Faction Play Update - Post Mechcon 2018

534 replies to this topic

#421 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:41 AM

I mean if its dead why not two dead queues as a trial?

Just saying

And very clanish trial and all

We can call it

Trial of the queues!!!!!

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 February 2019 - 06:42 AM.

#422 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:22 AM

View PostMiZia, on 22 February 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

Well since u where here for that long time u should know that there was a Solo Que for FP...but it was taken out for some odd reason... NOBODY used it.

Because their were 7 queues wid solo 14

One for each attack corridoor

spread pretty thin

DOA

Dat wize

Now we have one queue wid solo two, less spread

Should been done before we had 1024 people playing the mode

Like quick play , dont fix match maker when there are 1024 people left this time

Do eeeet before dat doh

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 February 2019 - 07:25 AM.

#423 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

Im mean its only a que

Not like they employ hamsters to run it

How much can it cost copy pasta edit (Compared to a public test one no plays)

Speaking in un clan like and mercenary wae

I know which would bring moar profit (Lerm test or happy FW customers)

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 22 February 2019 - 07:38 AM.

#424 MiZia

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 22 February 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Im mean its only a que

Not like they employ hamsters to run it

How much can it cost copy pasta edit (Compared to a public test one no plays)

Speaking in un clan like and mercenary wae

I know which would bring moar profit (Lerm test or happy FW customers)

Well w/e... but just think about... there are not much playing FP, if u split ques there would not be matches in Grp since sometimes its just hard enough getting 6-7 peeps in the grp and w/o some randoms u wont get the 12.. therefore they gotta go Solo FP too, but since they r in Voice they will just 3 2 1 click and sync togheter.
What did u achieve with the YolosoloFP que? Right, nothing.

#425 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:12 PM

View PostEatit, on 21 February 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

But now the group players say that they need the solo players to play.

The Faction Play ecosystem has always needed a mixture of the two. It is not a case of "now the groups" are saying XXX.

I proposed a good solution to that issue.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not going away and I'm going to continue to fight for a #soloquickplayforFW

What you proposed would have a more disatrous affect that you seem to willing understand/accept. It will kill off units and group option. That will have a negative affect on the overall MWO population. The same as Long Tom caused a max exodus - making FP solo only (which is what your suggestion will essentially mean - will do the same thing. Again as I said earlier - none of this will happen from PGIs end. The only disappointment is going to be yours really.

Uh, I don't need your help. I'm very good at this game, thanks anyway.

Well in the 4-5 games or whatever I saw you in last night. There was only one game you did more than 150 damage in if memory serves correct. So I would perhaps say that statement is somewhat, inaccurate. That's being generous too.

I have made assumptions from my personal experience.
'

This statement interested me. So last night I had a bit of a look. Your personal "experience" - which is very misleading - as going off the leaderboard in Faction Play amounts to 12 games in 16 months+. I would not really call that a wide ranging experience of the current FP landscape. I would say that means your experience is basically non-existent.

Before you reply back with the time old line of "I don't play the mode because of the Stomps or Groups rolling", you have not played enough games to make that statement. I Solo a bit, I've had many solo v solo matches and are STILL stomps becuase all it takes is 2 good solo'ers on a side to totally dominate a match. Even against teams of 8mans, 2-3 good soloers will dominate. Done that plenty... All of this will be augmented and helped by the Match Maker that is coming.

How do I know all this? I actually play the mode. I see what happens. What I don't do however is play less than 1 game a month and then claim I understand everything. Which is exactly what you are doing here.

#426 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

View PostMiZia, on 22 February 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Well w/e... but just think about... there are not much playing FP, if u split ques there would not be matches in Grp since sometimes its just hard enough getting 6-7 peeps in the grp and w/o some randoms u wont get the 12.. therefore they gotta go Solo FP too, but since they r in Voice they will just 3 2 1 click and sync togheter.
What did u achieve with the YolosoloFP que? Right, nothing.

It's amazing how this isnt obvious to people. With the ability to pick one of two sides of the conflict you can basically guarantee sync dropping with your buddies on the same team. Groups would que in group for about 5 minutes and if they won't find a drop they'll instantly switch to solo sync dropping, and we'd be exactly where we started

#427 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:28 AM

View PostEatit, on 19 February 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

I think there should be a Solo FW bucket. Similar to Solo Quick Play.
They tried that several years ago. It effectively killed FP... even with a higher population playing.

View PostEatit, on 19 February 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

OK, I watched that and match 4 looked like some serious seal clubbing to me. That was the match where it pitted 1x 8 man and 2x 2 man against solo's. How exactly will that fix anything?
The purpose of the matchmaker update is to minimize the frequency of such situations, completely eradicating them is not possible unless you had a substantially higher population to work with (which you don't). Edge cases are not proof of the system's failure so stop taking them for such.

View PostEatit, on 19 February 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

I would venture a guess that the team players don't like my idea because it would remove most of the solo players from their Q. Making wait times in FW even longer. I get that. But, I'm not here to save some dead Q that should be buried and mourned. I'm not asking them to remove group play I'm asking them to add to solo play. Solo play that will allow solo players to enjoy FW without being farmed.
Oh sweet summer child... all that your change would achieve is that units would sync drop in the solo FP queue.

Making a new mode where new players aren't going to be farmed

Stab a cash tap into the players that just want to shoot stompy mechs. Give them a new mode where they can thrive and spend money.
They did. That was Solaris. Where is it now?

View PostEatit, on 20 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

More like keeping them inside the bubble thinking that their bracket builds are viable.
Maybe they don't care if their bracket build is viable.
If they don't care if their bracket build is viable, they don't have a reason to complain when it's not.

letting potatoes run around treating it as QP with respawn.
People don't like to play the way I do... It must be bad and they don't deserve to play.
People are just too lazy to learn how to play well in a team-based mode.
The majority of players don't like to play the way I think they should. Even though they have a larger cash pool the company making this game should not cater to them.
FP was first and foremost meant to be a mode oriented for teamwork. All your "suggestions" aim for is isolating the potentially interested population from the teamwork-oriented portion of FP.

View PostEatit, on 20 February 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

Are you serious? You're trying to say that Faction Warfare is more populated than Solo Quick Play?
No, he's saying that there are more groups playing FP than you assumed based on your limited experience and that your claim of FP being "dead" based on queue times as a solo is fundamentally flawed by your lack of experience with group FP.

2. You have not provided evidence of me getting offensive. Therefore your claim is hearsay and not valid.

4. You have not provided evidence of me speaking for the community. Therefore your claim is hearsay and not valid.
Your posts are his evidence. No more is needed.

If you are suggesting that FW is more populated than QP then you are intentionally ignoring the truth.
Nobody is. You keep deliberately misinterpreting their points to build a strawman.

You said that groups don't like to club seals. I agree, and I provided a solution to that problem. But now the group players say that they need the solo players to play. You can't have it both ways. You don't want to club seals but you don't want the solo players to have their own queue. I don't think I understand your argument.
The matchmaker update is meant to partially address that point - the best solo players will be used to fill the open spots first. Thus, once all is said and done the worst-performing solos are going to be left playing against other trash tier players / groups without a need to split the queue.

You call me selfish for wanting to create a solo que. You should look in the mirror. You don't want others to have a que because you believe that it may hurt you.<------ definition of selfish
He calls you selfish for advocating for changes without considering the damage they'd cause, yes.

Edited by Horseman, 23 February 2019 - 09:06 AM.

#428 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:35 AM

[Redacted]

That last part about I don't play the mode so I don't know. I don't play the mode for the same reason all your friends left the game... it isn't fun.

Edited by Tina Benoit, 04 March 2019 - 02:12 PM.
nonconstructive

#429 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:17 AM

Horseman,

Welcome to the conversation. [Redacted]

You say solo FW killed FW. Everyone here knows that's not true. Lie on your first point.

If solo against group is an edge case why are you so concerned? You must play more frequently only against groups. That would mean if the solo's left it wouldn't really be an issue.

Oh sweet summer child, I love that can I use it?
Let's see the claim you made was that they would sync drop. Even though it violates these two lines in the COC? You suggest that top tier players would cheat in the solo que even though they have a group que to play in. That's not a very nice thing to say about your friends. It could get you banned for naming and shaming.
  • Exploiting game bugs or mechanics to gain any unfair advantages or benefits, either for yourself, your teammates, or players on the opposing team.
  • Exploiting or manipulating the matchmaking system.
Oh Sweet summer child.

Solaris was for the e-sport t/cryhard crowd not for soloquickplay players. [Redacted]

Not sure what your're going on about here. Soloquickplay requires teamwork to win. I see it all the time. Just because they aren't playing with a static team doesn't mean they aren't playing as a team.

Your claim here is that FW isn't dead. I disagree.

You quoted his post as evidence without providing evidence. Hearsay, Invalid

So you agree that the larger portion of the player base plays soloquickplay. Then you must agree that making a mode for them would entice them to spend more money. Thank you for helping me prove my point.

The Match Maker change is going to pit grouped veteran players against solos period. That will result in seal clubbing and driving more players away from the game period.

I have considered what may be caused and I think the outcome would be different than you or he thinks. That doesn't make me selfish. It just means I don't agree with you.

Thank you for your comments [Redacted]

#430 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:33 AM

Sorry Hazeclaw I didn't see your post lodged in there between those walls of text.

What you are suggesting is that top tier players will violate the Code of Conduct. That's not a very nice thing to say about them.

Excerpt from the COC that covers this issue.
  • Exploiting game bugs or mechanics to gain any unfair advantages or benefits, either for yourself, your teammates, or players on the opposing team.
  • Exploiting or manipulating the matchmaking system.

Giving the largest portion of your player base a soloquickplayforFW mode may drive mech pack and drop deck sales. It may also revitalize group FW. Seems like a sound business decision.

#soloquickplayforFW

#431 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:51 AM

In your view, several players (from the same unit or not), communicating with each other and clicking the 'play QPFW now! Yay!!11!' button at (nearly) the same time... that would constitute an exploit?

#432 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:27 AM

Might it be that you were soloing in FW, the team-oriented game mode, mind you? Did you get your a$$ handed to you by more organized opponents, and now you wish to avoid the spectacle by making teamwork an 'exploit'?

#433 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

View PostRoland09, on 23 February 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Might it be that you were soloing in FW, the team-oriented game mode, mind you? Did you get your a$$ handed to you by more organized opponents, and now you wish to avoid the spectacle by making teamwork an 'exploit'?

I didn't make it an exploit, as I didn't write the Code of Conduct. PGI wrote the code of conduct and they consider it an exploit.

I've had my A$$ handed to me many times in soloquickplay but that doesn't make it any less fun. FW is boring because it has a very long wait time for very little reward.

These boring debates with less skilled opponents remind me of Faction Warfare. BORING!

#soloquickplayforFW Tweet it to Russ!!!!

Edited by Eatit, 23 February 2019 - 11:35 AM.

#434 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:09 PM

Well, I cannot help but notice that your skills at debate so far seem to have failed to convince anybody else in this thread.

Let's not evade here: You are the one who is dreaming up the game mode. You are the one who would consider any semblance of organization, even as low-key as getting on comms and lauching into the queue within the span of the same minute, as an exploit. That's none of Rust Bollock's fault, and I say that as probably the last person to white-knight for him.

Teamwork really is your problem, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm really glad you like QP so much. Why don't you leave the team-oriented mode to the team players? I seem to remember I have made a suggestion to that effect before. Not worthy of a reply, considering your vaunted skills at debate?

#435 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:48 PM

View PostEatit, on 23 February 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Your shouting of lies and misinterpretations isn't working.
Drop the accusatory tone.

You say solo FW killed FW. Everyone here knows that's not true. Lie on your first point.
No, I'm saying that when PGI attempted the group/solo queue separation several years ago, the result was that ******* nobody could get a match. PGI backpedaled on that change rather quickly.

If solo against group is an edge case why are you so concerned?
You were - and still are - the one claiming to be concerned about it. I neither am, nor claim to be concerned.

Let's see the claim you made was that they would sync drop. Even though it violates these two lines in the COC? You suggest that top tier players would cheat in the solo que even though they have a group que to play in.
And again you're missing the point...
1. Group players are not top players by default. Any two Tier 5 scrubs who struggle to break double-digit damage with an Assault mech? If they're grouped together, they are treated as a group. It doesn't magically increase their competence.
2. The reason unit members would end up going into the "solo" queue is be that this was what happened last time PGI tried to split FP between group and solo.

That's not a very nice thing to say about your friends. It could get you banned for naming and shaming.
Tch. I haven't violated the name and shame policy.
However, the moment you claimed the players in question were part of my social circles? You did violate the policy.

Solaris was for the e-sport t/cryhard crowd not for soloquickplay players.
The bulk of players I've seen demanding Solaris - and hyping about it when it was announced - were not part of the tryhard crowd. In fact, quite the opposite.

Not sure what your're going on about here. Soloquickplay requires teamwork to win. I see it all the time. Just because they aren't playing with a static team doesn't mean they aren't playing as a team.
Yet it seems you haven't seen FP pugs who couldn't figure out how to open gates on Siege, pugs who didn't understand not to reinforce (leaving the rest of their team to play 11 v 12 for waves 3 and 4... sometimes even wave 2)... or pugs who got their **** together because they listened to a small group on their side trying to coordinate the drop.

Your claim here is that FW isn't dead. I disagree.
As numerous playes have pointed out, you're on record with a whole 12 FP matches since last leaderboard reset - which was, what, a year ago? - meaning that you simply do not queue for FP often enough for your assertions to be grounded in a meaningful experience with the mode and its' playerbase.

You quoted his post as evidence without providing evidence.
Your posts are the evidence of your behavior and attitude, self-evident to anyone who reads them. No further evidence is necessary.

So you agree that the larger portion of the player base plays soloquickplay. Then you must agree that making a mode for them would entice them to spend more money.
No, it wouldn't - they already have quickplay and little inclination to play anything else.

The Match Maker change is going to pit grouped veteran players against solos period. That will result in seal clubbing and driving more players away from the game period.
You're missing the point - the matchmaker change is going to prioritize higher-ranked solos when filling teams. It may not eliminate clubbing, but it will sure as hell reduce it.

I have considered what may be caused and I think the outcome would be different than you or he thinks.
You haven't considered it enough. The reason we know what to expect is that we've seen it happen here before.

View PostEatit, on 23 February 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

I'm only replying to comments directed at me.
Protip: explore the use of multiquote - it lets you reply to multiple posts in a single response and even quote specifically the fragments you're addressing.

Edited by Horseman, 23 February 2019 - 03:54 PM.

#436 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

View PostRoland09, on 23 February 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Well, I cannot help but notice that your skills at debate so far seem to have failed to convince anybody else in this thread.

Let's not evade here: You are the one who is dreaming up the game mode. You are the one who would consider any semblance of organization, even as low-key as getting on comms and lauching into the queue within the span of the same minute, as an exploit. That's none of Rust Bollock's fault, and I say that as probably the last person to white-knight for him.

Teamwork really is your problem, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm really glad you like QP so much. Why don't you leave the team-oriented mode to the team players? I seem to remember I have made a suggestion to that effect before. Not worthy of a reply, considering your vaunted skills at debate?

Hi again Roland,

You are putting words in my mouth that I haven't spoken. I said that sync dropping is an exploit that is covered by the COC and nothing more on that topic. You have added a lot that I didn't write. If you can prove that I wrote any of that link it in.

How exactly is me asking to add a solo que to FW messing with the qroup que? Please explain, I'm all ears.

Thank you for playing, you lose again.

#437 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:19 AM

View PostEatit, on 23 February 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

Ash,

[redacted]

Lies won't help you.

That last part about I don't play the mode so I don't know. I don't play the mode for the same reason all your friends left the game... it isn't fun.

So another person going to attempt to say I am lying yet I have the screenshots to prove it.

Seems by the fact you just went into total deflection mode you've got no argument to stand on anymore. Having played a grand total of 12 games in 16 months, that comes as no surprise. Many peoples "arguments" tend to crumble when the facts creep in.

Edited by Tina Benoit, 04 March 2019 - 02:42 PM.

#438 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:50 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 December 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

• Faction Play Update

- The Faction Play Update will be released with major changes to how Faction Play is activated and how the match maker will work. Additional items will be detailed as they come on line in the interim.

Hello Paul. <S>
Can you please take a few minutes to give us a correlation for the updates in this forum to the recently posted roadmap?

How much of this is going to make it into April's part of the roadmap? Oranges indicators above possibly?

Here is an idea for project that will use existing infrastructure and help with grouping up.
How about our current chat system (that has each area in its own tab) with a way to post links to private rooms, Faction, Comp or Quick-play groups? Kind of like LFG in reverse.
The players have a direct way to join a match type of their choice from a link or equally functional doorway to games in each appropriate tab.
Edit: Note: The link would only work in the tab for the corresponding game type. Maybe the room or game host can hit "advertise in chat" button.

We used to be able to advertise games to gather up players back in the day. I really miss that functionality. Posted Imagenot a game spammer

Edited by Deathshade, 24 February 2019 - 08:00 AM.

#439 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

I had another great idea for PGI though so I'll post that up here too.

Do a Cost analysis of the servers and connections by region. Then do a Revenue analysis generated from each region.

Determine if the revenue generated from a given region warrants keeping the servers and connections for that region on. If not you should turn them off. That may potentially keep the servers in the more relevant regions on for longer.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 24 February 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

So another person going to attempt to say I am lying yet I have the screenshots to prove it.

Seems by the fact you just went into total deflection mode you've got no argument to stand on anymore. Having played a grand total of 12 games in 16 months, that comes as no surprise. Many peoples "arguments" tend to crumble when the facts creep in.

Prove it! Show my Jarl's stats to prove I'm a bad player. Oh you didn't want to include that as I'm 90% on there. You love to show Jarl's for anyone else that isn't that high but here you avoid it. Why is that? If it doesn't fit your narrative then it shouldn't be considered I guess.

It won't matter anyway because the quality of my play has absolutely nothing to do with the Topic. It's just you trying to stat shame because you don't have a valid argument.

Edited by Eatit, 24 February 2019 - 08:54 AM.

#440 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 February 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

Prove it! Show my Jarl's stats to prove I'm a bad player. Oh you didn't want to include that as I'm 90% on there. You love to show Jarl's for anyone else that isn't that high but here you avoid it. Why is that? If it doesn't fit your narrative then it shouldn't be considered I guess.

Less than 1 K/D = Bad or at least not good IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users