Anyone Actually Found A Build For Bludgeon?

114 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:01 PM

So I'm staring at my Warhammer-IIC Bludgeon, it has 5E + 1M, and can mount JJs.

I don't know what build should i do.

#2 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 19 February 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

So I'm staring at my Warhammer-IIC Bludgeon, it has 5E + 1M, and can mount JJs.

I don't know what build should i do.

heavy laser vomit with ATM

#3 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:10 PM

At 1st glance, I'm thinking something like this
XL350
FF/Endo
2 LPL, 2 PPC, 1 ERML
2 JJs
14 (24) DHS

Not great...

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 19 February 2019 - 04:10 PM.

#4 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

4 erppc

#5 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

xl350
lpls
3ermlas
tag
arlm20
4jj
cap
tg1

#6 The Lighthouse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

As Vxheous said, quad erppc is pretty much only viable build. The fact it can mount JJ helps poptarting.

Don't be too concerned about arm weapon locations since the height is very similar to torso ones anyway.

#7 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:00 PM

I haven't played it yet but I was checking mine out in the testing grounds with the following loadout...

XL 380
15 external DHS
2 LPL
3 MPL
LAMS
Targeting Computer (or 1 JJ for those pesky obstacles and an Active Probe)
Max armour.

Full cool run, full survivability and part of the Laser duration and Cooldown and Heat gen. nodes and a consumable slot.

Runs cold, it is quite maneuverable and has decent alpha strike capabilities without having to worry too much about the heat.

I tested 4 cERPPCs but didn't like the heat build up. I want to check if a big ATM and some heavy lasers would be viable. I'll get around to it when I get the chance. I haven't played MWO in a while now.

#8 Stonefalcon

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

https://mech.nav-alp...4d93_WHM-IIC-BL

4 LPLs 2 JJs

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:19 PM

Yeah quad LPL second line support role seems to work well.

#10 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:21 PM

Put a Mrm 40 in it. Wait, oh, sorry its clan... biggest Atm launcher and lazor back up.

#11 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:16 PM

The Warhammer event pushed me over the edge to help make up my mind as to what to do with the Bludgeon.

I'm selling it for scrap. Yes, yes, back in the day, the whole:"never sell a mech since PGI might suddenly make it OP" was sound advice. But in this era, not so much. The meta has been the meta forever and everything else gets kicked randomly but on a monthly basis; and this mech will never be meta.

Moreover, as a long term player, I have more than enough heroes so who cares about c-bill bonus. I play GQ almost exclusively and rarely have the tonage to run an assault, let alone an assault with such limitations as this. Finally, the Warhammer event has no MC rewards, so who really cares about running it for what is likely the one sole event where it's presence matters.

This mech though free (and I appreciate that), is useless in the game as it is currently played. Consider the MADIIC-B. One more M hardpoint and it is considered by many to be the weakest of the chassis (go check out grimmechs commentary if you want a more competent opinion); this mech is even worse. It has no role, or function that is unique or provides any hint of an advantage over others. Its an 80 ton Quickdraw 5K with far worse agility and one less E hardpoint. It's a waste.

Edited by Bud Crue, 19 February 2019 - 07:17 PM.

#12 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:32 PM

Quad PPCs, it's slight (I think?) hardpoint height improvement over the Warhawk might give it some hitherto unknown advantage. Haha. I'm just kidding, go pilot the Warhawk.

#13 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:37 PM

Since you can't get rid of that missile hardpoint's hitbox, might as well use it... thus... LRM15 w/3tons, AP, Tag in head, 2 ERSL in torso, 2 ERPPC in arms, AMS w/1ton, 14 extra DHS, 350XL, Endo, standard armor, 2 jump jets.

Edited by Dee Eight, 19 February 2019 - 07:38 PM.

#14 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:46 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 19 February 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

The Warhammer event pushed me over the edge to help make up my mind as to what to do with the Bludgeon.

I'm selling it for scrap. Yes, yes, back in the day, the whole:"never sell a mech since PGI might suddenly make it OP" was sound advice. But in this era, not so much. The meta has been the meta forever and everything else gets kicked randomly but on a monthly basis; and this mech will never be meta.

Moreover, as a long term player, I have more than enough heroes so who cares about c-bill bonus. I play GQ almost exclusively and rarely have the tonage to run an assault, let alone an assault with such limitations as this. Finally, the Warhammer event has no MC rewards, so who really cares about running it for what is likely the one sole event where it's presence matters.

This mech though free (and I appreciate that), is useless in the game as it is currently played. Consider the MADIIC-B. One more M hardpoint and it is considered by many to be the weakest of the chassis (go check out grimmechs commentary if you want a more competent opinion); this mech is even worse. It has no role, or function that is unique or provides any hint of an advantage over others. Its an 80 ton Quickdraw 5K with far worse agility and one less E hardpoint. It's a waste.

I probably won't scrap mine but I agree. I have even posted in a couple other treads pretty much the same thing you mention but extend it to the entire line. The entire Warhammer IIC line up has no role or function that is unique or provides any hint of advantage over the other mechs currently in the game. The 3 and the A variant are probably my best performers. The 3 variant is running 2 x HLL and 5 x MPL however my Marauder IIC does that build 10x better. My A variant is running 2xUAC10s, 3xMPL and 3xSRM4 but ironically, my Supernova Boiler, which isn't know to be a Top Tier mech can run that build better and my Madcat MkII-2 running a similar build puts the Warhammer IIC-A to shame.

I think the only way to really save the Warhammer IIC is for PGI to give it the Gargoyle, Executioner or Summoner treatment and make the reason you want to run a Warhammer IIC be its agility at least compared to a Marauder IIC. Double its Acceleration rate to around 24-26, do the same to its decel and turn rate. Give it a relatively fast torso twist speed and at least 90 degree range of motion and then it would have an identity or least it would have some appeal going for it. As is, overall it is a dud.

Edited by Angel of Annihilation, 19 February 2019 - 07:47 PM.

#15 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:16 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 19 February 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

What if they suddenly gave it ERPPC HSL+2?

#16 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:21 PM

View PostImperialKnight, on 19 February 2019 - 08:16 PM, said:

What if they suddenly gave it ERPPC HSL+2?

It only has two ERPPCs stock though.

#17 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:22 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 February 2019 - 06:00 PM, said:

I haven't played it yet but I was checking mine out in the testing grounds with the following loadout...

XL 380
15 external DHS
2 LPL
3 MPL
LAMS
Targeting Computer (or 1 JJ for those pesky obstacles and an Active Probe)
Max armour.

I'm running something similar. Bump the engine up to an XL 385, same pulse laser vomit, no tcomp or lams and near max armor. I know the Hellbringer does it better but hey, I got it for free so I can't complain. Wish it had at least 1 or 2 quirks like better torso yaw or armor quirks. Hell, if PGI wanted to go by lore it should have reduced crit chance due to the blanketed heat sinks over the engine since that was a battletech quirk after all.

Someone should go over to twitter if they care enough about the Warhammer IIC, and inform Russ and friends that the Warhammer IIC should have a reduced crit chance quirk since the heat sinks act like a armor barrier around the internals of the fusion engine.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 19 February 2019 - 08:26 PM.

#18 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:40 PM

Probably doing ATm 12, 2 large plus and 3 medium pulse. Dont do Clan but at least I have one now.

#19 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:46 PM

Making a clan awesome :D

#20 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

Wow . You haters cannot even find any fun or use from a free hero mech . Big surprise . How about next time , just don't bother playing on the 27th Dec . You could have used that time to log in on your other game forums where you also enjoy moaning about nothing .

God mode mech request DENIED !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users