#61 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:12 AM

View PostKoniving, on 26 January 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Long and short, "Gold mechs" are just like the normal Invasion mechs. Initially the 500 was just for the mech, but then the entire invasion pack was thrown into the mix (so you got the 270 dollar mechpack for 8, well 9 chassis including the Mad Dog bonus fo getting both Invasion 1 and Invasion 2, plus your gold mech at 330..)

It was a big "Collector's" fund raiser, which PGI has since said it was Infinite Games Publishing's idea, where they were using the funds to create two other mech titles, Mechwarrior Tactics (which was decent, but already getting brokenly pay to win with some of the cards, I actually liked the actual combat better than HBS's Battletech, due to the turns being played out simultaneously, and attack calls coming before movement [though having the choice to choose before or after would be nice]) and some top down arcade like mech shooter that visually looked good, but in terms of gameplay looked like it could have been done on the Sega Genesis or windows 95. Think Mech Assault but you twist whichever way you have the mouse pointed. Those were crushed, when not long after IGP was given the boot, for better or worse, and from there a long stagnation in development quickly turned around.

It has since stagnated again, but for the understandable reason of MW5: Mercs as opposed to being siphoned to death.

We may poke fun at those that bought gold mechs, but they did so either for the novelty or for the sensation of supporting the game...even though a sizeable chunk went on to 'support' two other titles that never made it to the light of day where the assets were sold off to the highest bidder...which if memory serves... was bought up for less than that of a gold mech (or was it less than two?)

Me, I'm friendly towards gold mechs, though if its on the other team, well during the founder event I waved to one...and then tried to kill it (someone else got the kill).

------------

Unrelated, but, since we're talking about publishers siphoning money...

So any aspiring game developers, do your research into a publisher before signing the dotted line.

and that thing with Eximius is pretty much precisely why PGI turfed IGP.

#62 MechWpnsTech

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 07:24 AM

was there any difference in their stats? other then c bill/xp bonus? . are they nerfed just as bad as common mechs now?

#63 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:02 AM

View PostMechWpnsTech, on 27 January 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

was there any difference in their stats? other then c bill/xp bonus? . are they nerfed just as bad as common mechs now?

Gold mechs were just Prime variants of the original clan invasion mechs with a REALY expensive paintjob and the same cbill bonus as hero/invasion variants - which means yeah they are nerfed as bad as any other 'isnt deathstrike' clan mech. (Back in the day I saw a Gold Adder, king of buyers remorse.)

Edited by Xeno Phalcon, 27 January 2019 - 08:04 AM.

#64 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:04 AM

View PostMechWpnsTech, on 27 January 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

Same nerfed **** like the normal variants. And holy hell, totally forgot how BAD the Timber Wolf is.

#65 Roomba the Assault Vacuum

Rookie

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:33 AM

Got a gold TBR as soon as they came out. They were OP then, and yes they're terrible now. Was never TK'd, but suffered lots of verbal abuse and "accidental" back shots. Stay classy, mechwarriors.

#66 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

Gold TBR was one of the fews which were sold out very fast. A Reason why I purchased one was easy. I had the money and I only wanted the gold timber wolf.

#67 Pumpkin Spice Templar

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

LET ME BUY A GOLD MECH OMG. I am young and new to game but I've played 620 hours now so I deserve it. PLEASE

#68 Sideshow031

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:28 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 24 January 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

*rubs eyes*

W-wait... Holy ****.

A challenge for my Gold Mech? That's something I never thought I'd see. Hell I never thought I'd see PGI mention gold mechs ever again after they got taken down from the store.

Don't worry about it, it's my pleasure. Though for the record, I drop in it frequently anyway. Posted Image

thats because you have an asinine build that is glitzy and blitzy, gnarliest nova ive ever worked with

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users