#81 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 16 February 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

Still dosnt make it autoaim, next you will tell me point and click 'wack-a-mech' 2xhgauss is just CandyCrush for mechwarriors.

I thnk the magic is in the word "tracking" . LRMS and SRMs are Target tracking - hence, aiming for you . You need to hold reticule on Target to get a Lock, and need to hold reticule in the Box for the missile to keep on tracking - but notice how you do not actually aim at say the component(s) the missiles hit . I think the tracking even works if your reticule is not even ON our Targets mass/body, as long as it is inside the brackets ( not sure about though, as I almost never use those missiles ) .

#82 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 16 February 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

Still dosnt make it autoaim, next you will tell me point and click 'wack-a-mech' 2xhgauss is just CandyCrush for mechwarriors.

That requires tracking, leading, AND aiming. There is never a point where the weapon system does any of that for you, which is why it is not autoaim.

#83 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:14 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 16 February 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

That requires tracking, leading, AND aiming. There is never a point where the weapon system does any of that for you, which is why it is not autoaim.

Still dont agree with calling it autoaim but that aside I think your main concern may lay with clan streaks, the extra range on those and less weight far outweighs the slower refire time. Iv killed 'alot' of lights with streaks(and mediums, especially arctic wolves), but using IS streaks - and while there is no leading there is plenty of tracking for going after a upwards to 170kph minimech zigging and zagging long enough to get lock and maintain the lock is pretty damn far removed from autoaim and this is compounded significantly if they have ecm /and stealth armor.

#84 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

My flea has ssrm4 x2 :D

#85 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:52 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 16 February 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

I think your main concern may lay with clan streaks

My main concern is all forms of auto-aim. Regardless of who is using what.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users