Get Rid Of Dc Penalities [disconnects]

52 replies to this topic

#41 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:27 PM

does anyone have the address to the NA server so i can traceroute it ?

#42 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

does this look right?? only thing that comes up Posted Image

#43 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:58 PM

View Postcernorama, on 14 February 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

like i said the issue only seems to come up during peak times.. i can play all day with zero issues. when peek times it is when i seem to have the issues.

What people trying to tell you, no one else is experiencing this problem during peak time, only you.

So, are you the only one internet consumer in you house? Could it be your family come back from work and start watching Netflix or something?
If not, peak time is named for a reason - plenty of people start using internet. If you ISP has not enough bandwidth then during peak time you will see overall latency increase. I had the same problem when my ping jumped from normal 230 to 350 during peak time.

Again, you are the only one experiencing regular disconnects. You can deny it as much as you want but the problem is in your connection to the servers.

#44 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:17 PM

SOLVED I THINK.. even after multiple calls to the ISP and talking to the tech and finding nothing, i was able to figure out what was going on .. the Modem was only bonding on 1 of the 4 upstream channels and cause Mechwarrior uses UDP it was choking on the upstream, since most of the other stuff uses TCP/IP it didn't effect the other things i did. so gonna test it and see if i am correct in my solution.

#45 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

update ..nope didn't fix the issue ..

#46 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:07 PM

DC happen most often when there there are more players on.. does that mean there are actually more people in general utilizing the net in general, hmmm...

Anyhow, online games in general, afaik utilizes UDP packats. TCP is a connection-oriented protocol with error checking that resend lost/damaged information when communicating back/forth while UDP is a connectionless protocol that simply sends and forget the packets.

What can happen though is if there is any sort of connectivity issue between MWO servers and your system that delays those packets, once released the router may view it as an attack and temp close that port, causing a DC. And dependent on which torrent you are utilizing (and running while playing MWO??) some use TCP while others use UDP. Usage of a UDP torrent could be exacerbating the issue.

And there are at least three connections happening during the game, the authorization server (mechlab, etc) then the actual combat server and TS server.

Clean boot, no torrents, just MWO.. Same then also utilize VPN (could potentially bypass problematic 3rd party servers or prevent those UDP flooding triggers from occurring). Again, this is more about testing different environments that are OUTSIDE your direct control.

#47 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:38 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 16 February 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

DC happen most often when there there are more players on.. does that mean there are actually more people in general utilizing the net in general, hmmm...

Anyhow, online games in general, afaik utilizes UDP packats. TCP is a connection-oriented protocol with error checking that resend lost/damaged information when communicating back/forth while UDP is a connectionless protocol that simply sends and forget the packets.

What can happen though is if there is any sort of connectivity issue between MWO servers and your system that delays those packets, once released the router may view it as an attack and temp close that port, causing a DC. And dependent on which torrent you are utilizing (and running while playing MWO??) some use TCP while others use UDP. Usage of a UDP torrent could be exacerbating the issue.

And there are at least three connections happening during the game, the authorization server (mechlab, etc) then the actual combat server and TS server.

Clean boot, no torrents, just MWO.. Same then also utilize VPN (could potentially bypass problematic 3rd party servers or prevent those UDP flooding triggers from occurring). Again, this is more about testing different environments that are OUTSIDE your direct control.

well i switched out my modem due to the 3 upstreams not working Friday and had 2 DC's that night right after but didn't DC at all yesterday and so far so good today. also i don't run Torrents while playing at the same time.

Edited by cernorama, 17 February 2019 - 10:39 AM.

#48 Dresari Iain

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 31 posts
  • LocationStranded on the sands of Bone-Norman

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:22 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 09 February 2019 - 11:40 AM, said:

Thats weird dude, I'm sure someone else will chime in with some ideas.

I play on cell internet, and my computer is about 10 years old now. I7 990X, 8gb ram, GTX 480. I only get disconnected if my cell phone overheats while tethered, crash once maybe every 200 games or so.

Not bragging on that by any means, but I don't know many people with worse setups than mine.

You got a GTX. I swear there's plenty of peopel playing on Intel integrated, GT9400s, R5s. You got an old gaming rig. It's still a gaming PC and the game isn't released this year so you should be good. How many FPS I Wonder?

#49 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:08 PM

View PostGrus, on 10 February 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Upgrade your PC, internet, w/e. Stop dropping and making 11 other people have to be at a disadvantage for 25 minutes...
not everyone can fix that, also it takes more than 2 minutes to reconnent meaning it's usually useless to even try to reconnect..

I'm tired of this as well....

Edited by KursedVixen, 19 March 2019 - 08:10 PM.

#50 Viktor Xen

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

I'm inclined to agree with the OP. I'm a legendary founder- and I have seen many many people DC in matches for years- yet amazingly other games only exhibit dropped players on rare occasions. The number of people with the "I don't have a problem, so you're wrong" attitude amazes me, especially since this has been apparent to me since beta. I have had issues on occasion too- with no hardware or software changes after playing fine for months.... and always only exhibited in this title, exactly as the OP noted. Seriously, everyone. If all other things run fine, and the MWO client does not for so many- stop blaming anyone who is asking for help in preventing this issue - they are trying to prevent the disconnects so we ALL can enjoy the game. Be constructive, please.

#51 CoffeeMonzter

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:03 AM

View PostDerek_Wildstar, on 11 February 2019 - 07:58 AM, said:

but none of my other devices/computers lag or DC and the comms are still connected even after i been completely booted out back to login (which tells me i am still connected to the VOIP server without issue, if it was my network both should cut out) .. don't think my network is the problem . it only happens with this game. none of my other ONLINE games do i have a issue.

same here. but i thimk i know what is going on.
i have 2 lines connected to my house. 500mbit/s direct cable to my pc and 300 to a wifi router for phones, tv etc..when i play on either of them i get dc just like you and then when i tried to use my phone as acces point to play on mobile internet i found that my isp uses diffrent nodes to route to game server than my phone does.
no other game reacts the way mwo does so probably some node between my isp and game server is ****** me over with timeouts or switching to another node.
playning on phone gets me 10-20 ms higher ping but no disco

Edited by CoffeeMonzter, 12 May 2019 - 10:04 AM.

#52 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:29 PM

I think the game servers addresses are visible in omicron.log :

<18:56:42> Connecting to game server: gameId=607408717127953, addr=5.135.129.220, port=20114
I have tested those IPs and the pings correspond to what i have in game.
It's only the game servers, there's probably others for voice.

During a match, MWO needs 136Kbits/s maximum (17Ko/s) when every player is alive, it goes down with each destroyed mech.

North America :
198.27.85.227 average ping : 85ms
198.27.85.228 average ping : 87ms
198.27.85.229 average ping : 86ms
one port used from 20011 to 20125

Europe :
5.135.129.220 average ping : 10ms
5.135.129.230 average ping : 10ms
one port used from 20002 to 20120

You can use WinMTR to check your connection. It's a tool used by many mmo and arpg players (diablo, Path of exile) to check their connection to game servers.

https://portableapps...winmtr_portable

The line to read first is the last one, where you will see your worst, average and best ping.
Then you can check the average column and see how it augments after each jump.

Don't worry if you see a line with 100% loss, it means that node does not respond to winmtr.
What is important is your worst and average ping on the last line.

Edited by MrVaad, 12 May 2019 - 01:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users