Anyone Actually Found A Build For Bludgeon?

114 replies to this topic

#21 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

I'm not going to complain about a free Mech with a 30% C-Bill boost. I'm planning on playing it on the alt account in the following configuration, given that that account was a free to play experiment, and I have little in the way of assets...

375XL, Endo, Ferro
19x Double Heatsinks
4x Jump Jets
Near max armour

1x ATM 12 w/2.5 tons
5x Medium Pulse Laser
TC 1, Act. Probe, 1x AMS w/1 ton

I tried a bunch of different loadouts in the Mech Lab and found this to be the most interesting/mobile. We shall see how it responds to skill point investment. Other Mechs do other loadouts better, for certain, but I'll make the best of the freebie.

#22 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:41 PM

Uggh , it`s just not good at anything? It`s like getting socks for christmas. Yeah, thanks mom, but **** it.

#23 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:48 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 19 February 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Wow . You haters cannot even find any fun or use from a free hero mech . Big surprise . How about next time , just don't bother playing on the 27th Dec . You could have used that time to log in on your other game forums where you also enjoy moaning about nothing .

God mode mech request DENIED !

Man I remember being a lot more chipper than you when I was in T3! All the Warhammer needs are some ER PPC ghost heat quirks and it will suddenly have an absolutely excellent and unique role among clan 'Mechs. But hey, why do that when you can do nothing amirite? How are those machinegun quirks treating you lads?

#24 Loodacris

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:01 PM

Feel like with 5 energy and 1 missile any build has to go big on the missile. It's just too hot to use other big energy otherwise.

#25 jjm1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

Surely it should have a ER-PPC heat quirk or *something* to help it.

I've only done a couple of matches using unskilled 2 ER-PPCs, 3 MPLs, 1 SRM-6 and JJs.

With a weak alpha, weak DPS and no durability quirks to boot I feel I'll eventually have to homogenise it into another laser boat garage queen.

#26 Potatomasher69

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:52 PM

1 ERPPC in the Right Arm, 3 MPLs in the Torso, ATM12 in the RT and some Jumpyjets. I liked it.

#27 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:55 PM

View PostLoodacris, on 19 February 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

Feel like with 5 energy and 1 missile any build has to go big on the missile. It's just too hot to use other big energy otherwise.

Too hot? If anything, it has too much tonnage for the usual GH-limited laservomit builds.

#28 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:38 AM

I use 2ERLL+3MPL right now, still in testing phase..

What I seriously DON'T like about the mech is the high amount of unnecessary geometry that makes it very difficult to place decals on any of the nice places.

The back, for instance, is completely useless for decals, the arms are awkward, and the only viable decal areas are the side torsos, but not he shoulders..

It could have been toned down a bit..

And also, I've dubbed the mech "Hook Horror" - because of the ugly hooks it seems to have on the arms if it doesn't mount PPCs..

#29 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:31 AM

Im conferable with the largest xl, max amor

2 large pulse
3 medium pulse in the chest,
drop the jump jets

single srm6

good arm articulation

3 firing groups, left arm right arm and close range center

1.45 cooling efficient and a 55 alpha

#30 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:54 AM

2 ERPPC
2 LPL
4 JJ
Targeting Comp 1
350XL

Works for me.

#31 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:14 AM

Lasers or lasers+ATM feel sadly underwhelming. Will probably try 4xERPPC tomorrow, since I did see a bunch of people running that to good effect on the IIC and IIC-3... but I haven't tried 4xLPL either, and that could be okayish too. I haven't been having much luck with any of the energy variants, really. A lot of the things that seem like they should be great on it aren't because of the mobility issues... but that could work in Bludgeon's favor, I guess. The jets seem to offer just enough oomph to clear cover and fire, so at least it'll be able to hide faster than any other variant. It'd still have been much better with at least one ballistic point. Or even one more E or M.

Clan Wham is definitely a prime candidate for the entire frakking mobility tree. It feels like driving a cruise ship with a stuck rudder, which definitely doesn't help with its glass jaw.

Edited by WrathOfDeadguy, 20 February 2019 - 03:15 AM.

#32 Xeraphale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:07 AM

on a related note, is it likely that the bludgeon will be available for MC at some point?

#33 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:22 AM

yes, the other Holiday Bonus Heroes (SNS Vanguard, RGH Powerhouse) are available for MC.

#34 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:29 AM

I run my Warhawk with 4 Large Pulse Lasers and it is good fun. Problem on Warhammer BL is ranbow spread of hardpoints so you'd have torso and arm lasers.
Will see when I get home on Monday what I can do with it but for now I am looking at quad large lasers or quad heavy mediums with ATM12... we'll see....

View PostXeraphale, on 20 February 2019 - 04:07 AM, said:

on a related note, is it likely that the bludgeon will be available for MC at some point?

It will be, just like the Holiday Sunspider and Roughneck.

#35 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:36 AM

View PostPain G0D, on 19 February 2019 - 09:20 PM, said:

Wow . You haters cannot even find any fun or use from a free hero mech . Big surprise . How about next time , just don't bother playing on the 27th Dec . You could have used that time to log in on your other game forums where you also enjoy moaning about nothing .

God mode mech request DENIED !

Who’s asking for a “God mode mech”?
I’d just like one with a role.

Paul says every mech down to the variant level should have a role. Chris says all mechs should provide players with choices and equally viable builds.

The Bludgeon has no role that isn’t provided by other mechs. No build that can’t be done on other mechs, and as a Battletech has one of the more limited build potentials of any assault in the game.

Name one thing the Bludgeon can do that can’t be done better in a Hellbringer or even a Timber (if JJ’s are important to you). 5E + 1M on an 80 ton mech is just honestly kind of lame in the game as it is currently played. Yes, Chris might give it some magic quirks to make it more relevant or even just unique, and that will be just fine. But right now, in it’s current state. The mech is a waste of space for anyone not desperate for a C-bill bonus mech.

I appreciate the free mech, but for me it has more value as a mech bay than as a mech.

#36 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:49 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 20 February 2019 - 04:36 AM, said:

...Name one thing the Bludgeon can do that can’t be done better in a Hellbringer or even a Timber ...

4 x cerPPCs with JJs for mobility and 17+10=27 dhs

Hellbringer has no JJs nor can it have enough heatsinks, it struggles with 3erppc
Thimby has JJS but does not have enough DHS for 4 erPPCs
NightGyr has JJs but can not mount enough DHS
Garg, no JJs and not enough DHS
Warhawk, no JJs, better cooling but not so good mounts
MarauderIIc, mobility is even worst then Wammies

#37 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:56 AM

put four ppcs on mine but havent ran it yet. maybe it can replace the warhawk. we will see. alrernately i might take 2 off and replace with hlls, stick an erml in the head, and moar heat sinks.

#38 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:58 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 20 February 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

Hellbringer has no JJs nor can it have enough heatsinks, it struggles with 3erppc

Legit. But one can run a similar build on an MK-II or even god forbid a Kodiak-2, and probably other JJ mechs as well. I agree that at 80 tons this is an option, but have you tried it? Watching folks overheat left and right last night running this or 4LPLs was pretty much the norm (most common build I saw was 5MPL and an ATM12 for what ever that is worth).

Again if this is the role you deem this mech will provide you, then good for you, run it. I’m just saying that for me, and all the mechs I have, this thing provides nothing new and does nothing better than something I haven’t done on another mech before. Cest la. I’m happy to have the free bay and appreciate PGI giving out free stuff like this. I just don’t have a use for this mech and I suspect most others won’t either.

#39 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:00 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 20 February 2019 - 04:49 AM, said:

I don't think the fact it can mount up to four jumpjets makes up for the other areas where it is lacking. It's not exactly DOA, but it certainly isn't a powerhouse mech in its current state. I'd have to say that PGI played this one smart...releasing it in a rather underwhelming state, and allowing for the possibility of future improvements. It's certainly better than releasing it overpowered, and then nerfing it all to hell.

#40 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:07 AM

Its boring. When will we get that Pirate Mech? That one looks like something at least.
Horrible High Hardpoints!
Raining down one missile, one bullet and one laserbeam at a time.

Edited by Sergeant Destroy, 20 February 2019 - 05:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users