Bounties For Pilots

12 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:01 PM

Increased or Alternate rewards for killing specific pilots while they earn more rewards for playing as well.

If not specific pilots do whole factions, say all pilots loyalist or working for Davion killed will earn you 1 mc per kill or an extra 100k cbills would be an interesting twist. To boost faction "morale" or some such.

Any ideas?

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 10 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

Gosh I would love to collect on some bounties.

Where would the c-bills come from? If it comes from the players it would be a fun little exploit to transfer c-bills. Player_A puts a 10 million bounty on Player_B, so Player_C can kill Player_B and collect the bounty.

#3 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:08 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 10 February 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

Gosh I would love to collect on some bounties.

Where would the c-bills come from? If it comes from the players it would be a fun little exploit to transfer c-bills. Player_A puts a 10 million bounty on Player_B, so Player_C can kill Player_B and collect the bounty.

Well if we could get PGI to implement it it would be an official aspect of the game. If it was easy enough for them to do.

#4 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:14 PM

Screw it for just Solaris. Make it game wide. I'd eat that **** up. But you'd have to have some variables, though. I highly doubt you'd be able to get PGI to give away MC for it, unless it was a generic thing like "25 MC to any Kurita who brings down 25 Davions".

What would be great is player initiated bounties...and it'd be public. There'd have to be a bounty tab or something where players who want to do it intentionally go in and click that they're participating...and they'd see the "Makenzie71 has offered a 500 MC bounty to the first player to bring down Alcom Isst". But then I'd have to pay that bounty out of my own MC. I'd love it. It wouldn't be very long before you'd get dedicated bounty hunters, and very shortly after that bounty hunter hunters. What I'd really like to see if the poor guy who pisses off someone who has disposable income and gets a ridiculous bounty and ends up in a 23v1 pug match.

#5 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:54 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 11 February 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Screw it for just Solaris. Make it game wide. I'd eat that **** up. But you'd have to have some variables, though. I highly doubt you'd be able to get PGI to give away MC for it, unless it was a generic thing like "25 MC to any Kurita who brings down 25 Davions".

What would be great is player initiated bounties...and it'd be public. There'd have to be a bounty tab or something where players who want to do it intentionally go in and click that they're participating...and they'd see the "Makenzie71 has offered a 500 MC bounty to the first player to bring down Alcom Isst". But then I'd have to pay that bounty out of my own MC. I'd love it. It wouldn't be very long before you'd get dedicated bounty hunters, and very shortly after that bounty hunter hunters. What I'd really like to see if the poor guy who pisses off someone who has disposable income and gets a ridiculous bounty and ends up in a 23v1 pug match.

Oh yeah, this. This would be great!

#6 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:00 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 11 February 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Screw it for just Solaris. Make it game wide.

+1

Actually would be a big plus for faction loyalty. I got so little from being a Steiner loyalist for years, I don't hesitate jumping ship to join friends in FP (only reason to play FP in the first place) Giving accumulative rewards in Solaris, FP and QP would be a huge plus as it takes forever to earn anything in FP.

This is something that can also be implemented with the existing Sponsor system if it makes things any easier to pull off.

#7 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:20 PM

I like the idea.

For solaris it's seems ok. But you cannot apply a bounty system on qp/FP.

Beacause first who get the bounty : kill or kmdd? Or you spread the bounty between each people having assisted the kill?

If it's the first you are gonna to see people to wait for the last moment to deal the final blow which can just send team play in oblivion (just look when kills event appears

On the second case nearly the same thing but with rushing suicidal mechs (same just look how people reacts sometimes during event)

For the third, why not but does everyone who take 1 hit/ give 1 hit have to take a part of the cake?

And then now FP : which mech count for the reward? (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th?) or you split between the 4 mechs?

After same questionnement as in QP.

I think try to devellop a bit more if you want to see that in other modes than 1v1. (Beacause seriously it sounds great)

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:55 AM

View PostKhanBhacKeD, on 12 February 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

I like the idea.

For solaris it's seems ok. But you cannot apply a bounty system on qp/FP.

Beacause first who get the bounty : kill or kmdd? Or you spread the bounty between each people having assisted the kill?

If it's the first you are gonna to see people to wait for the last moment to deal the final blow which can just send team play in oblivion (just look when kills event appears

On the second case nearly the same thing but with rushing suicidal mechs (same just look how people reacts sometimes during event)

For the third, why not but does everyone who take 1 hit/ give 1 hit have to take a part of the cake?

And then now FP : which mech count for the reward? (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th?) or you split between the 4 mechs?

After same questionnement as in QP.

I think try to devellop a bit more if you want to see that in other modes than 1v1. (Beacause seriously it sounds great)

Nah you're looking at it like it should be fair and nice. It's a bounty. A bounty has never been placed to be nice. It should be given to the person who gets the kill, end of story. If you do 99% of the damage and someone else comes in and gets your bounty kill with a light tap...well, guess what the next bounty post is going to be.

#9 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 13 February 2019 - 05:48 AM

Yeah but some people are going to have bad habits withsomething like this. It can decrease the gameplay quality that's why I just ask everything. As I tell I like the idea but it should be well prepared if you want that to be applied in QP / FP.

Edited by KhanBhacKeD, 13 February 2019 - 09:45 AM.

#10 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:35 PM

Please add this as well as Solaris match betting. Both of these things seem fine, have the potential to stir the community pot (remember all the forum rants back when CW with planets and units was a thing?) and, guess what, are fully canon in Battletech Posted Image

#11 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 02:29 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 13 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Please add this as well as Solaris match betting. Both of these things seem fine, have the potential to stir the community pot (remember all the forum rants back when CW with planets and units was a thing?) and, guess what, are fully canon in Battletech Posted Image

That was MWO at it's best tbh.

#12 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:33 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 13 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Sounds doable and fun honestly

#13 TheHurp

• PipPip
  • Master Sergeant
  • Master Sergeant
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:45 PM

a bounty system does sound like fun if it were implemented game wide, i think outside of solaris the bounty should be split between the KMDD on the target and the kill shot, with a small bonus for a solo kill. perhaps surviving 5 matches could trigger the bounty system, with an increase for surviving another 3 or something, or if the bountied player gets 3+ kills or solo kills in a match. perhaps each tier could have it's own bounties, and when you move up the bounty on your own head carries over.

i just wonder if the players who are significantly better will end up benefiting from this more than the more average players since their ability give them an advantage to collect on whatever bounties there may be. we may see more lrming and sniping and less brawling than we have now though, unless maybe you have to kill the player with their own most commonly used weapon.

it's an interesting idea at the least though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users