Ohm's Quick Reference Sheets For All Mech Hardpoints, Weapons, Engines, & Pilot Lab - Images, Pdfs, Excel Inside

769 replies to this topic

#601 InstaGibb

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Im not sure if someones already said this but when im messing with the Cataphract 4x in the mechlab program it shows a hand actuator in the left arm and in game it dosnt have that actuator makes it difficult to test builds

#602 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

This is amazing work! Please don't stop :) The 'mechlab has helped me create several 'mechs that I love, and helps keep me sane when the mechlab crashes. Devs: please let me use this to update my actual mechs instead of the ingame mechlab!

#603 EmperorMyrf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 740 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Just noticed something on the spread sheet for weapon values. Your EHS values for weapons with beam length (lasers) doesn't include the beam time in its calculation. The SLs EHS should be 7 not 9, and so on.

Thanks for keeping this updated though, very handy.

#604 ReD3y3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Please keep this updated or appoint someone to help you keep it updated.

PLEAAAAAASEEE!

#605 Legionn

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostReD3y3, on 24 November 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Please keep this updated or appoint someone to help you keep it updated.

PLEAAAAAASEEE!

Smurfynet also has a MWO info page you can use in lieu of Ohm's until his is updated. You can find it here, http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Edited by Legionn, 24 November 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#606 Ryft

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

I use this thread ALL the time. Great info, easy layout, BEST sticky ever! Thanks for all the hard work.

While making inquiries to a new mech, some Commando pilots informed me that the max engine size for that chassis is a 210, not the listed 215. As I don't own one, there's no way for me to confirm.

#607 Legionn

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

View PostRyft, on 25 November 2012 - 07:18 AM, said:

While making inquiries to a new mech, some Commando pilots informed me that the max engine size for that chassis is a 210, not the listed 215. As I don't own one, there's no way for me to confirm.

You are correct, the Commando is limited to a 210 engine.

#608 ghos t in the shel l

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Locationhttps://discord.gg/SsRASYJUe5

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

Just wanted to clarify OhmWrecker and Ohm are 2 diff people, people keep wanting to thank Ohm for the guide

#609 Legionn

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Pretty sure most people that refer to "Ohm" do mean Ohmwrecker but are just shortening his name out of laziness as I am prone to do. Though I don't doubt that Ohm, whomever Ohm is, does get a few "thank you" whispers in-game and on the forums from time to time.

I have seen the player named Ohm in-game a few times too and since a person's forum handle is also their in-game name, it should be pretty obvious that he and Ohmwrecker are not the same person.

#610 RragnarR40k

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

looks to me like the commando mechs cannot use a 215 engine, but a 210 engine...

#611 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

View PostInstaGibb, on 21 November 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Im not sure if someones already said this but when im messing with the Cataphract 4x in the mechlab program it shows a hand actuator in the left arm and in game it dosnt have that actuator makes it difficult to test builds

View PostJonathan Paine, on 22 November 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

This is amazing work! Please don't stop :D The 'mechlab has helped me create several 'mechs that I love, and helps keep me sane when the mechlab crashes. Devs: please let me use this to update my actual mechs instead of the ingame mechlab!

The mehclab is not ohm's invention. You can find that latest version here http://widowmakers.c...ForumID=2249095

#612 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:59 AM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 26 November 2012 - 11:25 PM, said:

The mehclab is not ohm's invention. You can find that latest version here http://widowmakers.c...ForumID=2249095

Your name is perfectly appropriate in the context of the last posts. :P

#613 SWEETOOTH

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for sharing !

#614 Ohmwrecker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hey guys... time for some updates! :)

1. ArmyofWon helped me with data last time around, and last I had heard from him there were some things that he changed but that he wanted to correct after the fact. I've sent an email checking in, as I never did hear back. Worst case scenario I'll just do a sheet to sheet data comparison to idenfity any differences since my last update and his. Then I can determine what needs to be reverted or updated to reflect any values that have changed since then.

2. Just for clarification sake, I am not "Ohm" in MWO nor do I have any idea who plays with that account. I do use "Ohm" in the titles of my videos on Youtube, but my in-game name is Ohmwrecker. This applies to pretty much every game I play, and now that there's about to be an item named after me in League of Legends I'm pretty much locked down to this username for life. :D

3. As mentioned by others, I did not create the Mechlab program that is linked at the end of my post. I only linked it because they lost their sticky thread when the new forums launched. I created the sheets, images, pdfs, etc. in this thread, but not the mechlab program.

4. Last week I had a chat with a contact at IGP, and we discussed my plans to make video content for MWO. There's the possibility that some of my videos may get featured on the MWO Youtube channel, but details are still being discussed. Stay tuned for more info on that.

5. December will be a better month for me time wise, so I should be able to stay on top of updates. With that said, I would still be open to pulling in other community members so we can keep everything updated in a very timely manner, and perhaps even build the sheets out further.

Thanks again for all the great feedback, and signs of appreciation / support. I'm really proud of how much this thread has been able to help the community thus far, and I hope that it will continue to be a valuable resource in the months to come.

Edited by Ohmwrecker, 27 November 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#615 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

sweet, you must of done the thing where you got enough people to make it so you got an item named. I too play LoL under this name myself.

Oh and keep up the good work, this list of items/mechs/ect is the best thing we have right now since there are no weapon or item descriptions in the game (I mean really how hard is it to put those in?).

#616 Dr Leech

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationBehind you...

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

View PostOhmwrecker, on 27 November 2012 - 08:01 PM, said:

Hey guys... time for some updates! :rolleyes:

1. ArmyofWon helped me with data last time around, and last I had heard from him there were some things that he changed but that he wanted to correct after the fact. I've sent an email checking in, as I never did hear back. Worst case scenario I'll just do a sheet to sheet data comparison to idenfity any differences since my last update and his. Then I can determine what needs to be reverted or updated to reflect any values that have changed since then.

2. Just for clarification sake, I am not "Ohm" in MWO nor do I have any idea who plays with that account. I do use "Ohm" in the titles of my videos on Youtube, but my in-game name is Ohmwrecker. This applies to pretty much every game I play, and now that there's about to be an item named after me in League of Legends I'm pretty much locked down to this username for life. :)

3. As mentioned by others, I did not create the Mechlab program that is linked at the end of my post. I only linked it because they lost their sticky thread when the new forums launched. I created the sheets, images, pdfs, etc. in this thread, but not the mechlab program.

4. Last week I had a chat with a contact at IGP, and we discussed my plans to make video content for MWO. There's the possibility that some of my videos may get featured on the MWO Youtube channel, but details are still being discussed. Stay tuned for more info on that.

5. December will be a better month for me time wise, so I should be able to stay on top of updates. With that said, I would still be open to pulling in other community members so we can keep everything updated in a very timely manner, and perhaps even build the sheets out further.

Thanks again for all the great feedback, and signs of appreciation / support. I'm really proud of how much this thread has been able to help the community thus far, and I hope that it will continue to be a valuable resource in the months to come.

Hi Ohmwrecker,

thanks for your hard work and time you share with us for this project.

Keep up this awesome work.

Wish you well,

The Doc

#617 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

View PostSirLANsalot, on 28 November 2012 - 12:44 AM, said:

[...]
this list of items/mechs/ect is the best thing we have right now since there are no weapon or item descriptions in the game (I mean really how hard is it to put those in?).

There is also a up2date comprehensive list, but few see it since it's not sticky:
Smurfys comprehensive MWO Reference Guide

ps: not trying to undermine ohmwreckers work, I think its great.. have been using it myself for a long time, but smurfy invested a lot of time into his "project" (currently also building a mechbay site, clan map utilities etc.) so I think it' worth supporting him too.

#618 DrAmnesia

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Your MWO Mailbox is full :angry:

I'd like to offer some of my time to help in any way I can.
I have about 60% of the current mechs and engines as well as 15 years experience in .net development, database administration and operational reporting.

Keep up the great work, it is appreciated.

-DrAmnesia

#619 Ohmwrecker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostDrAmnesia, on 28 November 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Your MWO Mailbox is full ;)

I'd like to offer some of my time to help in any way I can.
I have about 60% of the current mechs and engines as well as 15 years experience in .net development, database administration and operational reporting.

Keep up the great work, it is appreciated.

-DrAmnesia

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up. Now I know why I haven't been receiving PMs from anyone! :D

One thing that could be of use is something that can auto-yank data from the files with each patch. Do you have the ability to create something like that?

#620 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCookin some dirty burgers

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

much thanks

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users