The Original Pirate Mech - Brigand Support Thread (More New Art!)

BattleMechs

107 replies to this topic

#101 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:52 PM

Well PGI if your listening Periphery Faction please If anything adding such an faction may reawaken attention to the game.

#102 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

Add a whole bunch of them: Outworlds Alliance, Taurian Concordat, Magistracy of Canopus etc. And while they're at it throw in Comstar as a playable faction too.

#103 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:10 PM

nice art... may be a hard sell in MWO because lights are hard to pilot but I would get it

#104 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 10 July 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

They announced that mech packs are not making money and that they would no longer be releasing them with the frequency they had previously. They didn't rule out but did specify that they wouldn't bother unless they felt it offered something significant to the game or really interesting.

I am sure for a ton of us a jump capable 25 ton IS mech fits that, but as I stated earlier my fear is that light mech sales are just not high enough for PGI to risk its development.

However if this is something I am completely mistaken about I would be thrilled to this mech which appears to have a few things that would be going for it and it's variants. JJ's, six energy hard points would be at the top of my list for something I'd be certain to consider fun and if they announced this mech I'd pre-order it right away.

Well technically mech packs do make money it's just they take more time than before to bring in more than they cost but the rest is on point.

View PostNightbird, on 10 July 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

nice art... may be a hard sell in MWO because lights are hard to pilot but I would get it

Yeah hopefully being a pirate mech would be enough to get more people interested.

#105 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 06:49 AM

With the Corsair in the game be also great to also have the light pirate mech along with it.

If PGI did the Brigand mech I would buy it.

#106 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostDavy J0nes, on 14 July 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

With the Corsair in the game be also great to also have the light pirate mech along with it.

If PGI did the Brigand mech I would buy it.

Haha I could imagine a bright green Brigand standing on a Corsair's shoulder like a parrot

#107 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:22 PM

I am really curious if PGI would perhaps consider doing something such as a poll with a promissory deposit to raise funds and help decide what mech pack would make sense for them to bring out. Say like ten bucks towards your pick with the option to refund if your mech choice is the one they go with.

If given a couple of solid choices that were interesting, I'd even pre-order to help development or make it worth their while to do so.

My idea is kinda messy though, but it would be great if we could do something in order to make it worth while and persuade them.

#108 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:16 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 16 July 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

I am really curious if PGI would perhaps consider doing something such as a poll with a promissory deposit to raise funds and help decide what mech pack would make sense for them to bring out. Say like ten bucks towards your pick with the option to refund if your mech choice is the one they go with.

If given a couple of solid choices that were interesting, I'd even pre-order to help development or make it worth their while to do so.

My idea is kinda messy though, but it would be great if we could do something in order to make it worth while and persuade them.

I think at most they might consider doing a poll asking about which mechs people want but it's hard to say. There's been a poll by Gas Guzzler on the forums for a while that they've clearly used to some extent but it seems even with solid poll numbers things don't always work out.

IMO that's because the community will ask for mechs that they want in game without understanding how well that mech will do in game. On top of that PGI has messed up what should of been strong mechs before and with a fair number of faithfully implemented weak mechs and general excitement is down. Then there's the seeming end of MWO in sight and yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users