#121 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

View PostJon McFuzzy, on 09 January 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Please help me understand why all of these mechs MUST have lower actuator?

Source material.
They all have functioning elbows.

#122 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:51 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 09 January 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

It doesn't matter that it has case at all since it has an XL engine. The ammo detonation is still going to destroy the side torso and that destroys the engine and the mech. PGI always implements mechs as they are in the official battletech source material as near as they can to the available construction rules of the game. Since we don't have infantry for example, all the clan omni mechs which had A-pods as part of their loadout had those components replaced with something else. The flavour text from the 3050 TRO describing the MAD-5A included the following...

"Curiously the 5A is built with CASE only in it's right torso, yet its three ton LB-X autocannon ammunition bay sits in the left torso, leading some observers to suggest another projectile weapon field kit variant was being contemplated"

Dug it up, and to quote exactly...

The MAD-5A uses a General Motors 300 Extralight engine to conserve weight tor heavier weapons. Two
Magna Firestar Extended-Range Particle Projection Cannon replace the older Hellstar models, and a Mydron Excel
LB 10-X Autocannon replaces the heavy laser in the right torso. Interestingly, the right-torso section comes with
a CASE configuration, even though no ammo is stored there. This has led many to speculate that some projectile
weapon field kit variant is contemplated.

So apparently its done on purpose. This wouldn't be so bad if the left also had it. Evidently, the left does not. General Motors certainly screwed up but this wouldn't be the first time one of the game's in universe companies has.

I mean look at the history of the Flea... or even better, the Daboku.

#123 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:01 AM

View PostAlpha Ximi, on 11 January 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

Yes! The mechs i saw in MW2 are exactly as in this link you provided. It is rifleman clan...ok roger,so MWO still have mechs to come.

Yup, the BattleTech Universe is full of additional Mechs that PGI could render into MWO. It will be years before they run out of good MechPack options. :D

Not to poke too hard, but I don't suppose I can get a 'Like' on my earlier post to you for finding the right Mech Information? ^_^

As for this...

View PostKoniving, on 11 January 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

I mean look at the history of the Flea... or even better, the Daboku.

Heck, look at the "Stone Rhino (Behemoth)" Mech, whose original prototype couldn't get moving due to problems with the Leg Actuators. Talk about a giant nightmare, eh? :P

~D. V. "So many Mechs out there... Some with problems, and others that are of great desire..." Devnull

#124 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

View PostSparky424, on 08 January 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Could be a new engine, That would be good. Now for Me I'll keep playing MWO, because a AI is too predictable. The AI dosen't make spur of the moments decisions like we do. Just not the same.

Like the NASCAR effect this game has on every match? So unpredictable... riiigggghhht....

#125 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:00 AM

Everything looks good so far, though with at least two variants that use 400 rated engines, I’m disappointed a little about the engine cap.

It’s a small gripe in the grand scheme of things, but there it is.

Edited by Aidan Kell, 13 January 2019 - 08:01 AM.

#126 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:17 PM

View PostAidan Kell, on 13 January 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Everything looks good so far, though with at least two variants that use 400 rated engines, I’m disappointed a little about the engine cap.

It’s a small gripe in the grand scheme of things, but there it is.

eh, usually you wouldn't be going that high anyway on a Marauder II, given the sheer about of firepower the thing's capable of loading out in most variants. going give or take 56-60kph is usually enough to keep up with Heavies in a group, let alone other assaults, so it'll be fine.

#127 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:42 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 January 2019 - 04:01 AM, said:

Heck, look at the "Stone Rhino (Behemoth)" Mech, whose original prototype couldn't get moving due to problems with the Leg Actuators. Talk about a giant nightmare, eh? Posted Image

Stone Rhino in recent anime action... Posted Image

#128 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:35 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 January 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

The number of cannons, and where they were placed... The way that the claws reached and spread... What you've shown me in that video is NOT a Stone Rhino by any means. :(

Let's keep the Macross out of our enjoyable universe of BattleTech/MechWarrior, alright? That troublesome mixing already caused so many problems a long time ago, and should NEVER be allowed to recur. :mellow:

~D. V. "feeling like they just got trolled, and their time wasted... that video does NOT have a Stone Rhino in it" Devnull

#129 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:33 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 January 2019 - 02:35 AM, said:

The number of cannons, and where they were placed... The way that the claws reached and spread... What you've shown me in that video is NOT a Stone Rhino by any means. Posted Image

Let's keep the Macross out of our enjoyable universe of BattleTech/MechWarrior, alright? That troublesome mixing already caused so many problems a long time ago, and should NEVER be allowed to recur. Posted Image

~D. V. "feeling like they just got trolled, and their time wasted... that video does NOT have a Stone Rhino in it" Devnull

Fair enough. But that's about the closest we're gonna get. :P

#130 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

Just take a look at the Stone Rhino 5 variant... http://www.sarna.net...Rhino_(Behemoth)

#131 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

View PostNightbird, on 08 January 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

I really wanted to get the ultimate pack with MW5... but that RT which can be shot from 360 degrees will make this a really hard mech to play.

Last time PGI's done something similar, (right torso cockpits), the head is split in half between right torso and center.

The cannon will be split in half.

#132 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

Last time PGI's done something similar, (right torso cockpits), the head is split in half between right torso and center.

The cannon will be split in half.

That's really not much better.

#133 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

View PostY E O N N E, on 14 January 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

That's really not much better.

The alternative is its a center torso.

Shadowhawk had something similar and it was meta for a number of years.

Granted its on the opposite side.
Posted Image

Well actually, in the case of a Marauder, it being part of the CT actually wouldn't be bad... assuming it had a Stalker's hitbox.

#134 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 11:06 AM

My personal preference would be that the cannon has a bit of RT, CT and LT in a logical division.

Edited by Koniving, 14 January 2019 - 11:07 AM.

#135 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:24 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 14 January 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

Just take a look at the Stone Rhino 5 variant... < http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Stone_Rhino_(Behemoth) >

Fixed the link for you... And tweaked it for visual compatibility in my quoting. :)

Anywho, I took a look at the description... I think probably at least two of those were low-slung, unlike that video which Koniving pulled up. ^_^

~D. V. "definitely would prefer it different, and not a Macross duplicate" Devnull

#136 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 14 January 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

Just take a look at the Stone Rhino 5 variant... http://www.sarna.net...Rhino_(Behemoth)

I'd be more worried about the -4 variant; thanks to how the hardpoints are distributed you could mount 4 LB20Xs on that thing. We'd either be getting a PGI rearranged variant or a ghost heat nerf on the LBs if it shows up, I'd be willing to bet.

#137 Smoke2049

Rookie

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:59 AM

Ok i apologize if someone has already answered this , i went through the post and couldn't see it .

My question is , if i pre-order the MW5 ultimate pack for $120 USD ,
Do i get the Marauder 2 Ultimate pre-order as part of the purchase or do i just qualify for the Marauder 2 pre order and then have to spend the extra $70 USD to buy it ?

Edited by Smoke2049, 15 January 2019 - 09:00 AM.

#138 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:51 AM

You get it.

#139 Soulryder

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 January 2019 - 01:09 PM

View PostSteve Ward, on 09 January 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Marauder II 4L was created in the Dark Age era... and the 6S as well.

so, i guess, we should have all the nice gimmics from this time like HAG and X-Pulse etc. etc. etc.
Maybe we will receive more toys for the mech lab soon.... :-)

Actually, the release year for the 4L was 3084, post Jihad, Early Republic as per the MUL

http://www.masteruni...auder-ii-mad-4l

#140 WakeAndBake

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 02:02 PM

Wow, I'm wet.......I was just thinking that MWO needed another 48 kph mech that is ...uh....8 more variants of an old mech.

Can't you find a tin cup and sit on a corner somewhere?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users