67 replies to this topic

#41 Mykor

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:06 PM

Is there a gold color in mech bay camo spec if not which yellow/orange color palette would come close. Just curious to know .... not like I’m going to try to pass my mechs as “gold” mechs or something .... or maybe use letters to spell out “Fool Ya”. I wouldn’t do that :P ..... but someone will .... you know it

P.S.
How many of you would pay PGI say a reasonable fee of upgrading a hero or champion mech to a gold mech if it were possible or for that matter to any previous discontinued package line like the Phoenix or Founders mechs? Maybe not exactly alike but almost same with slight difference to differentiate between 1st edition and say a 2nd edition run? .... I might ... if it was reasonable fee .... emphasize reasonable.

Edited by Mykor, 25 January 2019 - 03:17 PM.

#42 Panoy V Knicks

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:29 PM

Gold Mechs are now useless in the battlefield. They are very weak and no match for the new mechs that have arrived.

#43 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:49 PM

The gold mechs are just basic prime variants, I think. Nothing special.

I will say however that the gold color looks awesome. It has a really cool "shinyness" to it.

#44 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:31 PM

I seem to recall the gold gets the cbill bonus like hero/specials do... did they at least give them an XP boost as well to justify that price premium ?

#45 Panoy V Knicks

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:10 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 25 January 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

I seem to recall the gold gets the cbill bonus like hero/specials do... did they at least give them an XP boost as well to justify that price premium ?

no, they just milk them out for 500 usD

#46 Mike Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:19 PM

View PostMykor, on 25 January 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

P.S.
How many of you would pay PGI say a reasonable fee of upgrading a hero or champion mech to a gold mech if it were possible or for that matter to any previous discontinued package line like the Phoenix or Founders mechs? Maybe not exactly alike but almost same with slight difference to differentiate between 1st edition and say a 2nd edition run? .... I might ... if it was reasonable fee .... emphasize reasonable.

Shouldn't be reasonable, it wasn't the last time. If it's anything less than $500 I'd feel extremely cheated if I were an original goldmech owner. While I personally am not an owner, as my situation wasn't really able to fork over that kind of cash at the time I think the people that did when the game needed it the most should have their special mechs. I hope I get to see a few of you guys in the coming week.

#47 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

Yay gold mech hunting time!

View PostMike Barnes, on 25 January 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

Shouldn't be reasonable, it wasn't the last time. If it's anything less than $500 I'd feel extremely cheated if I were an original goldmech owner. While I personally am not an owner, as my situation wasn't really able to fork over that kind of cash at the time I think the people that did when the game needed it the most should have their special mechs. I hope I get to see a few of you guys in the coming week.

What if it were a silver mech for say $250?

#48 Magik Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:57 PM

I haven't seen any in any matches. Has anyone?

#49 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:52 AM

yep, i think you guys need to up the gold mech rewards, considering how expensive they were to buy.
But also make em harder to do to keep these guys in the field longer, we wanna see em!

Edited by Kifferson von doober, 26 January 2019 - 02:54 AM.

#50 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 January 2019 - 06:54 AM

View PostMagik Jack, on 25 January 2019 - 11:57 PM, said:

I haven't seen any in any matches. Has anyone?

Sure, I have seen several.

View PostKifferson von doober, on 26 January 2019 - 02:52 AM, said:

yep, i think you guys need to up the gold mech rewards, considering how expensive they were to buy.
But also make em harder to do to keep these guys in the field longer, we wanna see em!

I agree completelly! The reward should at lesast be ten times 100MC.

#51 Gloris

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:29 AM

And i thought you wanted everyone to forget about this disgusting money grab you did back then.
Guess i was wrong.
Posted Image

#52 Mike Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 25 January 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

What if it were a silver mech for say $250?

Just have tiers, for instance we can have silver for $300, bronze mechs (Which I think would look great) for $200, platinum for $750, and tin for like $.38.

#53 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:12 PM

Some mechs are just gold

#54 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:18 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 25 January 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

No, they just give a 30% CBill bonus, like hero mechs.

#55 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:29 PM

View PostMike Barnes, on 26 January 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

Just have tiers, for instance we can have silver for $300, bronze mechs (Which I think would look great) for $200, platinum for $750, and tin for like $.38.

*Imagines a Tin tier Black Knight.*

Posted Image

#56 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

View PostZyrocenus, on 24 January 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Are these special variants? Like the Founder and Phoenix mechs? I didn't see a gold camo in the paintshop….

Zyro

Long and short, "Gold mechs" are just like the normal Invasion mechs. Initially the 500 was just for the mech, but then the entire invasion pack was thrown into the mix (so you got the 270 dollar mechpack for 8, well 9 chassis including the Mad Dog bonus fo getting both Invasion 1 and Invasion 2, plus your gold mech at 330..)

It was a big "Collector's" fund raiser, which PGI has since said it was Infinite Games Publishing's idea, where they were using the funds to create two other mech titles, Mechwarrior Tactics (which was decent, but already getting brokenly pay to win with some of the cards, I actually liked the actual combat better than HBS's Battletech, due to the turns being played out simultaneously, and attack calls coming before movement [though having the choice to choose before or after would be nice]) and some top down arcade like mech shooter that visually looked good, but in terms of gameplay looked like it could have been done on the Sega Genesis or windows 95. Think Mech Assault but you twist whichever way you have the mouse pointed. Those were crushed, when not long after IGP was given the boot, for better or worse, and from there a long stagnation in development quickly turned around.

It has since stagnated again, but for the understandable reason of MW5: Mercs as opposed to being siphoned to death.

We may poke fun at those that bought gold mechs, but they did so either for the novelty or for the sensation of supporting the game...even though a sizeable chunk went on to 'support' two other titles that never made it to the light of day where the assets were sold off to the highest bidder...which if memory serves... was bought up for less than that of a gold mech (or was it less than two?)

Me, I'm friendly towards gold mechs, though if its on the other team, well during the founder event I waved to one...and then tried to kill it (someone else got the kill).

------------

Unrelated, but, since we're talking about publishers siphoning money...

So any aspiring game developers, do your research into a publisher before signing the dotted line.

#57 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:22 PM

I'm so ready for this, I've got TWO gold mechs and I'm gonna hit the field.
Spoiler

Spoiler added 'cause of visual awesomeness.

Edited by Koniving, 26 January 2019 - 03:22 PM.

#58 Shadovar-Assassin

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, U.K

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

Sorry for them TK's as am Color blind........was a genuine mistake!

Edited by Eagledel, 26 January 2019 - 05:12 PM.

#59 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

View PostZyrocenus, on 24 January 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

Are these special variants? Like the Founder and Phoenix mechs? I didn't see a gold camo in the paintshop….

Zyro

View PostZyrocenus, on 24 January 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ on Crutches that's alotta money! They had to have had ridiculous stats......right?

Zyro

Haha, no. We would have lit the forums on fire - IGP, the old publisher, tried to implement pay-to-win microtransactions by making the MC versions of strikes, cool shots, etc. better than the c-bill versions. They backed off of that real fast once they saw our reactions. Say what you will about the game, it's not pay to win.

So for the gold variants, they were just there for the collectibles crowd - and I know a guy who was actually annoyed when they ended the offer with a few of the gold 'mechs still unsold (there were only so many of each one.) He was paying the 500 bucks and grabbing new gold variants, then giving away the extra 'mechs - since it came with an entire Clan collection, too - to new players via customer support tickets.

#60 loopala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 27 January 2019 - 12:02 AM

i was saving up for a gold mech but by the time i had the money, they were gone. oh well glad to see the gold mechs getting their due

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users