284 replies to this topic

#21 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

Everyone who went to Mech con, looks like we can blame you now.

View PostRhialto, on 18 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Again another patch and still not fixed:

Posted Image

There are no more programmers working on mwo anymore. Next month there will be no fix for this too.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 January 2019 - 09:26 PM.

#22 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 18 January 2019 - 09:34 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 18 January 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

so nerf anyone who is better than you?

Pgi wants to increase ttk. They're doing it by nerfing skill. Adding more spread to srm,longer lasers burns,buff lock on weapons and slower ballistics.

Im sure this is great for the pug q potato players still buying mechpacks.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 18 January 2019 - 11:57 PM.

#23 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:01 PM

Well, no flamer changes, but given recent remarks from Chris, my patience is a bit restored on that front. For reference, fixed flat values are the way to go, when you get to making those changes. I'd prefer somewhere in the range of 0.8 - 1.0 DPS, 1.0 - 1.5 Heat DPS, and 0.75 - 1.0 HPS, then balance from there.

Now, moving on. I like the changes coming to many of the mechs, especially the Blackjacks. The more generic quirks will promote build variety overall; and some lore-themed flavor quirks will help a lot for unique/lore-friendly/super-stock gameplay styles, for those that want them.

On the other hand, I'm not too sure about the changes to the Piranha . . . at least not the structure. I completely understand removing some agility to make the run-and-gun require a little more skill to line up shots, but the leg structure might be a bit much. I probably would have done only one of the changes first (agility), and then saved the other for a later patch (structure), if needed. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether it needs further changes, a partial reversion, or if it was a solid call.

On the SSRM side of things, I agree with some of the other sentiments. While I don't think the loss of lock-on angle is the absolute extreme issue some make it out to be, I will say that the change to torso-favored locks is going to be better vs. non-lights instead of helping take out lights. Legging lights is the best way to take out lights; and making streaks target legs less will just help them survive a few extra volleys of SSRM fire. However, I've been happy that SSRMs have fallen out of the "absolute hard counter" realm of use vs. lights; and I'm absolutely not averse to these changes.

Outside of that, I'm not surprised the first patch of the year is quite light. However, wasn't there supposed to be some Faction Play changes involved in this patch, or was that a "maybe" item?

#24 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:06 PM

Oh boy, more buffs to guided missile types. Choo choo, load up that StreakClops or SkillCrow and go to town all those dastardly Heavies with your freshly minted CT-homing, min-range-disabused missiles.

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:07 PM

AC/2 nerf is very unjustified. Streaks really don't need to be turned into CT-coring aimbots like they used to be before the Clan Invasion. Hellspawn's problem isn't a lack of agility.

Those are the main concerns I have for now.

#26 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:16 PM

But you already made the streaks target CT more. You did that when you wanted to counter the BSW.

Also, put back the energy quirks for the HBK. Get rid of the HSL quirk and give it to the Blackjack 1X. The HBK has the perfect tonnage to run six MPL and mount a lot of DHS and also go fast. The Blackjack has lower tonnage and is kinda better suited for the medium lasers. It even has exactly 8 energy hardpoints.

Also the Victor twist speed could use just a slight buff.

#27 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 671 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:56 PM

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 18 January 2019 - 10:16 PM, said:

But you already made the streaks target CT more. You did that when you wanted to counter the BSW.

Also, put back the energy quirks for the HBK. Get rid of the HSL quirk and give it to the Blackjack 1X. The HBK has the perfect tonnage to run six MPL and mount a lot of DHS and also go fast. The Blackjack has lower tonnage and is kinda better suited for the medium lasers. It even has exactly 8 energy hardpoints.

Also the Victor twist speed could use just a slight buff.

i appreciate that more mechs are getting HSL quirks, but i have to agree that the hunchback 4P doesn't particularly need it. i'd prefer to keep the generic energy quirks since they apply to any build you might want to run on it.

#28 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:02 PM

Well, thank to nerfing 3 of my favourite mechs: laser hunchie, laser javelin and EXE-A(seriously, what the ****, you REALLY expect anyone to put 3 LPL in it? Or was it dirty trolling???????), they were completely OP, broken and deserved it. GG WP.

#29 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

View PostFupDup, on 18 January 2019 - 11:04 PM, said:

The Exe changes are pure buffs with no drawbacks. At worst you won't notice a difference between current and patch performance on the variant.

EXE-A
Energy Range quirk removed
C-Large Pulse Laser HSL +1 Quirk added in it's place.
You should read property before commenting.

Edited by GweNTLeR, 18 January 2019 - 11:07 PM.

#30 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:48 PM

Well look at that, i called it ya fish lovers, the Piranah got kicked in its seat just like I said it eventually would :V

#31 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:56 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 18 January 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

Well look at that, i called it ya fish lovers, the Piranah got kicked in its seat just like I said it eventually would :V

And it's waaaaaaaaaay overdue.

#32 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:08 AM

Well at least they'll be players in Solaris the next few days as folks try and get their min 25 matches for prizes.

#33 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:18 AM

PGI Cosmetics, Inc. :D

#34 Hadesuwa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:41 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 18 January 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

We fish folk still have got enough fish sticks to stuff your rear armor and eat your legs clean off, Jack.

#35 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:46 AM

I think the 6th patch with nothing but a little bit of AC2 -100m/s , lrm +200m/s, HSL+1 on this mech, etc.

Numbers every trainee could hammer in his keyboard in one day.
While the rest of the team is working on MW5.

Welcome to MWO, where you can spend your time and money, while PGI, takes your money and makes MW5, but never brings any new stuff to MWO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and did they forgot to fix the NOT WORKING refresh button in the friendslist?

Fixing a refresh-button

#36 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:57 AM

I am fine with the bell curving the streeaks but could you fix the lock lost problem when the target is directly in front of you...the crosshairs cannot lock something literaly point blank.

#37 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:10 AM

The decals, titles and other in-game rewards (other than the Marauder II) are still going to be in this patch, right?

Nevermind, I re-read the MW5 FAQ and saw that it was the FEB 19th patch for the rest of the rewards.

Edited by Ed Steele, 19 January 2019 - 01:14 AM.

#38 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:10 AM

Buffing streaks and nerfing Piranhas because the mechdads at mechcon complained. Couldn't be more clear about who you want playing your game.

#39 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:11 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 18 January 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Everyone who went to Mech con, looks like we can blame you now.

There are no more programmers working on mwo anymore. Next month there will be no fix for this too.

They need to fix the bouncing / floating decals too. And decals that show through armor plates on MECHS.

Edited by Ed Steele, 19 January 2019 - 01:12 AM.

#40 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:17 AM

View Postdr3dnought, on 19 January 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

Buffing streaks and nerfing Piranhas because the mechdads at mechcon complained. Couldn't be more clear about who you want playing your game.

Making streaks next to useless because light pilots cried about them was a bad idea, it is about time that streaks get a bit of a buff. I do agree that the Piranha really did not need to be nerfed, though, it is just the fact that MGs are OP and it becomes really noticeable when you can pack so many on one MECH.

Edited by Ed Steele, 19 January 2019 - 01:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users