#1 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 February 2019 - 02:24 PM

Observation 1 in PTS:

When you get a fast lock with LOS, you can't break LOS or you will lose the lock immediately and enter a slow lock-on mode. even if the radar maintains a solid lock. In other words.

You can't jump up get a lock, and fire a volley... you'll lose the lock the moment you get behind cover.

Two scenarios that happen often:

1- You get a lock with LOS and fire your missiles, 90% through the way the target gets behind a small obstacle for a fraction of a second and thats a wasted volley

2- You get an indirect lock, you fire, then the target moves into your LOS and back into cover and thats again a wasted volley

WHY THIS IS NOT TESTED BEFORE RELEASE?

#2 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Here is a video:

#3 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:17 PM

Gotta love it when things go smoothly internally and break right out the gate...Posted Image

Naturally this is not intended. (We don't call it a smoke test for nothing.)

Working with the team to investigate, and naturally I'm going to push to try to get a new build kicked off ASAP once we fix this one up since this makes testing a challenge. For now, just know it's not intended and will be looked into.

#4 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the confirmation... In the meantime, spread values seem to be acting consistently... I'll test those further.

#5 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:31 PM

Question: Are you running Target decay?
Cause yeah thats funky

If your not running target decay.
Shouldn't the lock be lost completely once LOS is broken.
Unless a team mate is maintaining lock of course

My Thoughts

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 06 February 2019 - 03:31 PM.

#6 Alvst

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:40 PM

Idk. https://imgur.com/a/wm5FtkW (second half - you can clearly see not direct lrms hitting mech after "lost lock". Lock isn't lost, its just animation. After getting full target decay you can fire not direct lrm's rigt after indicator switched from red to white and still hit the target with 3 stages of chainfire or more. Why are you not shooting? Its a test of lrm behavor and ammo is free.

#7 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:45 PM

View PostAlvst, on 06 February 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

Idk. https://imgur.com/a/wm5FtkW (second half - you can clearly see not direct lrms hitting mech after "lost lock". Lock isn't lost, its just animation. After getting full target decay you can fire not direct lrm's rigt after indicator switched from red to white and still hit the target with 3 stages of chainfire or more. Why are you not shooting? Its a test of lrm behavor and ammo is free.

Going to need confirmation on this. Remember, missiles will track to the last position they where locking in on when they lost the lock.

So against a static target, they will still track to the target since they are still tracking to the last position they had a lock. This is something that will need to be confirmed against a moving target. Still have my queue wheel waiting for when enough people get in to drop into a match.

#8 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:09 PM

Can confirm... Lock-on reticle is bugged.

Lock is maintained.

#9 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

Is this all from testing ground testing only at the moment? If possible, need to test in live / private matches to see if that remedies, or complicates this particular issue.

#10 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 February 2019 - 04:36 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 06 February 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Is this all from testing ground testing only at the moment? If possible, need to test in live / private matches to see if that remedies, or complicates this particular issue.

Couldn't find a match even after 30 minutes... will gather a bunch and try later in a lobby.

#11 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 06 February 2019 - 05:01 PM

Hmm, that's a bug?

I actually think that it's a nice touch, it's something to keep them looking out, so that you can't just look out for grabbing locks, and then go back into cover and began shooting in IDF to circumvent the locking penalties.

EDIT:

I tried it, and the relocking sequence when getting behind cover is faster than getting a complete lock starting from cover.

I still feel that it's a nice touch, but after further tries such as pop-tarting, I feel that it's a bit intrusive. It also makes it easy to destabilize locks, which is an additional weakness for the homing users and ammunition for the targets, so I would be best to do away with.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 06 February 2019 - 05:41 PM.

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 February 2019 - 02:05 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 06 February 2019 - 03:31 PM, said:

Shouldn't the lock be lost completely once LOS is broken.
Unless a team mate is maintaining lock of course
Far as I know, it should be persisting for about 2.25s if there's no target decay on your target (cf https://mwomercs.com...83#entry4936783 ) unless that changed since.

#13 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 06:53 PM

Just an update on this front, Solution to this issue created a different issue Posted Image So we are currently looking into fixing this up and hopefully getting a new build out by what is looking like Monday now that should have this addressed. Will update when we have more info.

So for those that where looking to test over the weekend, the primary issue on PTS right now appears to only be a UI / Animation issue where when you go into cover, you still retain the lock, but it appears as if you are still midway through acquiring a lock.

We are still collecting feedback on everything else being tested, so we will continue to have the PTS open over the weekend up until we have a new build with a solution to this ready to test.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to test so far.

#14 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 07 February 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Just an update on this front, Solution to this issue created a different issue Posted Image So we are currently looking into fixing this up and hopefully getting a new build out by what is looking like Monday now that should have this addressed. Will update when we have more info.

So for those that where looking to test over the weekend, the primary issue on PTS right now appears to only be a UI / Animation issue where when you go into cover, you still retain the lock, but it appears as if you are still midway through acquiring a lock.

We are still collecting feedback on everything else being tested, so we will continue to have the PTS open over the weekend up until we have a new build with a solution to this ready to test.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to test so far.

Thank you for the follow up.

In the new build can you please reduce ALL LRM Direct Fire spreads by at least 20% base value?

To make them act, at the very least like the current LRM on live in terms of spread and focused damage.

Edited by Navid A1, 07 February 2019 - 10:18 PM.

#15 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 07 February 2019 - 10:53 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 07 February 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

In the new build can you please reduce ALL LRM Direct Fire spreads by at least 20% base value?

To make them act, at the very least like the current LRM on live in terms of spread and focused damage.

I'd rather they just made the live-version the PTS IDF spread, and then the DF spread is improved by 20% of that.

#16 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 07 February 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

I'd rather they just made the live-version the PTS IDF spread, and then the DF spread is improved by 20% of that.

Agreed.

the spread in IDF in PTS right now is as a wide as a planet, lol.

#17 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:15 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 07 February 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

I can't guarantee that we can get value changes in, but I'm going to try on my end. Our priority is to address any behavior related bugs that we are smoke testing with this feature such as this reported issue. Because of this, I can't introduce any additional variables until a stable solution is finalized for these lock-on behavior bugs. Or any further behavior bugs that might come up. If there is enough time to squeeze in some value changes prior to us kicking off the final build, I'll try to, but at this point I can't guarantee it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users