Jump to content

Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Community Pre-Order


389 replies to this topic

#341 Shelminator

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 02:50 AM

Is already known, when they will realease any info about minimum specs?
The date of end pre-order is out, but the min specs still not..i am waiting to buy. But i will not buy somethg on what i can then be only sad looking:(
At least tell, if it will be similar to MWO, or much more demanging, etc..
I have laptop Core I5 2,9GHz, 16GB RAM and Nvidia 650M (2GB RAM), no SSD.
Can someone advise please?
Thanks!

#342 Horseman

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,452 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:52 AM

View PostShelminator, on 08 April 2019 - 02:50 AM, said:

At least tell, if it will be similar to MWO, or much more demanging, etc..
I have laptop Core I5 2,9GHz, 16GB RAM and Nvidia 650M (2GB RAM), no SSD.
Can someone advise please?

(please note: this is an educated guess; do not consider this to be anything more than that)
It won't be similar to MWO as it's built on an entirely different engine (Unreal Engine 4).
Looking at recent games using that engine to establish some kind of minimum ballpark, they don't go below GTX660 in minimum spec - and the 660 outclasses your 650M about twice over.

#343 Napoleon_Blownapart

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostRighter8, on 28 February 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

I understand this is still in development, but I would be more encouraged to buy the pre-order if I knew my PC was going to run it. I can't afford to blow $120 for a game, that once it comes out, I need to shell out another $500 to play.

Minimum and recommended specs is the only thing keeping you from getting my cash, PGI.


exactly

#344 IndigoMonkey

    Rookie

  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 07:32 PM

I preordered and redeemed my codes. I thought the MC was supposed to be immediate but it's been a few hours and I still don't have it.

#345 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 982 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 08:11 PM

you redeemed all four of them? It can take to the next full hour for the injection.

#346 Shelminator

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:24 AM

View PostHorseman, on 08 April 2019 - 03:52 AM, said:

(please note: this is an educated guess; do not consider this to be anything more than that)
It won't be similar to MWO as it's built on an entirely different engine (Unreal Engine 4).
Looking at recent games using that engine to establish some kind of minimum ballpark, they don't go below GTX660 in minimum spec - and the 660 outclasses your 650M about twice over.

thanks a lot man, although it means NO-GO for me:( at least i am in calm now...
well but that founder bonus is nice and i really wanted the preorder..but not going to buy a new PC because of this game...maybe in far future..and then it will be already in sale..
so farewell my preorder:(

#347 Medea

    Rookie

  • 6 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 05:14 PM

Can anyone tell me will this be like battletech in the sense you command a squad, have to pay there wages level them up etc, except instead of turnbased its first person.

#348 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 982 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

Yep, that's roughly what it's supposed to be.

#349 Mortificator

    Rookie

  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

No more of my money for GPI

#350 wolfsta

    Rookie

  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:36 PM

Well, that's be one less sale for MW5. How could you guys prostitute yourselves out like that? Epic has such a horrible customer experience, from the storefront that is on par with Steam from 15 years ago to the awful customer security protections. This is such an anti-consumer move....

#351 Throat Punch

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 874 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, Terra

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:53 PM

Well, I've played table top Battletech since is was called BattleDroids, played every MW game, and was a backer for mwo; I had been looking forward to MW5, but selling out to the anti-consumer EGS means this is a no buy from me. Pretty sad.

#352 Huanglong

    Rookie

  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 05:28 AM

They are at least somewhat honest about thier motives. Well nobody actually believes that "ensure quality" jabber. But when you read between the lines, they basically do it for the publicity that comes with beeing yet another of the games exclusivly on Epic Store, and it seems to be working so far. Now they only can hope that stunt pays off.

They should at least be completly honest about thier reasons, be it the money or the publicity. But you can't tell me they won't be able to deliver a good game if they released it on other platforms as well, that is just pure nonsens.

Edited by Huanglong, 26 July 2019 - 05:30 AM.


#353 sp4m

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:34 AM

I just learned that pre-ordering MW5 is possible... is it too late to jump on the bandwagon?
I would *love* to get in on some early beta action!!

I just learned that pre-ordering MW5 is possible... is it too late to jump on the bandwagon?
I would *love* to get in on some early beta action!!

#354 Horseman

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,452 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:58 AM

View Postsp4m, on 26 July 2019 - 06:34 AM, said:

I just learned that pre-ordering MW5 is possible... is it too late to jump on the bandwagon?
Yes, it is.

Quote

I would *love* to get in on some early beta action!!
How badly do you want it? It will only be accessible through Epic Game Store.

#355 el piromaniaco

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 939 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:25 AM

I don't know.

i don't know but hate EPIC, i don't really know PGI but learned to hate it. STEAM, well, got many games via their portal (Portal for example :) ).
Don't even know if i really have the time to play a game during the next years. (other than QuickPlay)

Aachh, f..k your knee ( ;) ), i gonna rip some mechwarriors a.. in MWO.

Peace and Pretzels

el piro

#356 Orisos

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

Great job stabbing your consumers in the back after they already handed you their money PGI. I want my choice of platform, not whatever you were bribed into using. If this doesn't change before the end of month I'm requesting a refund and I'm never giving you money again. That's a promise. I don't care what deals you made with your Chinese Overlords. Figure it out or lose a customer forever. Not just one either, I'd wager.

Edited by Orisos, 06 August 2019 - 03:03 PM.


#357 SLDFSpectreSix

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

View PostOrisos, on 06 August 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Great job stabbing your consumers in the back after they already handed you their money PGI. I want my choice of platform, not whatever you were bribed into using. If this doesn't change in a month I'm requesting a refund and I'm never giving you money again. That's a promise. I don't care what deals you made with your Chinese Overlords. Figure it out or lose a customer forever.



You have until September to get your refund. That's 3 weeks and 4 days. They won't "figure it out" because they've already made a deal and most likely signed a contract. They're not going to go back or give a choice because Mouthbreather McClaine is mad that they had to change platforms because they signed a contract.

See you in a year.

#358 Orisos

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 08:44 PM

View PostSLDFSpectreSix, on 06 August 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:



You have until September to get your refund. That's 3 weeks and 4 days. They won't "figure it out" because they've already made a deal and most likely signed a contract. They're not going to go back or give a choice because Mouthbreather McClaine is mad that they had to change platforms because they signed a contract.

See you in a year.

If you're done sniffing your own farts come back to reality. Wise developers, like those of Metro Exodus, made the choice to provide Steam keys for the game before the exclusivity period expired for people who already pre-ordered. So kindly blow your self-congratulatory snark out your ***. I want what I paid for, which was a Steam key that lets me play the game at launch.

Edited by Orisos, 06 August 2019 - 08:48 PM.


#359 SLDFSpectreSix

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostOrisos, on 06 August 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

If you're done sniffing your own farts come back to reality. Wise developers, like those of Metro Exodus, made the choice to provide Steam keys for the game before the exclusivity period expired for people who already pre-ordered. So kindly blow your self-congratulatory snark out your ***. I want what I paid for, which was a Steam key that lets me play the game at launch.


Waaahhhh wahhhh I'm too good to use another launcher, I want it on Steam, and I want it NOW waaahhhhhh

If you ever wanna see what entitlement looks like, just go to the MWO Forums when PGI announces a change or a rescheduling.

#360 Horseman

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,452 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

View PostSLDFSpectreSix, on 07 August 2019 - 11:27 AM, said:

Waaahhhh wahhhh I'm too good to use another launcher, I want it on Steam, and I want it NOW waaahhhhhh

You know very well this has less to do with Epic being another launcher and more to do with the bait and switch compared to what they paid for, being lied to by Russ when the FAQ changes came up and finally Epic being a **** platform that should not be supported until they get their **** in order.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users