Whoa.

#3 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:21 PM

Deep Six: "Damage a target and get away without being hit 6 times" How is the game tracking this? Is it fully not getting hit at all . . . and if that's the case in what timeframe and by just the person you hit, or anyone returning fire? Is it just a different way of saying the "hit and run" award (wherein you can take damage, but have to take less than 10 points within the ~5 seconds of doing damage)?

This one seems a little ambiguous, and difficult to track.

Edited by Sereglach, 06 December 2018 - 12:22 PM.

#4 Myj

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:22 PM

View PostSereglach, on 06 December 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

Deep Six: "Damage a target and get away without being hit 6 times" How is the game tracking this? Is it fully not getting hit at all . . . and if that's the case in what timeframe and by just the person you hit, or anyone returning fire? Is it just a different way of saying the "hit and run" award?

I assume it's just a "hit and run." Probably just "perform 6 hit and runs" is my guess.

#5 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:25 PM

View PostMyj, on 06 December 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

I assume it's just a "hit and run." Probably just "perform 6 hit and runs" is my guess.

That's what I'm figuring, as well, but clarification would be nice. Normally they just say the specific in-game award you're going for.

#6 TheBossOfYou

• PipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:25 PM

Deep Six: "Damage a target and get away without being hit 6 times" How is the game tracking this? Is it fully not getting hit at all . . . and if that's the case in what timeframe and by just the person you hit, or anyone returning fire? Is it just a different way of saying the "hit and run" award (wherein you can take damage, but have to take less than 10 points within the ~5 seconds of doing damage)?

It wouldn't be the first time the text on a challenge was worded in a specific way, but the actual thing tracked was an existing award(which was different from the wording)

#7 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:32 PM

Do at least 10 damage to a target and get away without getting hit for 30 seconds - 6 times

#8 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:34 PM

This looks like a whole lot of 'just play' challenges as they seem too convoluted in some cases to chase after intentionally - especially the savior kills.

#9 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:48 PM

View PostMyj, on 06 December 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

View PostGrimmwold, on 06 December 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

It wouldn't be the first time the text on a challenge was worded in a specific way, but the actual thing tracked was an existing award(which was different from the wording)

I can confirm now that it is "hit-and-run" awards. First match, 1 "hit and run", 1 point of credit towards the challenge; and I was grazed while fleeing that hit-and-run attack.

#10 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:51 PM

@Mr. Matt Newman --- Nice punchline with the snow-buried WarHammer IIC there! I would say it PERFECTLY jabs Russ and all your other fellow Staff for overworking you so hard. :D

By the way, PLEASE make the Next Set Of Advent Dailies into a Solid Pack like this. Having time to jump back and forth to finish them is HIGHLY APPRECIATED, and extremely enjoyable! :)

@Everyone Else --- I can easily bet you before these are done, someone will complain about the lack of a WarHorn in the mix of these. I just feel it coming... :P

EDIT :: By the way, is it just me, or was any ahead-of-time alert about this coming just a little too buried? Argh... I bet somebody didn't read some posts that I left for them in other threads. *sigh* :(

~D. V. "Now excuse me... I've gotta go catch up! I'm late! I'm late!" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 06 December 2018 - 12:55 PM.

#11 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:58 PM

Deep Six: "Damage a target and get away without being hit 6 times" How is the game tracking this? Is it fully not getting hit at all . . . and if that's the case in what timeframe and by just the person you hit, or anyone returning fire? Is it just a different way of saying the "hit and run" award (wherein you can take damage, but have to take less than 10 points within the ~5 seconds of doing damage)? This one seems a little ambiguous, and difficult to track.

Description Updated to "Earn Hit and Run 6 times"

#12 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:59 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 December 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Description Updated to "Earn Hit and Run 6 times"

Thank you kindly, good sir.

#13 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 December 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

@Mr. Matt Newman --- Nice punchline with the snow-buried WarHammer IIC there! I would say it PERFECTLY jabs Russ and all your other fellow Staff for overworking you so hard. :D By the way, PLEASE make the Next Set Of Advent Dailies into a Solid Pack like this. Having time to jump back and forth to finish them is HIGHLY APPRECIATED, and extremely enjoyable! :) @Everyone Else --- I can easily bet you before these are done, someone will complain about the lack of a WarHorn in the mix of these. I just feel it coming... :P EDIT :: By the way, is it just me, or was any ahead-of-time alert about this coming just a little too buried? Argh... I bet somebody didn't read some posts that I left for them in other threads. *sigh* :( ~D. V. "Now excuse me... I've gotta go catch up! I'm late! I'm late!" Devnull

No jabs intended everyone here at Piranha works very hard my work just happens to be more forward facing.

I can do the next Advent set in a series of packs as well.

I will be posting updates today.
  • Warhammer IIC Re-Pre-Order and The Later early adopters Extention and Additional Variant
  • Countdown to Charger and Hatamoto Chi
  • The next phase of the mech Sale I promised
I will be posting the details about the following after the patch on Dec 11th
  • Advent Event Phase 2 (and 3?)
  • Charger and Hatamoto Chi Event
  • Holiday Bonus Event
  • Stocking Stuffer Event and Details
  • Also, the Holiday Sales will be planned posted as relevant

Yeah, there wasn't much advance warning but I think the challenges should be doable in the time allotted.
I could have done the advance warning today and just started the event tomorrow...
but that would have been less time...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers!
Matt

#14 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:15 PM

Christmas bell warhorn going to be in the advent thingy ?

#15 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:18 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 06 December 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yes and a bunch of new decals we made for the holidays :)
With Phase 1 (being kinda late and hastily put together TBH) I focused on Older holiday content.

#16 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:55 PM

On the last event. We have to get "111 kill assists"? Is this a typo Matt Newman?

Edited by GamerPro4000, 06 December 2018 - 01:56 PM.

#17 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:27 PM

Hello again, everyone. Hey, new posts! Okay, time for me to 'Gift Pack' some replies! (Yes, pun intended) B)

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 December 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

I can do the next Advent set in a series of packs as well.

Cool... I'll look very much forward to it! :)

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 December 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Yeah, there wasn't much advance warning but I think the challenges should be doable in the time allotted.
I could have done the advance warning today and just started the event tomorrow...
but that would have been less time...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers!
Matt

Understood on your being short on time there... No worries... I'm very thankful to have the additional day of time, and think you set this one's duration up perfectly. ^_^

View PostDee Eight, on 06 December 2018 - 01:15 PM, said:

Hah! I saw you coming way too early on! Like I said before...

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 December 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

@Everyone Else --- I can easily bet you before these are done, someone will complain about the lack of a WarHorn in the mix of these. I just feel it coming... Posted Image

...and you fell right into it. Thank you for helping me win my bet. LOL!!! :lol:

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 December 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

Yes and a bunch of new decals we made for the holidays Posted Image
With Phase 1 (being kinda late and hastily put together TBH) I focused on Older holiday content.

I'll be watching for -- and looking forward to -- those Decals (and all the other Event things) when they do arrive. :D

View PostGamerPro4000, on 06 December 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

On the last event. We have to get "111 kill assists"? Is this a typo Matt Newman?

I think that our friendly Matt Newman will agree with my saying that's NOT a typo. Don't worry, you'll get those easily through normal gameplay... Unless you're trying too much to land Killing Blows. :P

Now pardon me, everyone... I hear my Dropship calling me. HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!! ;)

~D. V. "How can I fail to feel the Holiday Cheer here? Let's have fun and enjoy, folks!" Devnull

#18 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:35 PM

Dumb Question(s) Time -
TSP still gives the 10% cbills and xp until the end of the year, correct?
TSP no longer provides an additional 250,000 cbills, correct?
TSP 2019 starts on Jan 1st, right? *hint hint*

#19 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

well in the span of 8 games where I lost all faith in humanity I got pretty much all the easy ones done with out trying. Except for hit and run, which I got a whopping 0 of cause the mech I was using. Missed the savior kill one by 1 , oddly enough I got 3 savior kill credits for 1 kill, guess assists count.

Got 23/111 of the kill assists, and somewhere over 2k towards the 8k damage done one.

#20 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 06 December 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

well in the span of 8 games where I lost all faith in humanity I got pretty much all the easy ones done with out trying. Except for hit and run, which I got a whopping 0 of cause the mech I was using. Missed the savior kill one by 1 , oddly enough I got 3 savior kill credits for 1 kill, guess assists count. Got 23/111 of the kill assists, and somewhere over 2k towards the 8k damage done one.

WHOA SLOW DOWN!

(reconsiders doing days as Phases)

View PostMikayshen, on 06 December 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

Dumb Question(s) Time - TSP still gives the 10% cbills and xp until the end of the year, correct? TSP no longer provides an additional 250,000 cbills, correct? TSP 2019 starts on Jan 1st, right? *hint hint*

1. YES
  2. CORRECT
  3. PROBABLY NOT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users