps as "Frozen City Classic" etc. (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Bring back the old FrozenCity/TerraTherma/CausticValley/ForrestColony maps as "Frozen City Classic" etc.

1. Yes, I want to play these maps again. The mapvote should judgde the popularity. (48 votes [94.12%])

Percentage of vote: 94.12%

2. No, I never want to see these maps again (3 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Moshi

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 11:27 PM

i do miss the old maps. i may regret it. but if they're just added to the rotation, there should be enough maps to keep everything nice and fresh

#22 cyclist1994

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

According to the roadmap

https://mwomercs.com...marz-april-mai/

Frozen City Classic and Forest Colony Classic are on the way back into the game! <3
Let's hope our best for Caustic and Terra! <3 <3

#23 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:06 AM

View Postocular tb, on 02 January 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

I'm quite happy we're getting the classic Frozen City and Forest Colony back. I would like to see the old Terra Therma as well even though I really didn't like it too much back then. I guess compared to the new one I think the old one had some things about it that I liked more. Classic Caustic would be nice to have as well. I liked that it wasn't so cluttered and didn't have the day/night cycle. Even if we don't get those two, I'll still be happy we got the old FCs back.
personally i liked the old Terra therma better that 'pug zapper' being the key component of the map I enjoyed...

View Postcyclist1994, on 25 February 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

According to the roadmap

https://mwomercs.com...marz-april-mai/

Frozen City Classic and Forest Colony Classic are on the way back into the game! <3
Let's hope our best for Caustic and Terra! <3 <3
don't see a reason for classic Caustic it's just a smaller version with less buildings...

Classic Terra is diffrent enough from it's newer version to warrant it's inclusion

Edited by KursedVixen, 03 March 2019 - 09:08 AM.

#24 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:32 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 03 March 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

personally i liked the old Terra therma better that 'pug zapper' being the key component of the map I enjoyed...

don't see a reason for classic Caustic it's just a smaller version with less buildings...

Classic Terra is diffrent enough from it's newer version to warrant it's inclusion

I liked old Therma for the outskirts around that feature, as well as all the different ways you could sneak in and out of the center, because so many people like to watch only the bridges. (I often caught people in the middle by surprise with some weapons fire from below.)

Old Caustic is a map I'd love to see back. It had less "junk" scattered all over the place (which typically doesn't even make good cover, but is great at getting stuck on), as well as I loved how that map looked overall. For some reason, the old Caustic a lot of fights tended to happened along the side hills as much as it did the middle. Now new Caustic, everyone seems to climb the center hill and that's it for the map. I use to enjoy running along the sides of the map with those steep and cover providing hills.

I don't know why, but I feel like New Caustic has less "usable" space compared to the old one, and it looks more cluttered. I liked old Caustic for it's smoother features and it seemed more usable across the whole of the map, more or less.

AKA: The two maps may be very similar, but they seem to play, feel and visually look different enough that it's inclusion back into the game may be good. I'd rather it be almost like Forest Colony Snow and normal from old... Caustic and Caustic Erupted.

#25 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:39 AM

View PostTesunie, on 03 March 2019 - 09:32 AM, said:

I liked old Therma for the outskirts around that feature, as well as all the different ways you could sneak in and out of the center, because so many people like to watch only the bridges. (I often caught people in the middle by surprise with some weapons fire from below.)

Old Caustic is a map I'd love to see back. It had less "junk" scattered all over the place (which typically doesn't even make good cover, but is great at getting stuck on), as well as I loved how that map looked overall. For some reason, the old Caustic a lot of fights tended to happened along the side hills as much as it did the middle. Now new Caustic, everyone seems to climb the center hill and that's it for the map. I use to enjoy running along the sides of the map with those steep and cover providing hills.

I don't know why, but I feel like New Caustic has less "usable" space compared to the old one, and it looks more cluttered. I liked old Caustic for it's smoother features and it seemed more usable across the whole of the map, more or less.

AKA: The two maps may be very similar, but they seem to play, feel and visually look different enough that it's inclusion back into the game may be good. I'd rather it be almost like Forest Colony Snow and normal from old... Caustic and Caustic Erupted.
Perhaps that is why i enjoy caustic the least of all the maps,because everyone only fights in that center area.....

#26 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:45 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 03 March 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

Perhaps that is why i enjoy caustic the least of all the maps,because everyone only fights in that center area.....

It use to not be that way on the old map. The old map you typically covered the hills to each side of that center, as well as the center. The new map tends to have people just rotate around like toilet bowl water when being flushed, which is what is happening to that match when the swirl starts...

I think it was where the cover was mostly found in the old map that prevented the nascar from effectively happening, and when all that debris was added to the map, it make nascar more effective than previously.

Old Caustic is one of my favorite maps. New Caustic is... only alright. I also liked Old and New Therma... so seen as those are like the most hated maps in the game I might not necessarily be right in the head... Posted Image

#27 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:02 AM

View PostTesunie, on 03 March 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

It use to not be that way on the old map. The old map you typically covered the hills to each side of that center, as well as the center. The new map tends to have people just rotate around like toilet bowl water when being flushed, which is what is happening to that match when the swirl starts...

I think it was where the cover was mostly found in the old map that prevented the nascar from effectively happening, and when all that debris was added to the map, it make nascar more effective than previously.

Old Caustic is one of my favorite maps. New Caustic is... only alright. I also liked Old and New Therma... so seen as those are like the most hated maps in the game I might not necessarily be right in the head... Posted Image
I strongly dislike new caustic(probably why i'm so adverse to it's orginal now) though New terra a bit less ,but I really prefer the old Terra the Cauldron or Pug zapper was my favorite feature, and it allowed fights in other places, my favorite times would be when fights were going on at the top of the cauldron and in the 'pot' of the volcano at the same time.

Then there was the time we had two dires stacked ontop of each other and a timberwolf ontop of the two dires XD.

Edited by KursedVixen, 03 March 2019 - 10:03 AM.

#28 cyclist1994

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

Frozen City (Classic) and Forest Colony (Classic) seems to be pretty popular!
Let's hope our best for a re-release of Terra Therma and Caustic Valley!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users