#401 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:50 PM

View PostEatit, on 20 February 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

I'm not asking them to change your precious FW Q. I'm asking them to add a new solo quick play FW que.

What you are asking is for an entirely new bucket and a further splitting of the population.

Why do you think PGI went to all the effort to merge the buckets in the first place some 2 years ago? Posted Image HINT: It was due to dwindling population. Splitting it now, after a 40% drop off - will break the mode entirely. Solo need Groups, Groups need Solo. It is what you call an ecosystem, mess with it - it dies.

Your Q is dead, the derp Q is alive and kicking. Ask yourself if your play style is the most fun for the majority. I'll answer for you... nope it's not.

BTW: Tier 4 no matches on Jarl's? Why are you hiding behind an Alt?

SoloQ is not as alive as you claim. I have pointed this out a number of times. Stop being deliberately ignorant - you are wrong.

BTW: Tier 4 no matches on Jarl's? Why are you hiding behind an Alt?

LOL - Well now you're really showing your lack of understanding of the landscape.

Yondu basically only plays in Faction Play. Be that as a Solo or in a Group. No SoloQ at all, well, super rarely. One of the most active Faction Play players right now.

I mean if you knew as much about FP and everything as you claim - You'd at the least know that.

Anyway all of your stuff has been, somewhat, entertaining to read. Thankfully the queue will never be split and we won't have to worry about killing the mode off entirely as PGI understands the limitations and also shares the view that FP is a Group Oriented mode. We'll get the MM and it will alleviate some of it. Granted it'll never be perfect but it will be enough Posted Image

#402 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:04 PM

OK Ash,

I'm going to ask a simple question. What is your contention?

From what I'm seeing you are saying the FW is more viable than Solo QP. You are wrong!!!

You are saying that a modified MM is going to resurrect FW. I don't know, but I don't think so. And, you don't know either unless you can see into the future.

I'm trying very hard to give you the respect I think you deserve but it's getting harder with every post.

Why do you think solo quick play for FW is a bad idea?

You've said because it will increase wait times. I think it will decrease wait times for soloquickplayforFW. I don't care if it increases the wait time for groupFW. That mode is dead. I've waited for 45 minutes+ and never got a match. I've never waited more than a couple of minutes in soloQP and its usually just a few seconds.

What is wrong with trying to make the game more enticing to new players? Why are you holding on so tight to a mode that few people play? What is wrong with making a mode that doesn't suit your play style but may suit the play style of a larger majority?

#403 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:35 PM

View PostEatit, on 20 February 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

I'm going to ask a simple question. What is your contention?

Killing the entire mode by adding more buckets. I've been extremely clear on that.

From what I'm seeing you are saying the FW is more viable than Solo QP. You are wrong!!!

You are saying that a modified MM is going to resurrect FW. I don't know, but I don't think so. And, you don't know either unless you can see into the future.

I have never said that.

I said that it will make the overall experience better for those who make a choice to drop outside a group in a group-orientend mode.

Why do you think solo quick play for FW is a bad idea?

You've said because it will increase wait times. I think it will decrease wait times for soloquickplayforFW. I don't care if it increases the wait time for groupFW. That mode is dead. I've waited for 45 minutes+ and never got a match. I've never waited more than a couple of minutes in soloQP and its usually just a few seconds.

Well if you are waiting a few seconds to get QP. You are clearly playing in a PEAK time either NA or EU. That would also mean if you are waiting for 45mins for a FP match - you are getting skipped by groups. Groups take priority as the mode is again - group-oriented. Get in a group or be bumped.

Splitting the queue will not entice players, well it might entice some. However the larger and critically important issue is - it will kill of groups/units. Same as when Long Tom happened. The mode literally lost 1,000s of players across 100s of units in the space of 4 weeks.

This would do the same as groups won't be able to get matches because Solos fill the gaps (the entire point of the MM video).

If the queue gets split - that right there is the deathbell for FP and an entire segment of the community. All it would mean is Faction Play (without groups) has turned into into Quick Play with re-spawn. And please do not say that "It won't kill groups", I'm telling you, it will.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 20 February 2019 - 01:37 PM.

#404 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

What is wrong with trying to make the game more enticing to new players? Why are you holding on so tight to a mode that few people play? What is wrong with making a mode that doesn't suit your play style but may suit the play style of a larger majority?

I'm all for enticing new players.

What I am not for is doing so to the detriment of existing ones. Especially units which take on players, train them and similar for Faction Play. Splitting the queue, and thus meaning groups will struggle to get games (The same as GroupQ is now), will entirely destroy that part of the community.

#405 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

I'm saying I don't care if it kills groups.

Group FW is already dead due to the low population. evidence=45+minute wait time

Solo QP is the only mode that has survived. evidence=max 2 minute wait time
It is obviously the best mode in the game to the majority of players. Let's cater to the majority of players that have the larger cash pool.

If we can entice more players whether they want to play in groups or not maybe we can resurrect FW. I think that providing something they want will help your cause.

#406 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:44 PM

View PostEatit, on 20 February 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Group FW is already dead due to the low population. evidence=45+minute wait time

Ah you're playing in peak.

What that is evidence of is a lot of groups playing and you being skipped as a Solo. It's very evident that you don't understand.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 20 February 2019 - 01:44 PM.

#407 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:05 PM

I just had a great idea on how I could make this more relevant.

A restaurant owner that normally sells steak dinners that are just amazing makes a new Kangaroo sandwich as a joke. Months later that restaurant owner finds that he can't keep enough kangaroo meat in the walk-in because he's selling so many sandwiches. His steak on the other hand keeps going rotten.

Steak, mmmm mmm good = FW
Kangroo meat sandwich, omg gross = SoloQP

What should this restaurant owner do?

Promote the hell out of the kangaroo sandwich is the correct answer. Make money!!!

#408 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:41 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 20 February 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

Ah you're playing in peak. What that is evidence of is a lot of groups playing and you being skipped as a Solo. It's very evident that you don't understand.

Are you serious? You're trying to say that Faction Warfare is more populated than Solo Quick Play? That I don't understand is your contention. I have proven with evidence that I understand better than you.

You sir are delusional! Clearly you are going to defend your favorite play style to the death.

Is it that you can't admit defeat or is it that you just don't want to admit that someone else may be right? I think both, makes sense for your overly competitive nature. Good Luck Mate!

#409 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

If you queuing during prime time, it's the evidence of one side being overpopulated.

Do you know there is a FP queue counter introduced recently? Last weekend I saw several times 3x12 groups queued on one side. Guess what - if you're a solo player on the same side, you won't get any matches cause full groups take priority.

Next time, check these numbers and queue for the less populated side - and you will be getting matches within 10 minutes.

#410 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:43 PM

I'm pretty sure it's people like you that have killed your FW Q.

Ask around boy, I'm one of those players in FP that have no qualms and play with almost anybody. Anyone who asks me for an invite, in-game or on my stream, I will pick them up. Most of the EU FP players know who I am, so do some of the OC and NA players.

View PostYondu Udonta, on 20 February 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

I'd rather support units that pick up pilots interested in FP and hone their skills

Definitely trying to kill the mode.

View PostEatit, on 20 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

You learn to Aim, Walk and twist, Map locations, situational awareness, and many other things that are learned through experience. To say that it means nothing is dumb.

Maybe they just want to have fun role playing.

People don't like to play the way I do... It must be bad and they don't deserve to play.

The majority of players don't like to play the way I think they should. Even though they have a larger cash pool the company making this game should not cater to them.

Desecrate the remains of a long dead game mode? I would say that since quick play is still living it's the better game mode. PooPooing a good idea to get those new players isn't helping anyone not even you.

Map locations? You mean which is the best imaginary circle to nascar?

Role-playing in a competitive game mode. K.

Definitely drank too much water from the brown sea. Cater to the whims and fancies of the majority? That's how you get LRM buffs.

The community may not be as big as it once was, but we are keeping it alive despite the lack of effort from PGI, which I hope will change this year. You consider QP living? It's akin to prodding sheep counterclockwise around circles with an imaginary cattle prod. Absolutely mindless gameplay. Anyone looking to challenge themselves would stay way clear from QP. You are beyond delusional, even asking PGI to come and praise you. You're so lost in that dumb 'good' idea of yours it's incredible.

#411 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:31 PM

@eatit : did you remember the small advice when you open for the first time FP? If not reopen it and please read it carefully.

@ASH and Yondu : with all the respect I have to both of you, I think you are losing time to try to convince someone who is obviously blocked in his own point of view.

@eatit just to prove you are wrong about wait time, I invite you to come in a group of your primetime (I'm personally eu but some other can do it if you are NA) and I'm just going to tell you that as an eu player, I wait 5-15 in QP for a drop and 10-25 min for FP. When the match goes for 5-10 min for QP and 10-20 min for FP.

Edit : Because I don't want you to search to much for the small advertisement here it is : http://i.imgur.com/Q0lHUPb.png

Edited by KhanBhacKeD, 21 February 2019 - 01:15 AM.

#412 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:56 AM

I'm saying I don't care if it kills groups.

Thanks for being completely honest here.

Now, go away and stick to QP.

#413 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:21 AM

View PostSimulacrum, on 20 February 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

FW as it is now is dead. So FW for units is dead.Does anyone remember when your unit spontaneously gathered some ppl and had some really cool FW fights against other units, without scheduling the fights before - on one evening?

Yes, practically every evening.

View PostEatit, on 20 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

The shear ridiculousness of this post makes me want to point out the stupidity over and over again.

Ok Eatit.

I see some points in your presentation:

1. You are totally convinced of your own opinion. I dont see that you even try to overthink statements of other persons.

2. When somebody speaks against you, you are getting offensive.

3. You are making assumptions just regarding to your own personal experience. In science we call that unscientific. It is just a personal view and you cant make a general thesis from it.

4. You are acting like you speak for major parts of the community. You dont.

5. You think (one of your wrong assumptions) that the big groups like to club seals. Maybe there are some black sheeps, but the big majority (and i can say i know most of the FP players in Asian and European and many of NA prime time) are really bored of boring seal club matches. We want close fights where you can prove your skill against other good pilots.

Especially being offensive to Yondu is the pure contradiction of your presentation here.
Yondu invites literally everybody to join his FP group. He is giving advice if asked and he is leading if needed.
His efforts for FP are without doubt bigger than your's ever will be.

I played not many matches with Ash, but i know him as nice and funny person who is willed to give everybody advice and training if it is wished.
Also he went to MechCon, met with the Devs and debated about FP improvements. In every thread where people asking things about FP, you can be sure Ash is posting support. So his efforts are beyond doubts as well.

And finally you admit that you never played in groups and that you dont care if your proposal is destroying group Q in FP.
So i meet with my friends almost every day in the evening, we are friends and we enjoy our time playing together. We are all daults, some with family, most with wörk and we find a time of peace in shooting mechs together.

How the **** can you dare to take away our fun?

Yondu, Ash, me and many others are working really hard to maintain FP. I took more beginners with me than i can count. All of us are openminded to take newbies and other interested people with us, we are sharing advice, coms and carry these people that they can see the bright side of FP.

If you never took the chance of help and opportunities we are offering that it is your fault. Or maybe you just want to keep your selfish Solo-Yolo-playstyle into FP by destroying the groups which are disturbing you.

So to speak in your own words:

I fight for a living FP and guys like YOU are destroying it. And now get the **** out.

#414 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:48 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 21 February 2019 - 04:21 AM, said:

.......guys like YOU are destroying it. And now get the **** out.

Sorry to break it to you but its already destroyed

Nothing left to destroy

So it can't be that guys fault for FW being the destroyed game mode it is today

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 21 February 2019 - 07:51 AM.

#415 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:41 PM

Well true, but FW is still not so screwed up that it would be impossible to do further damage to the mode. For example, by implementing more 'QP with respawn by design' ideas.

#416 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:32 PM

Hello Bishop Six,

Welcome to the conversation. I would love to address some of your points. Thank you for providing me the opportunity.

The first point you made was to quote me without providing the context of that quote. I completely understand why you didn't want to include Yondu's post as it lends itself more to my argument than yours.

1. I am totally convinced of my own opinion. I'm open to hearing arguments and willing to change my opinion if presented with facts that warrant it. I have not heard one argument here that isn't wait times will increase for group players so solo shouldn't have their own que.
Show me any post on here that didn't use that as their justification. I think that solo players should be provided a que that they can enjoy. I'm not asking for any changes to group play.

2. You have not provided evidence of me getting offensive. Therefore your claim is hearsay and not valid.

3. I have made assumptions from my personal experience. I would need PGI to confirm player participation rates for the varying modes to be justified. I don't have that and they won't give it. I have no other option than to base it on my observations.

If you are suggesting that FW is more populated than QP then you are intentionally ignoring the truth.

4. You have not provided evidence of me speaking for the community. Therefore your claim is hearsay and not valid.

5. This is somewhat longer and you have made many points here. I'll try to address them as I can.

You started with YOU THINK. I don't recall you being in my head knowing my thoughts but since you are omniscient I probably don't need to write a reply you to. You most likely already know what I THINK.

What you said that I think is that groups like to club seals. I never said that and I don't think that is true. So much for your omniscience. I said that it happens when groups of veteran players are pitted against solos.

Do you think that when groups of veterans are pitted against solos that seal clubbing doesn't happen? I proposed a good solution to that issue.

You said that groups don't like to club seals. I agree, and I provided a solution to that problem. But now the group players say that they need the solo players to play. You can't have it both ways. You don't want to club seals but you don't want the solo players to have their own queue. I don't think I understand your argument.

I don't have an issue with Ash, we were having a reasonable debate.

I did not admit that I didn't play in groups as I have played in groups many many times. I did say that I don't care if a dead thing dies. Adding a quick play solo Q to FW isn't going to make it any more dead. It may just breathe new life into it.

You said that I want to take away the fun you and your friends have playing the game. How exactly is creating a solo quick play for FW queue taking away your fun? It doesn't have anything to do with you or your friends.

You call me selfish for wanting to create a solo que. You should look in the mirror. You don't want others to have a que because you believe that it may hurt you.<------ definition of selfish

Uh, I don't need your help. I'm very good at this game, thanks anyway.

Your last comment shows your ignorance. I'm trying to help this game not hurt it. You are trying to deny people who like to play differently from having a que. A que that could potentially drive sales and keep the servers on. Catering to the largest part of your player base is good business. Where is your proof that this incorrect?

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not going away and I'm going to continue to fight for a #soloquickplayforFW . You can ask me to leave all you like or keep trying to shout me down but I'm here to stay.

#417 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:55 PM

View PostRoland09, on 21 February 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Well true, but FW is still not so screwed up that it would be impossible to do further damage to the mode. For example, by implementing more 'QP with respawn by design' ideas.

It's refreshing that at least one of you isn't so deluded that you can't admit that FW is dead.

I'm not trying to destroy something that was destroyed long ago. You can't blame me for Long Tom, Unit Costs, E-Sport or any of the other multitude of things that destroyed FW/CW. Yeah I was here when it started and it was fun for a time, then everyone left. That's not my fault.

I'm trying to create something that might actually be fun for a portion of the community that likes to play solo quick play. They are a very large portion of the community. Which means they have a large cash pool. I would like the servers to stay on please.

Most of you don't like their play style so you think it's a bad idea. You are entitled to your opinions. Even if those opinions seem a bit entitled.

#418 MiZia

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:55 AM

View PostEatit, on 21 February 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

It's refreshing that at least one of you isn't so deluded that you can't admit that FW is dead.

I'm not trying to destroy something that was destroyed long ago. You can't blame me for Long Tom, Unit Costs, E-Sport or any of the other multitude of things that destroyed FW/CW. Yeah I was here when it started and it was fun for a time, then everyone left. That's not my fault.

I'm trying to create something that might actually be fun for a portion of the community that likes to play solo quick play. They are a very large portion of the community. Which means they have a large cash pool. I would like the servers to stay on please.

Most of you don't like their play style so you think it's a bad idea. You are entitled to your opinions. Even if those opinions seem a bit entitled.

Well since u where here for that long time u should know that there was a Solo Que for FP...but it was taken out for some odd reason... NOBODY used it.

#419 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:26 AM

Look we all say things in the heat of the moment. Maybe he means groups should die I cant say

But since thats the case of mutual hate why not give each a queue and see what happens

Build it and they will come

May the better queue win!

policing policing of course and it should be harsh
Muhahahaha

Keep swamp people hunting scum out, if a few get through better than 12
Edit: They killed their mother queue, Tragedy of the Commons swamp people don't grow on trees

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 February 2019 - 07:21 AM.

#420 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:33 AM

copy pasta
change name header to Garrison Vs Militia
and set planetary effect to false

New players dont know a bout planets
If it erkes dem they can join the big time queue
else all guid

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 February 2019 - 06:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users