Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Community Pre-Order

405 replies to this topic

#241 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:32 AM

What system do I need to run this ?!?

PLS PUT SYS REQ. ON THE FRONT PAGE!!!

I won't be buying this unless I am sure my rig can take it!

#242 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:29 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 January 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:

1) You'll essentially get a gift code for the respective Mechpack. So, I'm 98.75% positive you'll get the early adopter bonus if you redem the code within the early adopter timeframe.
2) Codes. Found here https://mw5mercs.com/profile (you need a new account on the MW5 site - Just for tracking your preorder as of now)
3) End date is tba. Given the code nature of the pre-order reward, it's technically possible that the preorder time frame could be still active after the Marauder 2 is released in MWO.

Thanks! One more question but I think only PGI can answer this: How will the MW5 pre-order tiers apply to the 2019 Loyalty Rewards? Would each piece be taken as separate qualifiers, eg the MC portion to the MC part of the Loyalty programme, the Marauder pack towards the IS reward, etc or more likely taken as a single piece like how they took the Origins/Resistance/Wave packs as single criteria?

#243 Trooper Thorn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationEvansville, Indiana

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:35 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 10 January 2019 - 08:53 AM, said:

This sounds to me more like you need a fresh windows install, especially older Windows versions suffered from that.
BTW, while we are at it, steam doesn't run on XP or Vista any more

I use win 7 and I have reinstalled the steam program and also the win 7 install, still no go still had the crashes so I removed steam after a whole lot of frustration.

Edited by Trooper Thorn, 11 January 2019 - 06:36 AM.

#244 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:41 AM

View PostTrooper Thorn, on 11 January 2019 - 06:35 AM, said:

I use win 7 and I have reinstalled the steam program and also the win 7 install, still no go still had the crashes so I removed steam after a whole lot of frustration.

By any chance are you using an Nvidia card?

#245 Trooper Thorn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:45 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 10 January 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Steam works well for the majority of people who use it. It is unrealistic to expect that software will run the same on every PC or configuration. This is the reason why Apple has very little diversity in their products and tightly controls the hardware in their "PCs", so that it is easier for software developers. Also you are not specific about how Steam is causing problems, so at this point I can only assume that it is a matter of opinion.

It is not a matter of Opinion when steam while playing a purchased game continually hard crashes during the game so bad that I have to do a restart of my PC every damn time. That sir is not my opinion of a game platform but a serious technical glitch. Yes I did say that many others had no problem but I do. Like I said PG needs to make it part of their MWO launcher that would be far easier for us not just a way to be herded onto another platform.

#246 Trooper Thorn

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:56 AM

View Postarcana75, on 11 January 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

By any chance are you using an Nvidia card?

No I am using a AMD R9 200 X series card with 4 GB on board memory

As a side I am collecting parts for a new build, I cannot purchase everything at once and have to purchase as I can I do have a OEM copy of Win 10 when I can finally build the PC in April or May it may be then that I can use steam but I am not holding my breath and by then if it does work the pre-order will be over and I am not willing to put out all this cash in the "Hope" of it working. I am disabled and on disability so I cannot afford to purchase something unless that I know that it works.

#247 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:57 AM

Pre-ordered.

At least PGI isn't like "you guys all have phones right?" *cough* Diablo *cough* Posted Image

Looking forward to more stompy stompy pew pew.

#248 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostTrooper Thorn, on 11 January 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

It is not a matter of Opinion when steam while playing a purchased game continually hard crashes during the game so bad that I have to do a restart of my PC every damn time. That sir is not my opinion of a game platform but a serious technical glitch. Yes I did say that many others had no problem but I do. Like I said PG needs to make it part of their MWO launcher that would be far easier for us not just a way to be herded onto another platform.

I am not against having the game available through other platforms, I can only assume that PGI is sticking with Steam, because they might use it for their Co-Op matchmaker or something.

#249 Devious Redbeard

Rookie

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:53 AM

One does not simply purchase a package.... because the xsolla interface REFUSES to function as it should. FFS IF and I mean if I can get it to load it doesn't complete a transaction no matter what device I use. Seriously PGI, is there not another more reliable platform that you could be using to complete these transactions?

Edited by Devious Redbeard, 11 January 2019 - 11:54 AM.

#250 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

View PostDevious Redbeard, on 11 January 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

One does not simply purchase a package.... because the xsolla interface REFUSES to function as it should. FFS IF and I mean if I can get it to load it doesn't complete a transaction no matter what device I use. Seriously PGI, is there not another more reliable platform that you could be using to complete these transactions?

I have not been able to purchase MW5 yet, for personal reasons, but I have used Xsolla in the past to buy MC and Mechs and the only time I have had problems is if I used certain gift cards that were not able to be used in this manner (this was a problem with the gift card, not Xsolla).

#251 IAN WAGNER

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 21 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:06 PM

Would prefer GoG as well. Less baggage with the client, and none of that DRM nonsense Steam likes to include.

Would even go for one of the higher tier packages, even though I RARELY play MWO (and MWO -existing- post 2020 being its own unresolved topic)

#252 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 08 January 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

49.99 USD is the base price of the game so getting it through this Pre-Order will probably be your best option.

The only way it could be cheaper (that I can foresee) are these 2 conditions.

- If You are not in USA and you wait until it is released on steam and you take advantage of regional pricing (missing the beta)

- If You are in the USA You wait until it is released... Then wait even longer... then it goes on sale... then you buy it (missing the beta and the launch)

What I am saying is this. This is the best possible way to purchase this to get the beta AND you get a bunch of MWO stuff!

Hope this helps!

So wait until black Friday/ steam sale when it's not selling as forecasted and get it 50% off... sounds like a plan.

#253 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

View PostTrooper Thorn, on 11 January 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

As a side I am collecting parts for a new build, I cannot purchase everything at once and have to purchase as I can I do have a OEM copy of Win 10 when I can finally build the PC in April or May it may be then that I can use steam but I am not holding my breath and by then if it does work the pre-order will be over and I am not willing to put out all this cash in the "Hope" of it working. I am disabled and on disability so I cannot afford to purchase something unless that I know that it works.

FYI I basically have an NVidia card, 16 GB DDR3 3600, A NAND SSD and an Intel I7 7700 the with Win 10 and I have no problems with Steam if that helps.

#254 -Pascal-

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:53 PM

Why did they remove the interface that was in the prealph version? Previously, he looked like a part of a robot, but now he is like a pile of pictures, like in the world of warcraft. You don't feel like a pilot at all. This is a huge minus. And he looked great

Posted Image
[url="http://www.picshare.ru/view/9818186/"]http://www.picshare.ru/view/9818186/

Edited by venerator100500, 11 January 2019 - 03:56 PM.

#255 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

View Postvenerator100500, on 11 January 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Why did they remove the interface that was in the prealph version? Previously, he looked like a part of a robot, but now he is like a pile of pictures, like in the world of warcraft. You don't feel like a pilot at all. This is a huge minus. And he looked great

Posted Image
[url="http://www.picshare.ru/view/9818186/"]http://www.picshare.ru/view/9818186/

Maybe to make it more like a neuro-helmet http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Neurohelmet

#256 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

49.99 USD is the base price of the game so getting it through this Pre-Order will probably be your best option.

- If You are not in USA and you wait until it is released on steam and you take advantage of regional pricing (missing the beta)

- If You are in the USA You wait until it is released... Then wait even longer... then it goes on sale... then you buy it (missing the beta and the launch)

What I am saying is this. This is the best possible way to purchase this to get the beta AND you get a bunch of MWO stuff!

Hope this helps!

Once it's available on Steam, will it have the MWO goodies?

View PostTrooper Thorn, on 11 January 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

Ok. I have an Nvidia card and a 144hz panel and recently it was crashing like crazy. Until I switched VSync to Adaptive mode instead of on or off.

#257 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

Hope this helps!

With the obvious lack of attention MWO is getting from the development team, why should anyone run out and drop a bunch of money to get "MWO stuff"??

#258 -Pascal-

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:15 AM

View PostGrus, on 11 January 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Maybe to make it more like a neuro-helmet http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Neurohelmet

Why did they do it? it would be much more pleasant if all the devices were interactive and you would have to twist your head to look at them. Most likely piranhas were too lazy or very hard to make such an interface for all robots. That made it all the same type. Well, doesn't such an interface look more pleasant?
Posted Image

http://www.picshare.ru/view/9821165/

#259 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

View PostCyrilis, on 11 January 2019 - 03:32 AM, said:

What system do I need to run this ?!?

PLS PUT SYS REQ. ON THE FRONT PAGE!!!

I won't be buying this unless I am sure my rig can take it!

I don't think they know what the system requirements are going to be until they finish optimizing, which tends to be towards the end of development.

#260 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:46 AM

View Postvenerator100500, on 12 January 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Why did they do it? it would be much more pleasant if all the devices were interactive and you would have to twist your head to look at them. Most likely piranhas were too lazy or very hard to make such an interface for all robots. That made it all the same type. Well, doesn't such an interface look more pleasant?
Posted Image

http://www.picshare.ru/view/9821165/

The HUD display on your visor/helm is a wonderful thing to have in combat. You don't have to take your eyes off target to be able to see and understand information displayed in front of you no matter where you're looking. Look at the F-22 and F-35 pilot helmets.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users