118 replies to this topic

#1 I throw Dim Sum

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:31 AM

How many games does it take to get out of tier 5 !?! Why am I stuck with these guys who can't even turn around when they are getting shot in the back.

#2 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:32 AM

birds with the same feather flocks together

#3 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:52 AM

It shouldn't take long. That said, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You are new, so there is no shame in not being a top performer, but there is shame in calling others bad when you aren't exactly breaking the board yourself.

#4 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

View PostI throw Dim Sum, on 26 January 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

How many games does it take to get out of tier 5 !?! Why am I stuck with these guys who can't even turn around when they are getting shot in the back.

Hate to be the messenger of doom but, getting out of T5 won't fix that - Im always seeing guys let themselves get shot in the back or worse, shooting friendlies in the back because they dont use their eyeballs to see a friendly between them and the red square.

#5 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:30 AM

Elo hell is everywhere, there is no "comfortable spot" in any ranking system. With that said, if you post your favourite 'Mech choice / builds perhaps folk on the forums can give you some pointers. Right off the bat - consumables are good. Put at least one point in that tree for two slots.

#6 Variant1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:46 AM

i wish i was in tier 5..........

can you give me tier 5? ill give you my tier which is higher than 5

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

Depends on how well you do. As long as one is not trolling or brain dead, one can get out of T5 relatively easily.

#8 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:33 AM

I was in T5 for a looooong time, enjoy the chaos there. I'm only in T3 now and I'm finding that build/play options are getting narrower if I want to win consistently (or at least as consistently as my ability allows Posted Image ).

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#9 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

I don't know how to break this to you bud, but moving tiers won't to a thing for you. The match maker is completely turned off, I don't care what lying BS PGI says about this. Just look at any match roster and investigate for yourself. There are T1's playing against T5's in almost every match now. There are players that should be in lower tiers than they are currently in, and vice versa.

But none of this means diddly squat if PGI won't turn the MM limits back on.

Needs a rebuild on the system that sets "rank" anyway. And then once that "rank" is set, should be harder to move up, and easier to move down, compared to the system now, where virtually everyone moves up regardless of performance.

#10 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:42 AM

wish i was in tier 5 ;(

#11 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:49 AM

Great name by the way OP Posted Image

#12 OrmsbyGore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:49 AM

ti move up the tiers quickly, do all the things that help your team win: lock targets with R, destroy components, use good builds to increase your damage output (especially make sure that your weapons have complimentary optimal ranges and cooldown times), move from cover to cover with your team and shoot what they shoot, use uav's to expose enemy positions and help friendlies lock on to them, if you play assault mechs use builds that let you reach 60kph (once you get a feel for how games develop you can move to slower builds, but you don't want to get left behind by nascar in the beginning), etc. Once you start doing the basics right, you'll be filling up that xp bar in no time.

#13 Felbombling

• 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:30 PM

How many games have you played thus far?

#14 Inatu Elimor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • Location1.45 meters below sealevel

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:50 PM

Don' t enjoy your crunchies ?? Cheezz...

#15 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:32 PM

With my Smurf it took 3 matches to get out of T5. With my main account, several hundred. I made the mistake of starting with Light Mechs and found out too late that I really suck at playing Lights... ;)

#16 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:35 PM

I made an alt account took me 6 games. Felt like wot clubbing teir one again.

#17 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

I miss tier 5. When people nascared and lurmed less and actually ran interesting builds instead of being meta sheep.

#18 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:55 PM

Be glad you're in T5. It isn't that much fun in higher Tiers.

#19 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

I'm kind of an expert on consistently being bad at this game yet still climbing the tiers but your OP doesn't provide a whole lot of details to give us a starting point on how we might be of assistance. You don't show on Jarl's List so it may be that you just need to play more before deciding you're "stuck" or if you are where you ought to be.

Edited by Bud Crue, 26 January 2019 - 02:58 PM.

#20 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:59 PM

Based on your current match score average for this season? Quite a while.

You need to address your impact on each game, which right now, is low. You need to work on staying alive more which is basic skills like torso twisting, map awareness and definately no YOLO Diving on mechs. This will lead to a better KDR and overall match performance which is how you affect wins.

Either that or your new account is just and alt and this is a troll post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users