Hot Patch And Disable Rotary Cannons Asap.

16 replies to this topic

#1 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

Seriously Rotary cannons were were OP before.. now with the exploit they are even more broken and should be disabled from the game until you guys come up with a fix.

Edited by Tripzter, 29 January 2019 - 07:58 PM.

#2 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

RAC's are not OP... if you twist they do next to nothing in damage and when they jam you turn back and blast the crap outta the RAC Pilot. RAC's like Machineguns generally fear people into dying, causing them to panic and make stupid mistakes. If you twist back and forth for either they do next to nothing to you. The difference with Machineguns is there is no jam so they are more of a threat than the RAC.

#3 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:02 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 29 January 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

RAC's are not OP... if you twist they do next to nothing in damage and when they jam you turn back and blast the crap outta the RAC Pilot. RAC's like Machineguns generally fear people into dying, causing them to panic and make stupid mistakes. If you twist back and forth for either they do next to nothing to you. The difference with Machineguns is there is no jam so they are more of a threat than the RAC.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Please refer to this thread:
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6218534

@OP, if you think someone is exploiting the RAC macro bug, just report them, PGI's stance is that's exploiting game mechanics and is a bannable offence.

Edited by Vxheous, 29 January 2019 - 08:03 PM.

#4 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

Game now shows server downtime on 1/30/19 for maintenance. Perhaps a hotfix is incoming?

#5 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

View PostVxheous, on 29 January 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

@OP, if you think someone is exploiting the RAC macro bug, just report them, PGI's stance is that's exploiting game mechanics and is a bannable offence.

i've come across probably dozen mechs just today. It's easy to tell when people are exploiting since the weapons are firing completely out of sync.

#6 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:08 PM

View PostVxheous, on 29 January 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. Please refer to this thread:
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6218534

Yes I do, its my opinion, and I definately know about my opinion.

#7 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 29 January 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

With the RACro they can fire much longer before jamming with less heat and do at least 25% more dps. Twisting doesn't help nearly as much against the exploit.

Edited by Brauer, 29 January 2019 - 08:15 PM.

#8 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 29 January 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

So you're aware there's a bug that increases how much damage RACs put out while basically negating RAC ghost heat? That 5 RAC 2 assaults can basically instagib other assaults in about 3 seconds of sustained fire?
Normally I would agree with you, RACs are annoying, but you can twist and negate eating all that damage to one component and laugh as they fill up their heat bar/jam bar, but that's not the case right now.

Edited by Vxheous, 29 January 2019 - 08:16 PM.

#9 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

RACs are not OP in their base form. Effective, but not OP.

It's the macro that pushes them over the top. PGI should ideally find a mechanical coding fix that eliminates the macro benefit without harming the effectiveness of legit non-macro RACs.

If my non-cheat RAC/2s get nerfed, I'm gonna, I'm gonna...uh...do something really bad! Posted Image

Edited by FupDup, 29 January 2019 - 08:25 PM.

#10 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

View PostFupDup, on 29 January 2019 - 08:15 PM, said:

PGI should ideally find a mechanical coding fix

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

#11 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

View PostFireStoat, on 29 January 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.

A drastic but potentially viable option might be to make RAC firing be based on a very very short cooldown rather than the RoF mechanic that MGs use. That might be easier than fixing whatever bug exists with the RoF mechanic (which seems to show its ugly face every now and then).

#12 Tripzter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:35 PM

The weapon should be removed from the game until the fix is done.

#13 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:40 PM

View PostBrauer, on 29 January 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

With the RACro they can fire much longer before jamming with less heat and do at least 25% more dps. Twisting doesn't help nearly as much against the exploit.

I was refering to RAC's not the macro... the OP said RAC's were OP. My opinion is they are not.

View PostVxheous, on 29 January 2019 - 08:14 PM, said:

So you're aware there's a bug that increases how much damage RACs put out while basically negating RAC ghost heat? That 5 RAC 2 assaults can basically instagib other assaults in about 3 seconds of sustained fire?
Normally I would agree with you, RACs are annoying, but you can twist and negate eating all that damage to one component and laugh as they fill up their heat bar/jam bar, but that's not the case right now.

Again I was referring to the OP's comment that RAC's were OP. I was not referring to the Macro Cheat. I stick by my opinion that RAC's are not OP. However now I understand your point of view on the response, seeing as several people thought I was referring to the Macro Cheat. Yes that Macro Cheat or in my opinion, any macro using is bogus.

Edited by GeminiWolf, 29 January 2019 - 08:42 PM.

#14 eminus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 604 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:55 PM

Posted Image

#15 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:49 PM

Like FupDup suggested, change sustained fire weapons like RACs to have 0.1s refire instead of sustained fire, which amounts to the same DPS. The macro exploit will no longer work, as the affected weapons will all use the same mechanics as every other weapon which the macro exploit does not presently work for.

Problem solved. The people who were crutching on it will cry, and everyone else will smile, and life will be good.

#16 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 29 January 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Like FupDup suggested, change sustained fire weapons like RACs to have 0.1s refire instead of sustained fire, which amounts to the same DPS. The macro exploit will no longer work, as the affected weapons will all use the same mechanics as every other weapon which the macro exploit does not presently work for.

Problem solved. The people who were crutching on it will cry, and everyone else will smile, and life will be good.

Another side-effect would be that now cooldown quirks would affect RACs. Posted Image

#17 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

[mod]PGI statement pertaining to this topic can be found at
https://mwomercs.com...34#entry6218534

This thread has been closed.[/mod]

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users