53 replies to this topic

#41 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

View PostSagara Sousuke 011011001, on 21 January 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

I'm assuming the team win boosts too? (sorry total newbie still)
Yep, winning vs. losing increases your match score.

#42 A Really Old Dude

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

500 match score is not just about kills.

I have done it many times and in this event multiple times in my assassin. In these games you have to win, I had 700+ damage and multiple kills. this mech only has 3 er mediums and 2 srm 6's, Stealth armour that can do three alphas before I have to turn stealth off to cool down.
This mech cant one shot anything but wears down enemy mechs, taking out torso's and legs racks up higher damages scores as well. legging heavies and assaults is one of the things I work on, it often means someone else gets the kill but ends up helping the team focus on these crippled mechs and I get a few extra shots on it.

PS: take 2 arty strikes and use them in the bunched deathball from the other team, this racks up damage quickly.

#43 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostDimento Graven, on 21 January 2019 - 08:10 AM, said:

Not neccessarily, actually. If the team is chewing through the front armor and getting the internals red crit, and this person is chewing through the rear armor and gets the final hit, he's still done relatively little damage. Sure he chewed through "all" that back armor (which for all but the most noobish of noobs is going to be pretty minimal), but that really isn't that much most of the time.

Well the guy is clearly playing in Tier 4-5. That's easy to work out. So back armour it's gotta be at least 16-20 points, from what we've all seen many times from those users.

Also he is claiming he is coming up behind lone Assaults that are at the back/alone or similar. It is not a stretch to assume they've barely taken minimal damage if they are at the back etc. Then also assuming aim isn't perfect so the damage isn't all going to JUST the rear CT (and with SRMs, that's basically standard).

So yeah, I'm just not buying it as that should be KMDD/Solo hands down or at least more often than not.

If you get 6 kills and NO KMDD/Solo you are hitting half dead targets.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 21 January 2019 - 03:01 PM.

#44 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 21 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

So far, I’ve managed to do it twice. Once in a BSW P2 w/ 2 lb10-x, 2mpl, and once in a MC2 w/ 2 lb20-x, 4mpl. In each match I scored north of 600 dmg and 5-6 kills.

Your mileage may vary.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 21 January 2019 - 03:29 PM.

#45 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

View PostA Really Old Dude, on 21 January 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

500 match score is not just about kills.

I have done it many times and in this event multiple times in my assassin. In these games you have to win, I had 700+ damage and multiple kills. this mech only has 3 er mediums and 2 srm 6's, Stealth armour that can do three alphas before I have to turn stealth off to cool down.
This mech cant one shot anything but wears down enemy mechs, taking out torso's and legs racks up higher damages scores as well. legging heavies and assaults is one of the things I work on, it often means someone else gets the kill but ends up helping the team focus on these crippled mechs and I get a few extra shots on it.

PS: take 2 arty strikes and use them in the bunched deathball from the other team, this racks up damage quickly.

damage spam is actually quite effective. when you kill something you remove it from the game and you and nobody else can score on it anymore. however if you use weapons like mrms or lbx you can do damage while keeping your target alive as long as possible. is lbx have 3x max range, and while killing anything at that range is sketchy at best, you can still spam damage to your hearts content while not advertising that you are a priority target. the fact that its bad at securing kills actually helps you farm more damage. now i used 8x cac2s at brawl ranges for my 500 but a fast ballistic camper with a lot of ammo could do well. it also kind of gives you a progress bar in the form of your ammo counter, i used about 800 rounds so i pretty much knew i had it before the game ended.

crippling blows with precision weapons is the higher skill version of same. aiming for legs, arms (on mechs with lots of arm weapons), side torsos and avoiding the kill shot can get you a lot of points.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 January 2019 - 04:03 PM.

#46 A Really Old Clan Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 04:35 PM

Can do it the old fashion way with a fast light mech.

Keeping dropping in games until you get a red team DC. Go and farm that DC'd mech for all its front armour, take its arms off, take a leg off, reduce the other leg to no armour and then start taking torso's off. 300-400 in one mech.

go back to team and rejoin the fight as most mechs are down 50% armour now while your fresh. Get a few easy kills and bobs your uncle, your done.

Just be ready for the abuse from your team mates.

#47 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 20 January 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

Don't feel bad, I've had 11 Matches where I got between 480 and 498 Match scores. The 500 is alluding me... funny when I'm not trying to get 500 I get it or above *sigh*

Finally got it with a 3 AMS Nova, 584 Matchscore... I guess if I was gonna get it, get it bigger than needed :)

#48 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

You just need to have a match like this:

Posted Image

#49 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 21 January 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

Posted Image

Horrible Photoshop job, I can see the cut and paste lines... practice the program more so it will be more believable

#50 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:36 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 21 January 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Horrible Photoshop job, I can see the cut and paste lines... practice the program more so it will be more believable

Not sure if trolling...

#51 The Caterpillar

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 08:41 PM

I ended up getting 561 with a 6 AC/2, 2 ERLL Dire Wolf on my 3rd try. I just waddled up to the nearest overlook and started blasting away anything that moved. Not my idea of engaging gameplay, but it is what it is. Thanks for all the suggestions! I completed all 5 objectives!

Edited by The Caterpillar, 21 January 2019 - 08:43 PM.

#52 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 21 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 21 January 2019 - 07:23 PM, said:

All you need is the damage. Kills not required.

Posted Image

#53 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

I am surprised at the amount of people that seem to get this in an AMS Nova. I did not see all that many missiles in gameplay over the weekend.

#54 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2019 - 11:19 PM

View PostDarakor Stormwind, on 21 January 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

I am surprised at the amount of people that seem to get this in an AMS Nova. I did not see all that many missiles in gameplay over the weekend.

The AMS allowed for extra points when any missles were shot down... add the damage I was doing and the mobility to dodge damage... then I got 3 kills I think and 2 Most Damage and 7 assists or something like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users