#281 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:29 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 13 January 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

Did anyone ever say how long the pre-order would be available for?

Not yet.

The assumption is it will end at or before the pre-order time for the Maurader II ends for this specific deal before a regular pre-order.

I jumped on it now so my MC would stretch as far as it can in heroes. Finding out the mechbays were on sale was a bonus.

119.99 in MC is apparently 30,000. It's given twice if you're a founder. It definitely snagged a lot of heroes.

#282 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:12 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 January 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

Not yet.

The assumption is it will end at or before the pre-order time for the Maurader II ends for this specific deal before a regular pre-order.

I jumped on it now so my MC would stretch as far as it can in heroes. Finding out the mechbays were on sale was a bonus.

119.99 in MC is apparently 30,000. It's given twice if you're a founder. It definitely snagged a lot of heroes.

so sad i am not a founder. didn't hear about MWO before i saw it on steam.

With pre-order Time you mean the time you have to get the preorder Bonus ? (because you can stil preoder it just without getting the bonus as far as i know)
Why should the MW5 preorder stop after that? you could still get the Marauder II. even if the Marauder II will be released before MW5 you could still get the mech for preordering MW5.

Edited by WiNNiep00h, 14 January 2019 - 04:26 AM.

#283 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:16 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 January 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Probably not but if you want to make the most of the mc best do it soon. MC is immediate.
I used mine to get 40 mechbays at 50% off and a boatload of heroes at 50% off. So I was able to drag it pretty far and bolster my hero collection by around 30. The cbills I used to get a bunch of engines for builds where I kept juggling engines around. After this you will probably have to wait for another mwo sale to make the best value out of the mc.

Waiting for another hero sale.... Well come mid year it might be slim pickings as they are usually at year end.

This said as far as the actual game you get the same game whether you spend 50 or 120. All that really changes are the bonuses for mwo, really.

i think from the "old" mechs i have already everything that i want. so just the new mechs are interesting for me and it always takes a while till they are on sale. i bought 20 mech bays for now and i have some MC left. i will still wait with preorder. i would like to know some more details about the Marauder II.

#284 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:13 AM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 14 January 2019 - 04:12 AM, said:

so sad i am not a founder. didn't hear about MWO before i saw it on steam.

With pre-order Time you mean the time you have to get the preorder Bonus ? (because you can stil preoder it just without getting the bonus as far as i know)
Why should the MW5 preorder stop after that? you could still get the Marauder II. even if the Marauder II will be released before MW5 you could still get the mech for preordering MW5.

Its a "limited time" community only version of the pre-order. Getting it counts as preordering the Marauder II with the standard mech preorder bonus of the cbills, paints, pattern, cockpit clutter, etc. So once the Marauder II preorder bonus is up (which is 70 dollars on its own), to be able to snag the ultimate edition with the MW5 preorder (which the base game is 50 dollars, and it plus the Marauder II's ultimate at 70 is 120.... (50+70=120) to be able to get it anyway for the 120 (50 for the game plus the 70 for the full Marauder II pack) after the Marauder II preorder bonus is up... plus 120 worth of MC, plus a bunch of other stuff... its just not very bright to keep offering at that point, its called losing potential money unnecessarily, it also removes any point of buying into the Marauder II separately for those that are interested in both but decide to twiddle their thumbs in waiting).

So from that point, it just being a normal preorder makes a LOT more sense.

After that point, as a regular preorder, you might expect to get this:
Game Access

- Digital Copy of MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries
- Digital Game Manual

Digital Content

- Digital Soundtrack
(Maybe with more expensive versions having the in game pattern or 2).

.....and nothing out of MWO.
Or extremely little, like the most basic to entice the buyer to "try" MWO and that's it.

Edited by Koniving, 14 January 2019 - 06:21 AM.

#285 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:22 AM

This video basically says as much.

#286 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:35 AM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 14 January 2019 - 04:16 AM, said:

i would like to know some more details about the Marauder II.

https://mwomercs.com...ad-out-details/
They've had this up for a while now.

Its got the loadout details of the 6 variants (which includes the reg 4A and collector's 4A.

#287 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:04 AM

Koniving you and your logic! bought a bunch of mech bays and way more hero Mechs than i should of. but between the mech bays, hero mechs, and the MADII got about $300 worth the stuff (at regular price buying MC at $99.99/25000) and i haven't even looked at cbill stuff yet or the other content. a bargain even if MW5 tanks.

#288 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...ad-out-details/
They've had this up for a while now.

Its got the loadout details of the 6 variants (which includes the reg 4A and collector's 4A.

yes of course i saw that. i meant for example the information (when it will be released, when for mc / cbils) and also the preorder bonus (which colors and so on).
anyway..i will preorder MW5, i am just not sure to take the $50 or $80 package :D

#289 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

View Postloopala, on 14 January 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

Koniving you and your logic! bought a bunch of mech bays and way more hero Mechs than i should of. but between the mech bays, hero mechs, and the MADII got about $300 worth the stuff (at regular price buying MC at $99.99/25000) and i haven't even looked at cbill stuff yet or the other content. a bargain even if MW5 tanks.

I know right? Now watch some "even better sale" late in the year and all our MC is gone. :P

I think rather than snagging every one that I could that said I didn't own it (watching for a trick or two like the Grid Iron (I have a special Grid Iron so it tells me I don't own "the Grid Iron".), I should have gone for the most expensive ones that I'd never buy for MC in any other way, as I could earn MC to buy up the little ones.

I was smart enough to not get ones that I could get for a 15 dollar snag out of a package that I already own, such as the Bounty Hunter and Mean Baby. I already own the Marauder and Annihilator packs so getting them that way is better than consuming the MC as even half off, they sometimes don't even work out to be as low as 15 bucks in terms of MC.

#290 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:52 AM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 14 January 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

yes of course i saw that. i meant for example the information (when it will be released, when for mc / cbils) and also the preorder bonus (which colors and so on).
anyway..i will preorder MW5, i am just not sure to take the $50 or $80 package Posted Image

This might help:
https://mwomercs.com...c-bill-tracker/
Assuming the preorder comes in February for the Marauder II, it'll "release" for preorder buyers in April, As such, unlike what's shown there, (which assumes the actual preorder for it starts in January), it'll probably show up for MC in September, when MW5: Mercs comes out or close to it.

Track record is three months after the preorder begins, it releases to pre-order players.
It may release sooner, since it is announced a month before the actual preorder has begun. In which case the August prediction for the MC release would be accurate.

#291 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:57 AM

View Postloopala, on 14 January 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

Btw, send the link to the MechCommander 1/2 mods again? Need to download, install, and hopefully start making mech-related videos again.

#292 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

Why xsolla adds $10 more? Any way to pay just $50?
EDIT: PayPal.

Edited by Paran01ac, 14 January 2019 - 12:58 PM.

#293 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:37 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

I know right? Now watch some "even better sale" late in the year and all our MC is gone. :P

I think rather than snagging every one that I could that said I didn't own it (watching for a trick or two like the Grid Iron (I have a special Grid Iron so it tells me I don't own "the Grid Iron".), I should have gone for the most expensive ones that I'd never buy for MC in any other way, as I could earn MC to buy up the little ones.

I was smart enough to not get ones that I could get for a 15 dollar snag out of a package that I already own, such as the Bounty Hunter and Mean Baby. I already own the Marauder and Annihilator packs so getting them that way is better than consuming the MC as even half off, they sometimes don't even work out to be as low as 15 bucks in terms of MC.

2 big ones for me were Misery and Ultraviolet. And the Executioner hero. No way I was paying full price for that lot. Almost had to break out pen and paper to get the ones that were the best bang for the buck.

#294 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

I love my Misery. It's one of my best cash cows.

#295 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:07 AM

View PostKoniving, on 14 January 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

I love my Misery. It's one of my best cash cows.

And it is a Wolf's Dragoons Mech.

#296 STEEL JUSTICE

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:00 AM

It say paysafe Selected payment currency is not supported.
PLZ add paysafe.

#297 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:13 AM

View PostSTEEL JUSTICE, on 15 January 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

It say paysafe Selected payment currency is not supported.
PLZ add paysafe.

It sounds like Paysafe is there, but PGI only accepts USD.

Otherwise I don't think you'd be able to get into paysafe and select a currency for it.

#298 STEEL JUSTICE

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostKoniving, on 15 January 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

It sounds like Paysafe is there, but PGI only accepts USD.

Otherwise I don't think you'd be able to get into paysafe and select a currency for it.

It is Strange because i buy mech packs with paysafe and its ok the last 1 was the crosair.

Edited by STEEL JUSTICE, 15 January 2019 - 03:40 PM.

#299 Barsov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 117 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, Spinward Sector

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

Well... It's time to compare mine expectations vs reality. As a true fan of the BT and MW series I've signed up for MWO Beta and what did I get:

1. BattleMechs physics - NO
2. BattleMechs collisions - NO (PGI tried but scrеwed it up)
3. True ClanTech - HELL NO eat that nerfed sh*t!

Other (there are many issues that also disappointed me, but) dosen't matter... Because I get an exiting FPS videogame about Sh...ooting Floating Turrets Online with the walking legs animation!

And now the same guys purpose me to buy their MW-5 (not existed yet product) and even become a double founder... Seriously...

Im not complaining about MWO isn't some kind of Mech simulator - no way, I didn't expect it from the start. It's about features that PGI announced in the beginning such as destructible objects, physics, collisions and then:
[redacted]

So, PGI, what can I really get from my 1,2,3 list in future MW-5?

Edited by Tina Benoit, 10 May 2019 - 10:23 AM.
nonconstructive video

#300 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

View PostBarsov, on 16 January 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Bunch of Blahchitte

Hey how about you link to that announcement...

FYI the oldest Mechwarrior Online announcement I can find is dated Nov 1, 2011
Reads like you gotta go take your rabid frothing at the mouth anger out on IGP, the original PUBLISHER...

INFINITE GAME PUBLISHING TO PUBLISH MECHWARRIOR® ONLINE™
- Piranha Games brings the long-awaited MechWarrior® as a Free-To-Play PC game -

MONTREAL, QUEBEC, October 31, 2011 -- Infinite Game Publishing Inc. (www.infinitegamepublishing.com) and Piranha Games Inc. (www.piranha-games.com) have announced MechWarrior® Online™ (www.mwomercs.com), the first officially licensed free-to-play title in the long-standing and award-winning MechWarrior® franchise. MechWarrior Online is set to launch in the second half of 2012 from newly formed digital publisher, Infinite Game Publishing.

Set in the year 3049 during the early stages of a massive interstellar war, MechWarrior Online puts you in command of the most powerful war machine to ever walk the field of battle, the mighty BattleMech™. Command your Mech™ and customize it to suit your battlefield role; upgrade systems, replace weapons, and tweak armor with endless options.

MechWarrior Online lets players command at will: go head-to-head online alone or with friends in high-octane Conquest and VS modes. Band together and form your own Mercenary Corp, invite friends and battle other player-made Merc Corps for prestige and power. Pledge your allegiance to one of the five great houses and fight for control of precious Inner Sphere planets.

You will play a key role in a dynamic and ever-changing universe where player exploits impact the world around you and daily story updates and frequent content additions create epic changes to the Inner Sphere universe and its many inhabitants.

MechWarrior Online delivers a rich online experience, rewarding everything a player does with experience points, C-Bills, unlocks, and recognition. Upgrade skills and refine your role in gameplay using an all-new leveling system, and up-to-the minute detailed player statistics allow you to compare, track and share your progress with other players.

“We’re excited to lead the MechWarrior franchise online for fans of the series,” said Russ Bullock, co-founder of Piranha Games. “We’re proud to partner with Infinite Game Publishing, and are thankful for the fans of the MechWarrior series that have been so patient for the next MechWarrior game to arrive. Infinite Game is a partner who understands both the world of games publishing and the crucial technical needs of today’s AAA online gaming experiences. Together we are bringing fans epic next-generation Mech combat online in 2012.”

https://web.archive....nline-announced

PS. Not to be confused with the earliest MechWarrior franchise announcement (its pre-design anything).
This original 2009 MW5 was to have a storyline that reads like a very bad 1970's "kung fu" movie.
https://ca.ign.com/a...-details?page=1

Edited by Akillius, 16 January 2019 - 04:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users