Invasion Gold Mech Event

67 replies to this topic

#21 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

I played this game before steam release but according to steam i have 1550 hours. Still only seen one gold mech ever... And holy crap those rewards are a slap in the face of your whales

#22 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:52 PM

This is gonna be fun for everyone I think (hope)!

#23 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:00 PM

I never saw a gold mech get team killed either, back in the day. All the hostility seemed to just stay in the forums.

I don't have a gold mech, but I'm glad to see they FINALLY get an event (they were promised these during the sale). Hope to see them get more of these, they were promised them btw. I'd like to see more events for the Founders too. I think they deserve them also.

I don't really play much anymore, but if I'm on your team Goldies, I've got your back.

#24 Magik Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:20 PM

No reward for killing a gold mech? Aw, come on...and make the reward a lousy looking fool's gold color if ya get three of em' :P

Just make sure team killing does not count.....

#25 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 24 January 2019 - 03:59 PM, said:

I got so many requests for a Gold Mech Event after last weekends Founders event. So here it is!

Good move.

Though I think you should give them 1000MC for completing each challenge, given how much they paid to get their Gold Mechs.

#26 Stitchedup

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 133 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:18 PM

i have only ever seen a golden direwolf a couple of times and timber wolf in the thousands of hours i have played it should be interesting to see a couple more in the wild

#27 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:33 PM

i never seen a gold mech in my life . Posted Image

#28 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

View PostKilogold, on 24 January 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Last time I heard about gold mechs they were used for target practice, regardless of which side they were on. That's quite expensive for a "kick me" sign.

they still are by a lot of people.

View PostHeffay, on 24 January 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

Yes!!!

One of the reasons I bought a gold mech is because all the people who said they'd team kill one if they saw it. I'm like "Awesome! They'll TK my mech, and in return I get to TK their accounts!" But it turns out all the people who talked **** like that were full of it. I've never been team killed.Posted Image

... still worth every penny though!

eh, it's mostly because Khan Mechs were IGP's Idea. those of us who still remember them WANT to forget them.

View PostMagik Jack, on 24 January 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

No reward for killing a gold mech? Aw, come on...and make the reward a lousy looking fool's gold color if ya get three of em' Posted Image

Just make sure team killing does not count.....

heh.. "Fool's Gold Mechs" ...fitting.

#29 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:51 PM

Yeah but all the FTP people are farming Gold MC in Solaris ......

Should have added a qp and fp event too or Goldies will have nothing to shoot .

#30 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

View PostUnnatural Growth, on 24 January 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

I never saw a gold mech get team killed either, back in the day. All the hostility seemed to just stay in the forums.

I don't have a gold mech, but I'm glad to see they FINALLY get an event (they were promised these during the sale). Hope to see them get more of these, they were promised them btw. I'd like to see more events for the Founders too. I think they deserve them also.

I don't really play much anymore, but if I'm on your team Goldies, I've got your back.

Maybe the forum potatoes wanted to but couldn't even hit a giant gold target, its always a possibility.

As for the challenges for founders etc, i'm not one of them cause i found out about this game late (I was a console player, didn't own a gaming computer till a few years back and a decade before that), but I agree, you help start a game and stick with it from the start you need your back rubbed.

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 24 January 2019 - 10:25 PM.

#31 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:31 PM

I'm a founder, sadly didn't have the cash to actually get one of the mechs, though. probably woulda went for the Cat or Atlas because they had the best unique Geometry.

#32 Wormflush

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:35 AM

@PGI
Considering the price of a Gold Mech, the rewards in this event are ridiculous. I'm not laughing because pity is holding my mind straight. Common! 100 MC is not even worth a Mechbay when it is on sale!

I don't own any of these mechs (my brain was awake when you sold them), but I suggest you offer their owners at least ten times these rewards. I'd even give them more.

Edited by Wormflush, 25 January 2019 - 04:35 AM.

#33 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:33 AM

Hmmmm i have yet to see any gold mechs in QP . Posted Image

#34 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:39 AM

Hahahaha this event is actually hilarious.

PGI showing they do have a sense of humour. What is it 6 years 7 nearly that these things were launched.

#35 cazeral

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

So much grooming of founders etc. going on at the moment, if it was linked to childrens' services, you would have the police around on suspicion of child abuse . . . . . .

#36 JD Wack

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:53 AM

Hm. This thing actually got even more fascinating and mysterious by going to the forums to find out about this golden mech challenge. I found out the basics, though. And it seems I'll just have to wish you guys that has a golden mech available a good challenge. I, on the other hand, will be looking forward to seeing these fabled creatures on the battlefield, it'll be it's own reward.

#37 Nightnovaa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:01 AM

View PostWormflush, on 25 January 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

@PGI
Considering the price of a Gold Mech, the rewards in this event are ridiculous. I'm not laughing because pity is holding my mind straight. Common! 100 MC is not even worth a Mechbay when it is on sale!

I don't own any of these mechs (my brain was awake when you sold them), but I suggest you offer their owners at least ten times these rewards. I'd even give them more.

They can't do that cause then there would be A HUGE uproar for them to be out for sale again and how unfair it is they took them down after switching to steam, etc etc etc

#38 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:04 AM

Yeah, no need to have a larger reward for gold mechs. It was cool enough to just have an event.

#39 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:08 PM

Really wish they'd release that gold paint in some way, shape or form, it is really nice !

#40 Grottenolm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 300 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany / NRW

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

Can we please get some kind of statistic of how many and which Goldmechs have participated ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users