#441 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

View PostEatit, on 24 February 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

Prove it! Show my Jarl's stats to prove I'm a bad player. Oh you didn't want to include that as I'm 90% on there. You love to show Jarl's for anyone else that isn't that high but here you avoid it. Why is that? If it doesn't fit your narrative then it shouldn't be considered I guess.

It won't matter anyway because the quality of my play has absolutely nothing to do with the Topic. It's just you trying to stat shame because you don't have a valid argument.

I'd gladly link the S/S' - but a certain mod has a hard-on for me and will come at me for name/shame. I mean if anyone wants to see it - it's on my stream, it was all recorded ;)

Anyone half decent can get to 90% playing with one hand. I would not call that an achivement in todays climate. Get to 99.5% and then come back and tell me you're "good".

Quality of play is one thing. Regularity of play is another. You don't play FP. Yet come here claiming to understand it, know how to fix it because you understand the issues etc. The reality is you don't play the mode and really don't have any idea what you're talking about. You just wanna turn FP into QP with Respawns (yawn).

It's become more and more evident in the last 3 pages you're not talking from any level of experience within the Faction Play mode. Just making stuff up to justify your position which comes from no experience or understanding. No wonder your "statements" are easily refuted.

Play the mode, regularly, then come back and tell everyone what's wrong with it.

#442 MiZia

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 24 February 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

I'd gladly link the S/S' - but a certain mod has a hard-on for me and will come at me for name/shame. I mean if anyone wants to see it - it's on my stream, it was all recorded Posted Image

Anyone half decent can get to 90% playing with one hand. I would not call that an achivement in todays climate. Get to 99.5% and then come back and tell me you're "good".

Quality of play is one thing. Regularity of play is another. You don't play FP. Yet come here claiming to understand it, know how to fix it because you understand the issues etc. The reality is you don't play the mode and really don't have any idea what you're talking about. You just wanna turn FP into QP with Respawns (yawn).

It's become more and more evident in the last 3 pages you're not talking from any level of experience within the Faction Play mode. Just making stuff up to justify your position which comes from no experience or understanding. No wonder your "statements" are easily refuted.

Play the mode, regularly, then come back and tell everyone what's wrong with it.

Well ASH even that is only half way accurate.
Cause if im willing too i could acieve 99.8 and even that would not make me a good shot. Its just Stats padding.
What is clearly True is u got to do enough drops in a mode to be reialiable. Then the 99.5% plays also a role :P

#443 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

Ash,

Better than 90 out of 100 people that play the game and that's not good huh. In school 90% gets you an A or 4.0 the highest grade achievable. But like I said since that doesn't fit your narrative then it's not good enough.

The more you deflect from the topic the more it shows that you don't have an actual argument. The only real argument you have provided is that creating a solo quick play for FW queue will make Group FW wait times longer.

There is not one other point of substance that you or any of the others has provided.

I say create soloquickplayforFW queue as quickly as possible. You all know what's going to happen when MW5 drops.

PGI, do the cost/revenue by region analysis and conserve what money there is for prolonged server life.

#soloquickplayforFW Tweet that to Russ and Paul if you want solo quick play with respawns.

#444 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

There is more than 90 out of 100 that play. That is yet another incorrect piece you've posted.

Saying I'm deflecting? lol, I've provided proof - numbers and a detailed history of what's occurred and also shown you've got no experience about what you're preaching. You are the one deflecting here.

The key issue of destroying Group wait times. And thus the onflow affect of destroying units and friend groups that play it will have the same affect as Long Tom. It is not just a "groups will wait", the issue is far far larger than what you seem to be able to comprehend. Actually you probably do comprehend you're just being purposefully ignorant now.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 24 February 2019 - 05:28 PM.

#445 Ghastly

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:05 PM

View PostEatit, on 24 February 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

The only real argument you have provided is that creating a solo quick play for FW queue will make Group FW wait times longer.

There is not one other point of substance that you or any of the others has provided.
You also seemed to completely disregard that point. But wait times will be so bad that FW teams will just sync-drop together in solo FW queue rather than drop as a group. Because it's IS vs Clan, it'll guarantee that they get on the same team anyway.

#446 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:07 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 24 February 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

Hello Paul. <S>
Can you please take a few minutes to give us a correlation for the updates in this forum to the recently posted roadmap?

How much of this is going to make it into April's part of the roadmap? Oranges indicators above possibly?

Here is an idea for project that will use existing infrastructure and help with grouping up.
How about our current chat system (that has each area in its own tab) with a way to post links to private rooms, Faction, Comp or Quick-play groups? Kind of like LFG in reverse.
The players have a direct way to join a match type of their choice from a link or equally functional doorway to games in each appropriate tab.
Edit: Note: The link would only work in the tab for the corresponding game type. Maybe the room or game host can hit "advertise in chat" button.

We used to be able to advertise games to gather up players back in the day. I really miss that functionality. Posted Imagenot a game spammer

I had the same question in mind when I read the road map notes. There's a lot of detail on all other aspects then you get to the FW section and it's vague at best my concern with the lack of commitment being shown is come April patch we wil get sweet FA. Nothing but minor low hanging fruit.

#447 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:02 AM

April/may is tukayid event period no?

#448 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:06 AM

View PostGhastly, on 24 February 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

You also seemed to completely disregard that point. But wait times will be so bad that FW teams will just sync-drop together in solo FW queue rather than drop as a group. Because it's IS vs Clan, it'll guarantee that they get on the same team anyway.

We covered this already Ghastly. Sync dropping in a solo que violates the Code of Conduct.

Excerpt from the COC that covers this issue.
  • Exploiting game bugs or mechanics to gain any unfair advantages or benefits, either for yourself, your teammates, or players on the opposing team.
  • Exploiting or manipulating the matchmaking system.

Giving the largest portion of your player base a soloquickplayforFW mode may drive mech pack and drop deck sales. It may also revitalize group FW. Seems like a sound business decision.

#soloquickplayforFW

#449 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 07:09 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 24 February 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

There is more than 90 out of 100 that play. That is yet another incorrect piece you've posted.

Ash,

Let me help you. This is how percentages work. If I'm 90% on Jarl's that means I'm better than 90 out of 100 people that play. It doesn't mean that only 100 people play.

Let's say there are 1,000,000 people that play. Then I'm better than 900,000 of those people.

OK I took the time to find out how many exactly Jarl's thinks play. That number is 40,873 as of this writing. That means I'm better than 36,850 of those people. In other words I'm in the top 10% of people that play this game. Meaning I'm pretty good. I'm far from the best but I'm 9 times farther from the worst.

Edited by Eatit, 25 February 2019 - 07:47 AM.

#450 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

View PostEatit, on 24 February 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

I had another great idea for PGI though so I'll post that up here too.

Do a Cost analysis of the servers and connections by region. Then do a Revenue analysis generated from each region.

Determine if the revenue generated from a given region warrants keeping the servers and connections for that region on. If not you should turn them off. That may potentially keep the servers in the more relevant regions on for longer.

You may not be aware of it (given your rather limited experience with FP), but FP is run exclusivley on the NA servers already. There is no FP on European or Oceanic servers.

#451 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

View PostEatit, on 25 February 2019 - 07:06 AM, said:

We covered this already Ghastly. Sync dropping in a solo que violates the Code of Conduct.

Excerpt from the COC that covers this issue.
  • Exploiting game bugs or mechanics to gain any unfair advantages or benefits, either for yourself, your teammates, or players on the opposing team.
  • Exploiting or manipulating the matchmaking system.

Actually, no. We didn't cover this already.

You did claim before that sync dropping was a violation of the CoC, but your quote from the CoC does not refer to sync dropping.

In support of my thesis that 'sync dropping' is actually not a violation of CoC, I will point out that PGI has never handed out sanctions in this regard before.

Prove me wrong if you can, or at least bring some support for your claims. Thank you in advance.

#452 MiZia

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:07 PM

View PostEatit, on 25 February 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

Ash,

Let me help you. This is how percentages work. If I'm 90% on Jarl's that means I'm better than 90 out of 100 people that play. It doesn't mean that only 100 people play.

Let's say there are 1,000,000 people that play. Then I'm better than 900,000 of those people.

OK I took the time to find out how many exactly Jarl's thinks play. That number is 40,873 as of this writing. That means I'm better than 36,850 of those people. In other words I'm in the top 10% of people that play this game. Meaning I'm pretty good. I'm far from the best but I'm 9 times farther from the worst.

View PostEatit, on 25 February 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

Ash,

Well lemme do a example....my 10 y old daughter made it to 90 percentile, w/o any pvp game experience. Well mwo was her first game ever... so that u can have a global picture of how the skill of the general population is.
Yes u r better than 90% but its the last % that separates the average from the good (and very good).

#453 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:27 PM

View PostEatit, on 25 February 2019 - 07:06 AM, said:

Nothing you quoted there related to Sync Dropping. Wanna try again?

PGI staffers and people on the payroll regularly sync drop - while streaming.
Are you at any point going to bring up something that shows you actually understand whats going on right now in the game? All you do is keep talking about points you very obviously do not understand/know anything about.

#454 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:37 PM

View PostKhanBhacKeD, on 25 February 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

April/may is tukayid event period no?

They missed the last one so probably not on their high priority list for events. I think there has been a total of two Tukayyid events total or am I wrong?

#455 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:49 PM

View PostDeathshade, on 25 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

They missed the last one so probably not on their high priority list for events. I think there has been a total of two Tukayyid events total or am I wrong?

Three times.

#456 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:27 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 25 February 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

Three times.

Was that the last time? I had thought they just skipped it.

#457 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Man I started playing MWO after the last Tukayyid event and I play a lot of FW. I'd lave to do a Tukayyid event. The most fun I had in game were the battles for Tharkad and Luthien. Those events and the IS v IS and Clan V Clan were great.

#458 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:49 PM

I have to check in game but spring 2017 was the last one, and people were complaining that is was done twice before.

IS won the first time and clan won the next two.

#459 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

IIRC, IS never won a Tukayyid event.

However, the glorious DCMS, led by Dear Coordinator himself, did defend Luthien from the Clan rabble.

#460 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 25 February 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

I have to check in game but spring 2017 was the last one, and people were complaining that is was done twice before.

IS won the first time and clan won the next two.

We (IS) won but it broke at the end. Inner Sphere was never meant to win. If anything, it should have been a really close ending but that is hard to control with code. Clan tech is supposed to be superior. The clanners are supposed to live and breathe war. There is no defeating that. Just take your hits and steal their tech later on. ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users