Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Community Pre-Order

405 replies to this topic

#261 -Pascal-

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:19 AM

View PostGrus, on 12 January 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

The HUD display on your visor/helm is a wonderful thing to have in combat. You don't have to take your eyes off target to be able to see and understand information displayed in front of you no matter where you're looking. Look at the F-22 and F-35 pilot helmets.

It's not the same for everybody. I think it was necessary to make the helmet interface switchable in the menu. For me, this is the reason not to buy MW5

#262 Souldrink3r

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 12 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:12 PM

View PostDevious Redbeard, on 11 January 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

One does not simply purchase a package.... because the xsolla interface REFUSES to function as it should. FFS IF and I mean if I can get it to load it doesn't complete a transaction no matter what device I use. Seriously PGI, is there not another more reliable platform that you could be using to complete these transactions?

Same here

#263 MedivalJ

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:23 PM

Will it matter what version friends have in order to play coop with one another?

View PostMatt Newman, on 09 January 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

It should work that way.

Will the version matter for playing coop with friends when the game releases?

#264 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

View Postvenerator100500, on 12 January 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Why did they do it? it would be much more pleasant if all the devices were interactive and you would have to twist your head to look at them. Most likely piranhas were too lazy or very hard to make such an interface for all robots. That made it all the same type. Well, doesn't such an interface look more pleasant?
Posted Image

http://www.picshare.ru/view/9821165/

This is among the stuff I plan on trying to fix once it comes out. I prefer a minimal HUD and functional screens. Those of Battletech are described as giving very basic information, with main screen and auxiliary screen(s) having most of the information.

View PostMedivalJ, on 12 January 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

Will it matter what version friends have in order to play coop with one another?

Will the version matter for playing coop with friends when the game releases?

Which preorder version?
No.

If one is more updated than another, say you have the latest updates and someone else hasn't updated since a year after launch... yes.

#265 MedivalJ

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

Why is it so difficult to answer one question...

I've asked the same question three times in this forum and received no answer. In addition, I've tweeted @russ_bullock directly and received no answer...

Edited by MedivalJ, 12 January 2019 - 04:42 PM.

#266 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:47 PM

Okay so I paid the 119.99...

Verified my card with the temporary charge Xolla made.
Got the payment confirmed on the site. Got the email confirming it...

Now... hunting for the 3 codes...

Edited by Koniving, 12 January 2019 - 04:49 PM.

#267 MedivalJ

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 January 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

This is among the stuff I plan on trying to fix once it comes out. I prefer a minimal HUD and functional screens. Those of Battletech are described as giving very basic information, with main screen and auxiliary screen(s) having most of the information.

Which preorder version?
No.

If one is more updated than another, say you have the latest updates and someone else hasn't updated since a year after launch... yes.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be some version compatibility problem between players before investing into this.
Example: Player 1 has community edition but player 2 only has standard. Both players can't coop with one another because they have different editions of the game.

Thank you.

Edited by MedivalJ, 12 January 2019 - 04:50 PM.

#268 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

No problem. For most games, the standard/deluxe versions don't really have any compatibility issues unless one includes maps that another doesn't (in which case a "DLC" tends to have said map that Deluxe guy got for free).

Here, the differences between them are on MWO for the most part, which has little to nothing to do with the actual game. :)

View PostKoniving, on 12 January 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

Okay so I paid the 119.99...

Verified my card with the temporary charge Xolla made.
Got the payment confirmed on the site. Got the email confirming it...

Now... hunting for the 3 codes...

Found it.

Got to be on https://mw5mercs.com/profile page, then click bundle code reveal.

#269 MedivalJ

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 January 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

No problem. For most games, the standard/deluxe versions don't really have any compatibility issues unless one includes maps that another doesn't (in which case a "DLC" tends to have said map that Deluxe guy got for free).

Here, the differences between them are on MWO for the most part, which has little to nothing to do with the actual game. Posted Image

Found it.

Got to be on https://mw5mercs.com/profile page, then click bundle code reveal.

They mentioned in the description that the beta will feature an instant action mode that is playable by community edition owners only. I just wanted to make sure that the campaign in general wouldn't be affected and would be coop playable regardless. Thanks.

Edited by MedivalJ, 12 January 2019 - 04:57 PM.

#270 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:00 PM

View PostMedivalJ, on 12 January 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

They mentioned in the description that the beta will feature an instant action mode that is playable by community edition owners only. I just wanted to make sure that the campaign in general wouldn't be affected and would be coop playable regardless. Thanks.

Have you played Battlefield or Call of Duty?
The reason I ask is think of it like those. The beta's only accessible under whatever conditions, but it has no effect on anyone that bought the game once it is "released", whether they preordered or not, just like most (if not all) games since 2000 plus. (I know some old playstation one games using the link cable and portable games, a Director's cut versus the original would not be compatible, but such isn't the case here.)

#271 MedivalJ

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:04 PM

I've played both games and know what you're talking about. Thank you.

#272 Timuroslav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 672 posts
  • Location米国のネバダ州のリノで住んでいます。

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 10 January 2019 - 09:41 PM, said:

Yeah, Russ needs a PR consultant.

He looks like he pulled too many all nighters. Poor guy. He would also stay up late to do NGNG podcasts and people would rag on him for not communicating even though he answered their questions on a recorded stream the night before. I know everyone is hot to attack their favorite developer, but people need to relax a bit.

#273 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

View PostTimuroslav, on 12 January 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

He looks like he pulled too many all nighters. Poor guy. He would also stay up late to do NGNG podcasts and people would rag on him for not communicating even though he answered their questions on a recorded stream the night before. I know everyone is hot to attack their favorite developer, but people need to relax a bit.

True, I can empathize with Russ and PGI because they get pulled in every direction by a player base that is as divided in opinion as the US government.

#274 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:39 PM

So it took me about 3 minutes to spend 60,000 mc
Posted Image
But its okay, because....
<.< Chainsaws.

And now up to 329 mechs out of 340. (previously 300 bays and 299 mechs). Snagged a bunch of heroes. Sadly this means I didn't have any left over for patterns as I had hoped... hard to believe there's that many heroes I didn't own yet.

Edited by Koniving, 12 January 2019 - 06:56 PM.

#275 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

View PostKoniving, on 12 January 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

So it took me about 3 minutes to spend 60,000 mc
Posted Image
But its okay, because....
<.< Chainsaws.

And now up to 329 mechs out of 340. (previously 300 bays and 299 mechs). Snagged a bunch of heroes. Sadly this means I didn't have any left over for patterns as I had hoped... hard to believe there's that many heroes I didn't own yet.

You already had claws, chainsaws seem like overkill Posted Image

View PostMedivalJ, on 12 January 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Why is it so difficult to answer one question...

I've asked the same question three times in this forum and received no answer. In addition, I've tweeted @russ_bullock directly and received no answer...

Seriously, though, how many company CEOs even make themselves so readily available to their customers?

#276 MotokoV2

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:51 PM

AWESOME! :D now my poor *** student wallet (already in the negatives) can only handle the basic package... but I love it! Cannot wait for more MechWarrior!

Love you guys

#277 -Pascal-

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

In general, I thought and decided that you should not spend money on pre-order. Judging by MWO5, this is an unfinished game with a bunch of shortcomings. The support service ignores all complaints. Bugs and glitches tozh many. Today, the desire to buy something that played a couple of matches without one murder at all has spoiled everyone, the party members have selected them. And now imagine: you have spent money, you want to enjoy a team game, and in a team half of the players who do not understand what is happening at all and periodically shoot at everything that moves, including you.In addition, I did not understand the fun with the rockets when they flew through the house and damaged my armor. In general, it is better to wait for a working finished product. In addition, it is not known which product they will abandon earlier.

#278 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

i can not decide which pack i preorder^^ i don't want to spend so much money but the value of the packs is really good Posted Image

but i wonder if there will be other offers. for example with an other mech

Edited by WiNNiep00h, 13 January 2019 - 03:32 PM.

#279 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 13 January 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

i can not decide which pack i preorder^^ i don't want to spend so much money but the value of the packs is really good Posted Image

but i wonder if there will be other offers. for example with an other mech

Probably not but if you want to make the most of the mc best do it soon. MC is immediate.
I used mine to get 40 mechbays at 50% off and a boatload of heroes at 50% off. So I was able to drag it pretty far and bolster my hero collection by around 30. The cbills I used to get a bunch of engines for builds where I kept juggling engines around. After this you will probably have to wait for another mwo sale to make the best value out of the mc.

Waiting for another hero sale.... Well come mid year it might be slim pickings as they are usually at year end.

This said as far as the actual game you get the same game whether you spend 50 or 120. All that really changes are the bonuses for mwo, really.

Edited by Koniving, 13 January 2019 - 04:17 PM.

#280 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:15 PM

Did anyone ever say how long the pre-order would be available for?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users