Anyone Actually Found A Build For Bludgeon?

114 replies to this topic

#41 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:11 AM

It's amazing some of the comments in here about the alpha and armor and the quirks. No wonder lights have been nerfed into the ground. Ya'll want super assaults. Posted Image

#42 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:18 AM

YEAh i want that ONE super ASSAult. And im pretty sure all you MechNerds want one.
It needs at least 3 ultra acs/ rotaries and 2 srm sixers.

Edited by Sergeant Destroy, 20 February 2019 - 05:23 AM.

#43 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:19 AM

BLUDGEON games 8 wins 5 losses 3 W/L 1.67 dmg 4,978

So avarage 622 dmg per game.

IMHO it has good potential, especially for FP

Only 1 JJ, diminishing returns, you know... here is the build: BLUDGEON

#44 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:24 AM

View PostImperialKnight, on 19 February 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

What if they suddenly gave it ERPPC HSL+2?

They're not going to make a Hero Mech that they gave away for free suddenly competitive.

#45 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:25 AM

Aside from a few potato games, I'm averaging 400 damage on mine.
2 LPL (arms)
3 ERMed
1 ATM12
AMS
Max JJs
XL 325
Endo, Std armor, max DHS

I'd like to slow it down to add more HS, as overheating is an issue (I actually have to use Override), but haven't found a good way to do so. I may slow the engine down to switch the lasers to MPL later, but I don't want to buy a new CXL right now.

#46 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:25 AM

Whats that jumpjet for?

#47 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:29 AM

To overcome the biggest enemy of an assault mech, small pebbles and minor inclines :D

#48 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:39 AM

Yeah, them pebbles...
And still i dont understand that PPC-fetish.
Enlighten me

Edited by Sergeant Destroy, 20 February 2019 - 05:41 AM.

#49 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:41 AM

View PostAppogee, on 20 February 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

They're not going to make a Hero Mech that they gave away for free suddenly competitive.

Oh, I don’t know...I mean last years x-mas mechs are pretty competitive (in a general ‘compared to other mechs’ sense). No? I don’t mean, that like the comp folks are running them consistently or lauding their meta virtues from the rooftops or anything like that, but at least they are played fairly regularly by a wide swath of players even now (I can only go by my subjective experience here: I still see them fairly often in GQ and played occasionally by decent players).

I think the Bludgeon, with maybe a bit of a heat quirk and/or an agility boost could be made into something people will want to play regularly, if in perhaps a very specific ERPPC role. Alas, I think this variant will always be about ERPPCs given the limited hard points, and mechs with singular optimum builds is also, ironically, something Chris has said needs to be avoided, which is another reason this thing will likely never see more ERPPC quirks or a specific HSL quirk than it already has. Then again he hasn’t been consistent with such things, so who knows.

I think if Chris does anything for the Bludgeon eventually, it will be in the form of increased agility. Guess we will see.

#50 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:58 AM

If PGI made something they gave away for free good, people might actually be happy, and they can't have that. So they made it dirt. What else is new?

#51 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:08 AM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 20 February 2019 - 05:39 AM, said:

Yeah, them pebbles...
And still i dont understand that PPC-fetish.
Enlighten me

FLPPD and you're able to twist your torso the instant after you fire instead of being forced to stare down an enemy mech through a burn duration and let them shoot at your CT.

#52 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:14 AM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 19 February 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

. The entire Warhammer IIC line up has no role or function that is unique or provides any hint of advantage over the other mechs currently in the game.

But it does...it fills an 80 ton space in a drop deck for a clan player in FW with something that isn't just an underwhelming gargoyle.

#53 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:24 AM

View PostRuccus, on 20 February 2019 - 06:08 AM, said:

FLPPD and you're able to twist your torso the instant after you fire instead of being forced to stare down an enemy mech through a burn duration and let them shoot at your CT.

Yeah but except for that little spread damage, what makes it better than autocannons?

#54 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Also it seems from a quick popover to jarl's that everyone complaining about this mech in this thread are the below average skill potatoes that clearly cannot do well in ANY mech, so aren't going to magically get better in a free hero version of a clan assault mech even if those of us doing well in the bludgeon gift them a build that works fine for us. Lack of aim isn't going to be corrected by providing a viable build code.

#55 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

View PostDee Eight, on 20 February 2019 - 06:14 AM, said:

But it does...it fills an 80 ton space in a drop deck for a clan player in FW with something that isn't just an underwhelming gargoyle.

Yes, now it's an underwhelming Warhammer IIC.

#56 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:30 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 February 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

Also it seems from a quick popover to jarl's that everyone complaining about this mech in this thread are the below average skill potatoes that clearly cannot do well in ANY mech, so aren't going to magically get better in a free hero version of a clan assault mech even if those of us doing well in the bludgeon gift them a build that works fine for us. Lack of aim isn't going to be corrected by providing a viable build code.

Start from zero and git gud with this thing in qp. Without buttbuddies .

Edited by Sergeant Destroy, 20 February 2019 - 06:32 AM.

#57 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:35 AM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 20 February 2019 - 06:30 AM, said:

Start from zero and git gud with this thing in qp. Without buttbuddies .

Is this what you tell yourself when looking in the mirror, to motivate yourself in the morning ?

#58 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:35 AM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 20 February 2019 - 06:24 AM, said:

Yeah but except for that little spread damage, what makes it better than autocannons?

Personally I like autocannons, but I can't fit any on my Bludgeon.

For quick play I think autocannons are better because it tends to devolve into closer range encounters more quickly, but in a faction play environment with the potential for drawn out long range engagements quad ERPPCs can dish out significant damage without the worry of running out of ammo.

The Bludgeon should be okay for faction play (the lower arm actuators are about the only thing it has over the Warhawk quad ERPPC though), but it's a bit hardpoint starved for quick play.

Edited by Ruccus, 20 February 2019 - 06:35 AM.

#59 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:37 AM

"Is this what you tell yourself when looking in the mirror, to motivate yourself in the morning ?"
Seriously?
O tempora, o mores

Edited by Sergeant Destroy, 20 February 2019 - 06:39 AM.

#60 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:28 AM

now that i had the chance to play it it almost replaces the warhawk as a ppc boat. granted the warhawk still runs abit cooler but it does bring speed to the table. i didnt run the max engine though. unfortunately it doesnt do as well as the warhawk in this role, or maybe that was because i tried to use it in wp where there was a lot of cqb nascar. i often say you can brawl with the warhawk, it runs so cool that you can fire ppcs until your trigger finger blisters over and not overheat, this one doesn't seem to be capable of that.

plan b was to replace 2 of the ppcs with hlls and add an erml, but use the max engine. you do have to give up some sinkage but it kind of works, at least until your team decides to hide the whole match. currently trying it in fp where i expect i will have much better results. i dont understand how qp is the most popular mode in the game, its like the cesspit of all the worst play styles in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users