#41 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:07 PM

View PostFupDup, on 05 February 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Damn those guys are fast. Smurfys is definitely starting to fall by the wayside. All they need now is to let us make custom mechs and it would be perfect.

EDIT: And the ghost heat limits for all weapons, that's basically the only other thing they lack that Smurfys has.

Last I heard Smurfy is letting it auto update. If it isn't in the game it won't be on the site.
:) The other guy is clearly manually inputting it.

#42 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

As much as I usually like the IIC variants, this one is definitely a "Wait for C-bills" situation for me. I mean the standard pack has two variants that can't mount larger than a 235 engine. Hell I rarely will use an Assault mech that can't break 60 kph so I am sure as hell not running a 65 ton mech at 58.5 kph. Worse the only one that does allow for a decent speed, only has ballistics. There is really nothing I couldn't build on it that I could do 10x better on a Madcat IIC or Direwolf.

Honestly based on the engine caps and potential build out options, the only variant I would be interested in RFL-IIC-A which has both a decent engine cap and load out potential. Hell wanted to like the Hero but again 235 engine cap so nope.

So yeah, wait for them to be out for C-bills, buy a single "A" variant and get my Rifleman IIC fix satisfied.

Edited by Angel of Annihilation, 05 February 2019 - 05:27 PM.

#43 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:28 PM

Its just gonna be too slow on all but the 2 variants that have the 315 engine cap. 58kph isnt fast enough for a 65 ton mech to survive. So its a slower jager with clan tech? The one in the reinforcment pack will be the star, hmmm, just like the MADCAT B was.

#44 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:31 PM

View PostKoniving, on 05 February 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

Last I heard Smurfy is letting it auto update. If it isn't in the game it won't be on the site.
Posted Image The other guy is clearly manually inputting it.

Yeah that is why I stopped using Smurfy and transferred over to MechDB. I always felt Smurfy was really missing out not adding the pre-release mechs into their database so that we could theorycraft builds. Hell that theorycrafting is what often makes or breaks the decision to pre-order a mech or not and it sucked to have to trying to find something with a similar layout on Smufy to sorta mock up an upcoming mech.

#45 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:44 PM

It'll probably be better than the Marauder II. The slow speed may not be quite so bad in FP where engagements can be a little more drawn out plus weight becomes important. Hey PGI, can you give us the option to get this pack with the MW5 preorder instead? :D

UAC 5 + 2xUAC 10 seems doable. That's pretty good for a 65 tonner. I did initially think it might fit the full 2x UAC 5 + 2x UAC 10 complement, but ammo would be short.

Edited by RickySpanish, 05 February 2019 - 05:58 PM.

#46 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:46 PM

Not sure about this one, it looks like it could be a decent mobile flak platform but there are no aerial vehicles to shoot in MWO, except for UAV's. In a single-player game I'd be all over it, but this is MWO, where mobility can be just as important as weapons.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#47 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 05 February 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

ftfy

Rifleman-IIC's loadout is gonna be nowhere near as big as that of Night Gyr's with bigger engine that people are asking for.

But yeah 48.6 kph is just laughable. I guess I'll babysit a Direwolf with it. :D

Edited by El Bandito, 05 February 2019 - 06:13 PM.

#48 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:07 PM

The crazy ******** actually gave it the 235 engine cap. I'm a little bit surprised.

#49 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:30 PM

Well two of the variants do have higher engine caps the 2 and the A have 315 cap, those two have some good builds that can go in them. Couple I have put together on MechDB had 4 or 6 LB-2x/UAC2/AC2( RFL-IIC-2), 2x LB-2x/UAC2/AC2, 2x ERLL, 2x ERML (RFL-IIC-A) both with a 315 XL.

#50 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:39 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 05 February 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

It'll probably be better than the Marauder II. The slow speed may not be quite so bad in FP where engagements can be a little more drawn out plus weight becomes important. Hey PGI, can you give us the option to get this pack with the MW5 preorder instead? Posted Image

UAC 5 + 2xUAC 10 seems doable. That's pretty good for a 65 tonner. I did initially think it might fit the full 2x UAC 5 + 2x UAC 10 complement, but ammo would be short.

Nope. Marauder II is IS. The Rifleman IIC is clan. The Marauder II will probably get massive armor quirks, heat quirks, range quirks, ballistic quirks, quirks on top of quirks, quirks to make the quirks work better and a few more quirks for added measure. Clan mechs get zero quirks, especially Clan mechs with high mounted weapons, especially, especially with high mounted ballistic weapons. Oh and lets not forget how much more agile IS mechs are than Clan mechs. The Marauder II will probably get mobility stats that would make a Night Gyr weep (since the Night Gyr at 75 tons, an advanced Clan design, gets mobility as bad or worse than 500 year old 90-95 ton IS designs, go figure) while the Rifleman IIC at 65 tons will be accelerating like a 95 year old grandma trying to get out of bed in the morning.

Edited by Angel of Annihilation, 05 February 2019 - 06:40 PM.

#51 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:55 PM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 05 February 2019 - 06:39 PM, said:

Nope. Marauder II is IS. The Rifleman IIC is clan. The Marauder II will probably get massive armor quirks, heat quirks, range quirks, ballistic quirks, quirks on top of quirks, quirks to make the quirks work better and a few more quirks for added measure. Clan mechs get zero quirks, especially Clan mechs with high mounted weapons, especially, especially with high mounted ballistic weapons. Oh and lets not forget how much more agile IS mechs are than Clan mechs. The Marauder II will probably get mobility stats that would make a Night Gyr weep (since the Night Gyr at 75 tons, an advanced Clan design, gets mobility as bad or worse than 500 year old 90-95 ton IS designs, go figure) while the Rifleman IIC at 65 tons will be accelerating like a 95 year old grandma trying to get out of bed in the morning.

That is actual bull. Mad Dog has some st armor quirks, plus the prime great set of 8 bonus, the Direwolf also got armor quirks not as high as the Anni, but decent ones.

#52 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:58 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 05 February 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

That is actual bull. Mad Dog has some st armor quirks, plus the prime great set of 8 bonus, the Direwolf also got armor quirks not as high as the Anni, but decent ones.

Those are Omnimechs, not Battlemechs. Big difference, as they tend to be more fortunate in the quirkage department.

#53 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:32 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 05 February 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

This guy just had an MWO aneurysm. I know how bad you wanted this lol

My heart nearly skipped a beat when I saw the announcement. It was really out of the blue, since I thought PGI was gonna skip February because the Marauder II pre-order was extended. I'm really thankful they didn't go with the reseen design. Alex really nailed it as it looks to be honoring the traditional artwork. It's probably the best pre-birthday gift I've had in a long time tbh.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 05 February 2019 - 07:34 PM.

#54 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:58 PM

can't wait to shoot people in that pod when they can't even see me

#55 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 05 February 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

can't wait to shoot people in that pod when they can't even see me

I'm looking forward to seeing how long I can stand on it.

#56 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:03 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 05 February 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how long I can stand on it.

lmao, I think warhawk, fafnir and king crab are still gonna be the premier landing pads of mwo

#57 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:06 PM

Honestly, they need to give it an inherent targeting system as an integrated component to represent both the function and purpose of the Radar dome.

To have the size of the dome as baseline without the benefit provided by the larger profile would make it a bit of a non-starter.

#58 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:18 PM

Hideious, it looks like Squidward...
Posted Image

#59 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:18 PM

Lawl, this is going to be the start of #hatgate

#60 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

View PostFoxfire, on 05 February 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Honestly, they need to give it an inherent targeting system as an integrated component to represent both the function and purpose of the Radar dome.

To have the size of the dome as baseline without the benefit provided by the larger profile would make it a bit of a non-starter.

We might see quirks in similar vein to the IS Rifleman on the IIC. It's supposed to have a Garret D2J fire control system integrated in each of the variations so I suspect it's gonna get some range increase quirks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users