44 replies to this topic

#1 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:58 AM

MS can beat comp teams because the comp teams don't know team strategy. Stupid comp noobs.
http://clips.twitch...ndwichDendiFace

Edited by McGoat, 05 February 2019 - 06:58 AM.

#2 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

Div C comp teams?

#3 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:53 AM

As hilarious as it sounds its probably true. Excluding like emp and eon and stuff, the guys that would just win by sheer skill gap because they hog the best 30 players in the game, most div B, C, D, E comp teams would get smoked in FP, even by less skilled FP teams because they never play the mode. They only play QP and practice the WC/BFM/MRBC format, and most of them aren't even that good at it, but still consider themselves "comp teams"

#4 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:53 AM

Mod please close this thread... we already have a MS rumor thread.

#5 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:16 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 05 February 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

As hilarious as it sounds its probably true. Excluding like emp and eon and stuff, the guys that would just win by sheer skill gap because they hog the best 30 players in the game, most div B, C, D, E comp teams would get smoked in FP, even by less skilled FP teams because they never play the mode. They only play QP and practice the WC/BFM/MRBC format, and most of them aren't even that good at it, but still consider themselves "comp teams"

Like I said to Rags, there's nothing difficult about FP that makes it some special game mode. I do agree though, that the lower div teams would likely struggle (they also struggle in GQ, so again nothing special) - but keep in mind MS seeded DivC, that's their experience. Mix that with the delusions of being able to beat better teams and... You get pure silliness.
There are a few DivB teams that you guys play regularly that are not often sweeps - you might win but it isn't a smash, and the evl/bcmc group is the better group that consistently drops.

Edited by McGoat, 05 February 2019 - 08:19 AM.

#6 Lotspeech

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 05 February 2019 - 08:16 AM, said:

Like I said to Rags, there's nothing difficult about FP that makes it some special game mode. I do agree though, that the lower div teams would likely struggle (they also struggle in GQ, so again nothing special) - but keep in mind MS seeded DivC, that's their experience.

Yes we were seeded Div C however i dont think you can look at the results of that Div and say it was a good placement

#7 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:44 AM

View Postkamichiwa343, on 05 February 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Yes we were seeded Div C however i dont think you can look at the results of that Div and say it was a good placement

As an outsider looking at it, it seems like a good placement to me. You guys had a tight set against 228th's C team to win the division. You lost a match to them and had a couple of other close matches that you easily could have lost in that set.

No offense to 228th DFA, but there are teams that are significantly better than they are and having a tight set against them shows that you weren't a top tier comp team.

I've played a lot of comp and a lot of FP. There's nothing in FP that good comp teams can't do and high level comp play requires more teamwork and strategy than FP. The idea that good comp teams couldn't play FP because they lack teamwork is ridiculous.

Pug stomping, gen rushing, dropship camping (under your own DS), and long wait times are some of the many reasons that comp teams stopped playing FP.

#8 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 11:51 AM

Like I said to Rags, there's nothing difficult about FP that makes it some special game mode. I do agree though, that the lower div teams would likely struggle (they also struggle in GQ, so again nothing special) - but keep in mind MS seeded DivC, that's their experience. Mix that with the delusions of being able to beat better teams and... You get pure silliness.
There are a few DivB teams that you guys play regularly that are not often sweeps - you might win but it isn't a smash, and the evl/bcmc group is the better group that consistently drops.

Remind me the last div B team that beat us in faction play that was not a base cap or gen rush? I don’t mean 4 of us I mean full strength 12 man all evils. The only time it’s close is if we’re attacking on a pretty defensible map. You have to keep in mind even in 12 mans there might be only 4-8 evils at a time. We do play with a lot of other players from outside are evil group. That being said I am mentally preparing to get my head kicked in at Comp in a month.

#9 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

Gotta agree with Xip on this one. As one of the guys that decided the Div C placement - I think overall it went quite well to be honest. If the division win came down to the last set that's perfect. Also CH, coming in last place, gave MS a solid run in their set of matches. Very tight scoreline.

You can't just look at the end result and say it was not good placement if there was a bunch of reasonably tight matches in the season (irrespective of final scoreline). MS took the win, well done to them. Was it a steamroll of the division though? Not really.

Anyway lets wait for the FP updates and hopefully another Tukkayid event to celebrate. Might see a few more comp teams out and about in FP. I wonder how they will fare against these season Faction Play strategists! Posted Image (but then ISEN is copying MS crab rushes, so maybe there is some merit to it?)

I mean a 5man (maybe we were 6? I forget) EmP drop with a bunch of PUGs was enough to make a ~10 man of MS hide behind their Drop Zone on Alpine couple months back. So I guess that sets that scene. #stirthepotabit

Edited by justcallme A S H, 05 February 2019 - 12:39 PM.

#10 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, we actually saw a 228th 8-man dropping a few nights ago - I told them in All chat "We thought you guys didn't play FP Any more!?"

Good to see those guys in the queue again. Honestly activity in Faction Play is in a bit of an upswing right now and there is a lot of fun to be had. If some more comp guys come back and play then that is better for the mode.

#11 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 05 February 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

Remind me the last div B team that beat us in faction play that was not a base cap or gen rush? I don’t mean 4 of us I mean full strength 12 man all evils. The only time it’s close is if we’re attacking on a pretty defensible map. You have to keep in mind even in 12 mans there might be only 4-8 evils at a time. We do play with a lot of other players from outside are evil group. That being said I am mentally preparing to get my head kicked in at Comp in a month.

Pretty sure I did not say they beat anything, I said you didn't smash them.

Also, there is no 12 man "EVIL" so that's a silly metric to use.

You also need to consider that not any of those div b + teams take FP seriously and often times drop in memes. You guys give it your best each drop, because it's what you like to do and it's your favorite mode to play.

Edited by McGoat, 05 February 2019 - 12:53 PM.

#12 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:26 PM

View PostMcGoat, on 05 February 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

You also need to consider that not any of those div b + teams take FP seriously and often times drop in memes. You guys give it your best each drop, because it's what you like to do and it's your favorite mode to play.

Well i guess will find out in about a month when we play their game. Kinda sad your making excuses for them with “they bring meme decks” when you know full well we do as well.

#13 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:33 PM

I'm not making excuses for anyone, I'm pointing out that your idea of the landscape is not the full picture.

Also, I actually don't know anything about that group dropping "memes" - even when folks agree you still get people who just can't bring themselves to not club the seals to their fullest and drop max effort decks.

FP is what it is, but don't confuse its playstyle for anything else. If everyone cared and tried you'd see a difference, but... No one cares. 9/10 drops they're playing vs the same bots you are, they just are happy to do completely stupid things and laugh while doing so.

Edited by McGoat, 05 February 2019 - 01:36 PM.

#14 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

View PostMcGoat, on 05 February 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

I'm not making excuses for anyone, I'm pointing out that your idea of the landscape is not the full picture.

Also, I actually don't know anything about that group dropping "memes" - even when folks agree you still get people who just can't bring themselves to not club the seals to their fullest and drop max effort decks.

FP is what it is, but don't confuse its playstyle for anything else. If everyone cared and tried you'd see a difference, but... No one cares. 9/10 drops they're playing vs the same bots you are, they just are happy to do completely stupid things and laugh while doing so.

I am so gonna put you in a headlock next time I see you Posted Image

#15 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

This thread is embarrassing.

#16 SHIN BRODAMA

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • Warrior - Point 2
  • 67 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 05 February 2019 - 03:36 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 05 February 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

This thread is embarrassing.

No it's beautiful

#17 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:23 PM

There's nothing difficult, but there are some differences in mentality that can affect a comp/qp players effectiveness in FP, mostly due to the 4 waves, plus unfamiliarity with the maps/modes, picking drop deck in 1 minute (many set a drop deck before the map/mode is known and just leave it like that), etc. I find a lot of "comp players" even some higher end ones tend to struggle with the idea that they have more than one mech per drop, and play much more cagey than they should protecting their 1st mech, trying their best to shield with allies like in qp, and end up 2 waves behind the rest of their team all the time.

I mean the differences between a 4v4/6v6/8v8/12v12 drop and a 48v48 drop are there, plus some different maps, if you only play one and never the other, you will be better at one than the other. This is true in reverse too, many players that play FP only really struggle in QP/GQ/comp, There are some teams in FP that even strong QP/comp players have a tough time with, but would get laughed out of comp.

Either way we won't really know unless more comp teams play FP, though I suspect div A and some div B teams would wreck everything, but other div B/C and lower would seriously struggle unless facing pugs. Don't forget, there might be a couple super teams that hold the vast majority of best players in the game in comp, but there are also dozens of average teams that call themselves "comp teams"

#18 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:54 PM

View PostMcGoat, on 05 February 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

Some of us meme harder than others :)

#19 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2019 - 12:55 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 05 February 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

MS can beat comp teams because the comp teams don't know team strategy. Stupid comp noobs.
http://clips.twitch...ndwichDendiFace

Looks like MS is not even able to put a working link in the forum. Posted Image

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 06 February 2019 - 12:57 AM.

#20 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 February 2019 - 01:26 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 05 February 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

There's nothing difficult, but there are some differences in mentality that can affect a comp/qp players effectiveness in FP, mostly due to the 4 waves, plus unfamiliarity with the maps/modes, picking drop deck in 1 minute (many set a drop deck before the map/mode is known and just leave it like that), etc. I find a lot of "comp players" even some higher end ones tend to struggle with the idea that they have more than one mech per drop, and play much more cagey than they should protecting their 1st mech, trying their best to shield with allies like in qp, and end up 2 waves behind the rest of their team all the time.

I mean the differences between a 4v4/6v6/8v8/12v12 drop and a 48v48 drop are there, plus some different maps, if you only play one and never the other, you will be better at one than the other. This is true in reverse too, many players that play FP only really struggle in QP/GQ/comp, There are some teams in FP that even strong QP/comp players have a tough time with, but would get laughed out of comp.

Either way we won't really know unless more comp teams play FP, though I suspect div A and some div B teams would wreck everything, but other div B/C and lower would seriously struggle unless facing pugs. Don't forget, there might be a couple super teams that hold the vast majority of best players in the game in comp, but there are also dozens of average teams that call themselves "comp teams"

Ok now im interested.

I want to see these comp teams in FP...some competition should be nice for everyone.

But i take Yondu in my team Posted Image
Or better: A Best of FP-Team vs. a comp team

Edited by Bishop Six, 06 February 2019 - 01:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users