Anyone Actually Found A Build For Bludgeon?

114 replies to this topic

#61 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 February 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

i dont understand how qp is the most popular mode in the game, its like the cesspit of all the worst play styles in the game.

It is quick, you can drop solo, there is no elitism.

#62 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

strip everything off of it. use those things on actually decent mechs or sell them for spacebux.

#63 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,792 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:59 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 20 February 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

It is quick, you can drop solo, there is no elitism.

so what do you call all those stat padders throwing the team under the bus to jack up their kdr? if thats not elitism i dont know what is.

in fp you can drop solo (provided you have the desire to function as a group) and most of the elite units have long since disbanded.

Edited by LordNothing, 20 February 2019 - 09:00 AM.

#64 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:02 AM

I put together a quad erppc build for mine. Played only one match so far and did fairly well. I like it more than running the Warhawk with 4 erppc build, but it is just about the same though.

#65 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:57 AM

View PostKodyn, on 20 February 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

I quickly gave up on the one missile idea, as I was watching AMS pretty much delete anything coming out of one launcher. Instead I decided to treat my BL as a man-form, 5 ton heavier, slightly slower Timber. The old Timby build that I had the most success in was a simple 2x LPL + 3x ERML setup, 26 DHS. I tried that in the BL(+AMS and JJ) and it worked just fine, but switched up to a HLL version rather than the LPLs. With the HLLs I can fit 27 DHS for insane cooling, higher alpha and slightly longer poke range, while sacrificing some burn time. Seems to be putting out a bit higher damage per match, plus I needed an excuse to run Heavies on something.

Part of a post I had from another thread. I know it's nothing special, brings nothing new to the table, but I like the look and feel of the BL so far. I've had a hard time coming up with Clan Assault builds that meshed well with other, previous chassis for me, but this one just gels. I just treat it like a slightly slow heavy and it seems to work the way I want it to. I have a MAD-IIC and a BAS if I want a bigger, boatier Clan Assault, I have HBR and Timber for quicker, more versatile heavies. But I'm a merc, I love spacebucks, so having an Assault Hero that I can stand matters to me, and I am so far enjoying the BL. I think I'll like the IIC itself with more vomit better, but this is fine for now.

Edited by Kodyn, 20 February 2019 - 10:58 AM.

#66 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:12 AM

4xerppcs or 4xlargepulses either with or without jjs. I chose the ppcs and 4 jumpjets and the heat is not that bad, its about as bad as my Warhawk was without skills and runs at the same 64.8 kph. Can fire off all my weapons 2-2 before needing to cool back to atleast 50 heat before i can fire 2 of my weapons again.

#67 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

Clan zombie is working for me as a decent brawler:

325 Standard engine, with full armor, 2 LPLs, 3 MPLs, Laser AMS, Targeting Computer I, and the rest of the tonnage for DHSs.

#68 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:22 AM

It's not that it's bad. It's just that it's not better than existing meta builds is what I'm getting. I think to be fair we've reached a saturate point where it's going to be hard to see new mechs outdo established meta mechs. But for everyone else, especially those that don't have nearly every mech in the game. They'll probably get some use out of it.

#69 Variant1

• 1,148 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:37 AM

stock is pretty good, but i would change the ppcs for either large lasers or pulse lasers for more shooting.

#70 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

For the quad PPC role, its better than the warhawk only for the higher hardpoints. It cannot carry anymore heat sinks really, and its less durable, and has worse PPC quirks. Its also got lower agility #, and no structural quirks.

#71 Mumuharra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:14 PM

View PostKodyn, on 20 February 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Part of a post I had from another thread. I know it's nothing special, brings nothing new to the table, but I like the look and feel of the BL so far. I've had a hard time coming up with Clan Assault builds that meshed well with other, previous chassis for me, but this one just gels. I just treat it like a slightly slow heavy and it seems to work the way I want it to. I have a MAD-IIC and a BAS if I want a bigger, boatier Clan Assault, I have HBR and Timber for quicker, more versatile heavies. But I'm a merc, I love spacebucks, so having an Assault Hero that I can stand matters to me, and I am so far enjoying the BL. I think I'll like the IIC itself with more vomit better, but this is fine for now.

And that is exactly the point with all the new mechs.
„They bring nothing new to the table.“
Ths WHM II Holliday is nice but nothing more.

When I remember when the clans were fresh or the IS got theire mega quirks (Huggin, LBX Centurion and so on).
Maybe not perfectly balanced (but who really wants this) but perfectly fun and DIFFERENT.
Yes, sometimes the old time really were better.
And I am no hater. I still play and love MWO but just less often and with my existing 100+ mechs.

Edited by Mumuharra, 20 February 2019 - 12:27 PM.

#72 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 February 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

For the quad PPC role, its better than the warhawk only for the higher hardpoints. It cannot carry anymore heat sinks really, and its less durable, and has worse PPC quirks. Its also got lower agility #, and no structural quirks.

The way i see it it boils down in the end as apples to oranges. If someone performs better with one of them then obviously they should use that one instead of forcing themselves to use the other one.

#73 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

I have been using 5 med pulse lasers and an ATM 12 . The heat is excellent . The noob pawning is satisfactory .

#74 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:52 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 February 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

so what do you call all those stat padders throwing the team under the bus to jack up their kdr?

*******. I call them *******. Openly ingame in allchat I call them out for their stupidity, griefing and delaying matches for upwards of 10 minutes. And then serve them a report for nonparticipation.

#75 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 20 February 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

I have been using 5 med pulse lasers and an ATM 12 . The heat is excellent . The noob pawning is satisfactory .

You really must be owning noobs if you are doing it with the loadout of a medium 'Mech.

#76 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:46 PM

I've tried 4xLPLs, 4xERPPCs, 2xLPL + 3xERML, and varying combinations of the latter with SRMs, LRMs, and ATMs, plus all manner of engines, AMS, jump jets, and heatsinks. All of them were meh at best and possibly the worst mech I have at worst. I'm going to hold onto it for the moment and see if PGI makes any changes to it, but otherwise it's shelved.

#77 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

yeah, so after giving it a true test run with different builds i say the hero warhammer-2c is lousy at best, DOA at worst.

The best game ive had in it was ~800 dmg and that was running 4 LPLs, a build that is by no means meta, but about the only thing i could thing of putting on it that wasnt unworkable and didnt rely on ultra-niche ATMs (a single AMS and your ATM-12 is worthless). The mech has tonnage and its hitboxes are at least workable, but it cant shield worth its life (bad agility) coupled with very very weak hardpoint choices (none of the variants come close to the mad2c which isnt top tier, but has way more viable meta builds available). At this point ill gladly hop in my IS warhammer which is actually a solid performer with both dakka and gauss vomit setups, and i get to puke out 60-70 damage per exposure depending on build along with better agility to let me shield the CT.

Honestly the ONLY thing that can save it is something like +2 ERPPC HSL, but knowing how broken 4 PPCs would be on a clam mech regardless, i dont ever see that happening.

Edited by panzer1b, 20 February 2019 - 05:43 PM.

#78 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:47 PM

View Postpanzer1b, on 20 February 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

Honestly the ONLY thing that can save it is something like +2 ERPPC HSL, but knowing how broken 4 PPCs would be on a clam mech regardless, i dont ever see that happening.

It's also not going to happen because HSL quirks are only given to stock loadouts that would trigger ghost heat. The stock Whalehammer IIC only carries two CERPPCs, so asking for it to get a quirk to shoot four of them has no basis.

The only current mech that has any logic for such a quirk is the Warhawk Prime (which does actually carry quad CERPPCs stock but it would probably be too stronk with that quirk).

#79 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:59 PM

Defenetely DOA, i just pulled out a bloody linebacker of all things and solod 3 warhammers in it while tanking all their fire...

Granted 6 MPL linebacker aint bad at all, but if dat can kaput so many warhammers then they are DOA.

#80 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 20 February 2019 - 04:36 AM, said:

I’d just like one with a role.
Paul says every mech down to the variant level should have a role. Chris says all mechs should provide players with choices and equally viable builds.
The Bludgeon has no role that isn’t provided by other mechs. No build that can’t be done on other mechs, and as a Battletech has one of the more limited build potentials of any assault in the game.

Still has a role.
I would seriously doubt we would see any new mechs actually provide a role that cannot already be done by another mech in the game. Maybe just in another weight class or perhaps done slightly differently due to loadout. unlikely though as those bases have been covered pretty thoroughly now.
Maybe some subtle shifts in what might be considered top tier due to slightly better hitboxes or hardpoint locations combined with number of hardpoints in those locations.... slightly different quirks perhaps.
There will also be no dramatic alteration of the game play with any new mechs added for the same reasons.
We just have so many options now.

It's still nice to see the new mechs simply for the redesigns and everyone has something they want to see in game because it was a favourite for reasons X, Y and Z.
It's also good for newer players who have missed out on previous pre-releases who would like to get early access on a new mech and some of the extra glitter that goes along with it.

To expand into new roles and alter game play to any degree we would probably have to push a few boundaries.
The Cyclops is an example of a mech that dipped it's toe into a command role through it's sensor buff for allies. Maybe that's an area that hasn't been explored as much as it could be. Should be linked to equipment in some way though.
Otherwise I would think we would have to look into things like the quad mechs, elementals and combined arms to really alter the game experience.

Edited by 50 50, 20 February 2019 - 06:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users