Public Test Session - Long Range Missile Updates Series

323 replies to this topic

#321 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:08 PM

View Postaardappelianen, on 21 January 2019 - 03:50 AM, said:

It seems to me that no matter how hard you nerf lrms it will never take away the sheer amount of lrms you can have incoming.

To be fair alot of people don't use terrian and short exposures to counter locks in the first place.

Alot of people dont move cover to cover and are in the open, making themselves ez lerm bait.

Also knowing where your nearest hard cover helps for when you get locked via spotter or narc

#322 Artemus Prime

• PipPip
  • The Warlord
  • The Warlord
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 05:25 PM

Can there be a fix for LRMs hitting legs? It tends to happen more often than not, it is really detrimental for close-range fast lights/mediums with relatively low leg armor. When trying to get into an engagement they are already at a disadvantage because everyone already knows to go for the legs.

#323 aelfkins

• PipPipPip
  • Kavellrist
  • Kavellrist
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 20 June 2022 - 06:01 PM

I was changing around the configs on one my LRM boats (SCR-D w/2 C-LRM20s), and noticed that when I equipped both an active probe and a targeting computer it made target lock times significantly longer. This was with both the C-Light Active Probe or the Clan Active Probe, and the targeting computer 1 and 2.
If I ran just an Active Probe(either variety), or just a Targeting Comp 1 or 2, the targeting times where normal.

#324 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 27 June 2022 - 03:59 AM

1. Quite the necro, pal.
2. Neither active probes nor TCs affect missile lock-times. They do affect sensor range, which in turn affects missile locks without Line of Sight. You are probably confusing LOS and non-LOS lock-on times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users