#41 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:33 AM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 18 January 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

LoL can anyone else verify this or is Rhialto the only one getting this bug? I am only asking since i play on a wooden computer and have all shadows disabled.

I tried to find this bug but didn't see what you see in his video!
Maybe different PC have different beeld!

Edited by Apollo777, 19 January 2019 - 02:38 AM.

#42 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:36 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 19 January 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

Making streaks next to useless because light pilots cried about them was a bad idea, it is about time that streaks get a bit of a buff. I do agree that the Piranha really did not need to be nerfed, though, it is just the fact that MGs are OP and it becomes really noticeable when you can pack so many on one MECH.

They are only next to useless if you are already a next to useless player and can't hold a reticle on a 'Mech in a box to begin with.

Holding reticles on 'Mechs in boxes is kind've the entire point to this game, and no weapon should be effective at all if you can't do it.

#43 Culnan

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 04:25 AM

Could someone please clarify what '3060's weapon refits' for that bunch of clan mechs means?

#44 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:00 AM

On the quirk changes pdf, all the new values for mech deceleration say "#REF!". It makes it a little fiddly updating my spreadsheets with the new values. Thankfully the 'change' column is fine so I can just calculate the final values.

EDIT: Also the new values for arctic cheeta's acceleration/deceleration quirks are listed as "#####". (They didn't change so again it no big deal, still, just want to let pgi know)

EDIT 2: Also the patch notes claim that the turn rate of all the EXE will improve, however the spreadsheet only lists the torso turn speed increases.

Edited by byter75, 19 January 2019 - 05:33 AM.

#45 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:23 AM

Piranha nerf long overdue. Love the Clanner tears. Yum Yum.

#46 byter75

• PipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 05:26 AM

View PostCulnan, on 19 January 2019 - 04:25 AM, said:

Could someone please clarify what '3060's weapon refits' for that bunch of clan mechs means?

The 3060 update introduced weapons that are visually represented differently on the mechs, which pgi has slowly been updating. Currently these mechs don't show the correct number of tubes for atms, so atm3's look like srm4s, atm9's look like lrm10s and atm12s look like lrm15s (usually). Also lmgs, mgs and hmgs have different barrels, before they are updated these mechs all use the regular mg model for lmgs and hmgs.

Basically the biggest change is that they will just have the right number of tubes for atms now.

Edited by byter75, 19 January 2019 - 05:30 AM.

#47 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:11 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 January 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

<Streak Buff>

Ha! I grow stronger!

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 18 January 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

<PIR-NERF>

Awww now less people will play my favorite food Posted Image (oh who am I kidding, ahahahahahhaha.)

#48 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:17 AM

View PostDeathshade, on 19 January 2019 - 05:23 AM, said:

Piranha nerf long overdue. Love the Clanner tears. Yum Yum.

No Clanner tears, just Piranha driver tears.

Me personally? *LAUGHS IN LBX*

#49 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:30 AM

Nice to see some love for the Blackjack.
Piranha nerfs long over-due, their adamantium lagshield combined with leg buffs is/was insane.
Been trying to get a match on PTS, but no luck,, running events and PTS just doesn't work.

#50 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:05 AM

View PostRhialto, on 18 January 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Again another patch and still not fixed:

Posted Image

View PostTechChris, on 18 January 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Wouldn't be a patch notes post (or any official post that evenly vaguely hints at game changes really) without ol' Rhial making the same post, n filling the forum screen with the same old vid clip. It's become a forum tradition. Think I might almost miss this when he's gone.... Since that's far more likely then PGI ever caring about some shadows n fixing it! Posted Image.... Plus, if they did, then what would he spam every patch notes post??? O_o

Anyhow......

Well I'll Be darned.....

A patch with nothing in it to further un-fun the game (Gosh knows we had plenty those last year), isn't "Completely" Inconsequential, didn't make me think wtf/you can't be serious/this ain't gonna end well left n right, and actually had some minor improvements (the streak update, and PIR leg structure removal)...... Guess I'll take it.

Never be able to undo the damage all last years patches did, but I'll take what I can get, and this is least far from the worst the first patch of the year could a been.

View PostGamerPro4000, on 18 January 2019 - 08:24 PM, said:

LoL can anyone else verify this or is Rhialto the only one getting this bug? I am only asking since i play on a wooden computer and have all shadows disabled.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 18 January 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Everyone who went to Mech con, looks like we can blame you now.

There are no more programmers working on mwo anymore. Next month there will be no fix for this too.

View PostApollo777, on 19 January 2019 - 02:33 AM, said:

I tried to find this bug but didn't see what you see in his video!
Maybe different PC have different beeld!

Hello, everyone. I can unfortunately say CONFIRMED that it's not only just Rhialto seeing this long-standing issue. I get it too, because someone amongst PGI's Developers never properly synced the Weapon Doors (and some other things) to the Chassis on which they're mounted. This is particularly visible from within the Cockpit of the various Mechs with the shadow problem. Pay more attention to your Mechs with those things, folks. You'll soon see what we're talking about. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "finally dispelling any thought that this was just a myth linked to one computer" Devnull

#51 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:10 AM

meh.

so.. next in line for the light-nerfs are the flea, locust, OP-lynx and commando I guess. and after that the 30 tonners, 35t and so on.. until -everybody- can run his lurm-assault from far back behind his meatshields team, without any fear of getting punished for it.

"good job" Posted Image

oh, and what the actual f? @ac2
the moment I saw ac2-comment, I -naively- thought you're going to do something about the one place in this game were the ac2 is a problem - SolACis2.
something like a) more heat b.) more cooldown c) ghostheat-group to 1-2-3; something to roll it back in S7 a bit and at least try to breathe some life into that dead mode by nerfing it in that mode alone (like flamers work differently there, in case you have never played S7 and/or flamers).
instead of that though...
meh.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 19 January 2019 - 08:51 AM.

#52 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:45 AM

Hey PGI, when will you release the old mwo maps back into rotation like classic Frozen City, Terra Therma, and ect. I never played on these maps before and would love to play them.

#53 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:09 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 19 January 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

meh.

so.. next in line for the light-nerfs are the flea, locust, OP-lynx and commando I guess. and after that the 30 tonners, 35t and so on.. until -everybody- can run his lurm-assault from far back behind his meatshields team, without any fear of getting punished for it.

"good job" Posted Image

Those mechs don't have the same issue as the Piranha which is being able to boat an insane amount of weapons and dish out insane alphas while having a really high engine cap.

#54 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:13 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 19 January 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

meh.

"good job" Posted Image

That seems to be what a bunch want. Note the posts that are happy about the Piranha nerf make no mention of wanting nerfs on any bigger mechs. Even though there are bigger mechs that can average damage high enough that if a light sometimes did it, it would somehow be considered game breaking.

oh, and what the actual f? @ac2
the moment I saw ac2-comment, I -naively- thought you're going to do something about the one place in this game were the ac2 is a problem - SolACis2.
something like a) more heat b.) more cooldown c) ghostheat-group to 1-2-3; something to roll it back in S7 a bit and at least try to breathe some life into that dead mode by nerfing it in that mode alone (like flamers work differently there, in case you have never played S7 and/or flamers).
instead of that though...
meh.

They already did that for Solaris outside of div1. All the AC2 boats got moved up divisions so that they are not that good any more. Its mostly brawl builds from what I've seen and the top of the leaderboards show.

View PostQuakeRiley, on 19 January 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

Those mechs don't have the same issue as the Piranha which is being able to boat an insane amount of weapons and dish out insane alphas while having a really high engine cap.

And the Piranha doesn't have the armor or range or depending on build the ammo/heat eff of bigger better mechs. So what was the problem? Why nerf the Piranha before those?

Edited by dario03, 19 January 2019 - 09:19 AM.

#55 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Solaris reset. Thanks

#56 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:55 AM

View Postdario03, on 19 January 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

And the Piranha doesn't have the armor or range or depending on build the ammo/heat eff of bigger better mechs. So what was the problem? Why nerf the Piranha before those?

The issue with the Piranha is the ability to boat super light weapon systems to the extreme without many issues, personally I don't like PGI's method of solving the issue by just directly nerfing the mech because the issue still exists with the weapon systems. But the difference with comparable IS lights is having to work more to get the same damage output, or with bigger lights the issue is simply being bigger so you're easier to kill.

#57 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

So no progress on FP updates this month then?

#58 Prof RJ Gumby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:16 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 January 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

Hello, everyone. I can unfortunately say CONFIRMED that it's not only just Rhialto seeing this long-standing issue. I get it too, because someone amongst PGI's Developers never properly synced the Weapon Doors (and some other things) to the Chassis on which they're mounted. This is particularly visible from within the Cockpit of the various Mechs with the shadow problem. Pay more attention to your Mechs with those things, folks. You'll soon see what we're talking about. Posted Image

Well, we also have a problem of decals floating out of sync with the mech moving, especially on arms. I think it happened with retrofits? My banchee's left (?) arm suffers the most of it, but I saw decals floating a bit or a lot on many mechs lately.

#59 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

"Arctic Cheetah - All Variants
  • Slight boost to global Mobiliby"
Posted Image

Edited by L u p u s R e x, 19 January 2019 - 11:31 AM.

#60 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostQuakeRiley, on 19 January 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

The issue with the Piranha is the ability to boat super light weapon systems to the extreme without many issues, personally I don't like PGI's method of solving the issue by just directly nerfing the mech because the issue still exists with the weapon systems. But the difference with comparable IS lights is having to work more to get the same damage output, or with bigger lights the issue is simply being bigger so you're easier to kill.

Ok, but the main thing that matters is effectiveness. The piranha isnt really more effective than all lights, I would argue that mechs like the wolfhound are just as effective with a different play style. And we cant just compare lights since there are multiple larger mechs that are better than all of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users