Pgi, 100 Ton Clan Mechs, About Time For More?

BattleMechs Gameplay General

160 replies to this topic

#1 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:58 PM

so this will be a simple enough poll.... do we need more 100 ton clan mechs, and if so, which ones? this is a shout out to both the community and PGI "please take notice of feedback".

let me begin with some info for you to make your judgement based on. currently, we are sitting past the original invasion timeline "for the lore buffs" in battle-tech. there are currently 5 standing IS 100 ton mechs,"either in game or soon to come" and only 2 Clan "which has not changed for almost 2 years". this means that, those mechs which were in the original clan invasion of the IS "inner sphere" should exist within the MWO universe. but sadly, they are not represented in game. some examples of these are as follows:

list created from :http://www.sarna.net...ton_BattleMechs

i had to create the poll portion of this in the feature suggestions area, here it is:https://mwomercs.com...-time-for-more/

1.) Annihilator

yes its in game, but it has had its origins altered. its history in battle tech goes back to the end of the star-league formal and the start of the star-league in exile and clans. they were the first to re introduce it into the inner-sphere by wolfs dragoons, but by accident. my fix to the current situation with the Annihilator is simple... ..create a Annihilator 2C series that mirrors the current theme of a steady release of 2C mechs to give the clan popular IS mechs. i wont say what quirks if any, i would leave that up to PGI to figure out "prob reduced armor quirks for one, but a slow, tank could open up some nice strats for clans on the defensive end".

data file on Annihilator:
Description

Originally developed in the final year of the Amaris Civil War as the ultimate fixed position city defense BattleMech, the Annihilator was built as a sign of the military strength of both the Star League in Exile and the newly created Clans. The 100-ton 'Mech has a maximum speed of 32.4 km/h, making it one of the slowest 'Mechs ever designed together with the UrbanMech. It is by no means intended to use speed to outmaneuver an enemy, instead depending on its twelve and a half tons of armor to weather any fire that is directed at the 'Mech. Discontinued before the Clans' Golden Century, in one of their few missteps, the Wolf's Dragoons brought a number of designs with them in 3009, raising more questions to their origins while at the same time adding to their mystique. It was exclusive to the Dragoons until the Jihad disseminated the design to Arc-Royal due to the strengthening of the relationship that Wolf's Dragoons forged with the Kell Hounds and Clan Wolf-in-Exile following their flight from Outreach.

2.) Atlas II

pure and simple. this would be the clans version of the atlas, which they have had with them since the first exodus from the inner-sphere...and it saw use at the battle of tukayyid even. it was a upgraded atlas for all extensive purposes, and not even the last iteration "atlas 3 exist made by word of blake". same concept as the Annihilator, make a clanified version with reduced durabilty, but have it serve a role as a methodical defender and brawler, matching current atlas to some degree. "leave the how of that up to PGI "
Description[edit]
Posted Image

First fielded in 2765,[7] the Atlas II was designed by the Hegemony Research and Development Department, Weapons Division of the original Star League to maintain the technological edge over the other Great Houses. It was exclusively for the SLDF's Royal Regiments.[7]
In 2785, when General Aleksandr Kerensky put out his call for loyal forces to join him in his Exodus, every Atlas II pilot responded and left with him. These 'Mechs are prized by the Clans when they were found. One such 'Mech was spotted in 3052 during the Battle of Tukayyid.[7]
In the early 3070s, the design was resurrected by the Word of Blake when they captured Hesperus II's factories. After the liberation of Defiance Industries, Devlin Stone's coalition forces kept the 'Mechs in production.[7]

now to the original concept ones" my personal favs"
3.) Bane (Kraken)
Posted Image

what to say about this mech? well, its a boater thru and thru. think lots of smaller ballistic, energy and missile builds EN MASS, but could also do the standard heavy arms setup. it would be a ok mobility mech in MWO "for assaults" at an average 54 KPH. its a great mech artistically and design whise, and i know people who would LITERALLY sell there children into slavery by pirate slavers to get the credits for this mech. CLAN mech thru and thru.

Description[edit]

The Bane is a BattleMech that is based upon a Star League prototype that was never put into production. Tagged the Kraken by Inner Sphere forces who opposed it, the Bane was first built in 2827. It was originally a significant part of many Clan toumans, but was gradually relegated to second-line status following the introduction of the OmniMech. As such, it is still critical to many defensive units. The design uses a lightweight XL Engine so that it can mount the arsenal that it does. Nineteen tons of armor protects this venerable assault 'Mech.

4.) Imp

what to say about the imp? dont know to much about it, and have no real opinion about it "does look kinda cool as a massive 100 ton urbanmech in both appearance and in build options", but will let the sarna file on it do the talking.

Description[edit]
Posted Image

The first original BattleMech produced by Clan Wolf, [3] the Imp was first seen by the Inner Sphere in the ranks of Wolf's Dragoons. It is designed with weapons that can engage an enemy at a multitude of ranges. Indeed, the Imp has what seems to be a weapon for just about any range or situation and can be called a "Swiss Army Knife" of a 'Mech. It has a maximum speed of 54 km/h, which is not extremely fast, but it does allow it to keep pace with most 'Mechs of the assault class. The 'Mech is also armored with eighteen tons of armor, which is more than respectable for its weight and provides a great deal of protection.

5. )Jupiter
solid mech, but a little later in the time line then the rest on this list. but close enough to be relevant to the conversation, and a solid favorite of clan jade falcon.

Description[edit]
Posted Image

The Jupiter was designed by Clan Jade Falcon to complement their premier assault 'Mech, the Turkina, during the Jihad. Although not as versatile as the Turkina, it was developed from the most commonly available parts at the time, giving the Jupiter a rugged and easily-repaired design that many other designs cannot match. Due to its durability, Jupiters have been spotted in many mercenary and House armies throughout the post-Jihad Inner Sphere.[3]

6.) Scylla/Storm Giant
Posted Image

this mech is a little less far away from current in game timeline as the Jupiter is, and besides looking absolutely beautiful as far as humanoid mechs go, its got the rare distinction of being both a clan steel viper totem mech "of sorts' and is both versatile and maneuverable for a 100 ton mech. " clan steel viper would love you long time for this, and the name is something of legendary proportions." please make this one happen PGI!

Description[edit]

Following their ejection from the Inner Sphere, Clan Steel Viper used its invading Clan strength to expand its holdings within the Kerensky Cluster. Khan Perigard Zalman's controversial decision to allow freebirths into the Clan's touman bore fruit as the trueborn warriors could focus on expanding the Clan's territory. The problem the Vipers ran into was equipping these troops. Beginning in 3062, Clan Steel Viper replaced the electronics and weaponry of the Golden Century Storm Giant and rechristened it as the "new" Scylla assault BattleMech, named after a sea monster from Greek mythology.[1] This "upgraded" version kept the old engine that enabled it to move quickly for a 'Mech of its size, adding enough jump jets to leap up to one hundred twenty meters. Fifteen and a half tons of armor protect the design from enemy fire.[1]

7.) Stone Rhino (Behemoth)

this is a true legend and brute among the clans, and was common place in the clan invasion by clan smoke jaguar, and almost all clan toumans had them "to some extent" in use. fun mech, with some interesting builds and a sleek, heavy hitting design, i am fully invested and hopeful to see this mech make it into MWO. PGI, ive have spoken personally with several clan Khans and units and can testify that they would drop mad money to get this mech in there garage.

Description[edit]
Posted Image

The Stone Rhino was one of the most remarkable surprises sprung upon the Inner Sphere by the invading Clans. Since the Inner Sphere forces knew about the earlier Amaris Behemoth that was the name they gave to the 'Mech.
Originally this 'Mech considered a mistake, the initial design was known as "Amaris' folly". Developed in a project whose objective was to create a BattleMechable to withstand an entire BattleMech company assault, these machines were to be launched into mass production and used to stop General Aleksandr Kerensky in his attempt to retake Terra. The prototype was described as a monstrosity whose leg actuators shut down during its first test run, so the project was summarily scrapped. However, the Word of Blake would use the engineering information for the Behemoth to create the first successful superheavy 'Mech, the Omega.[4]
Mainly seen in Clan Smoke Jaguar, only a small number of these massive machines have been sighted. No other Clan appeared to field this design, but because it is a venerable design, other Clans are suspected to possess some, widely spread throughout their toumans.
Bringing awesome firepower, these machines cannot be used effectively by commanders because they cannot afford to lose one. The Stone Rhino made use of eighteen tons of standard armor. It could jump up to ninety meters in one bound.

that about sums it up. there are a few more 100 tons on the clan side that exist in lore "but do not fit within the timeline or have other counterparts that make them redundant" as well as many IS 100 ton mechs still not in game.
this is the list i got all the info from...good old sarna. PGI, please take interest in the feed back this post gets, as i hope it will reflect the demand and desire this awesome gaming community has for more big, burly, b33fy "yah that b33f" mechs that would become a mainstay if given the chance. thank you for your time.

Edited by dante245, 28 February 2019 - 11:15 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:06 PM

Bane is straight up power creep so no. Nothing worse than releasing a power creep, and then nerf it multiple times later, as well as the weapons it can boat. KDK-3, NGyr and Piranha are prime examples.

Stone Rhino is a classic and people like the design but it will need hardpoint inflation.

Scylla appears to be a good looking design. Not many canon variants so PGI can liberally make use of it to create fun variants for selling.

Turkina is 95 tonner.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 February 2019 - 05:55 AM.

#3 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:23 PM

made needed edits..thanks for spotting that out about the turkina...also i personally like the bane, but i understand complaints about it by others. your point is valid

Edited by dante245, 19 February 2019 - 11:29 PM.

#4 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:43 PM

You are aware that the Annihilator has two clan variants right? The C and the C2

ANH-C - 4 UAC/10s + 4 ERMLs and came with an XL300.

ANH-C2 - 4 Gauss + 1 ERPPC which was the platform the Gausszilla was build upon.

Do you really want the Gausszilla? Cause the ANH will rock 4 Gauss hard with clan tech.

#5 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:55 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 19 February 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

You are aware that the Annihilator has two clan variants right? The C and the C2

ANH-C - 4 UAC/10s + 4 ERMLs and came with an XL300.

ANH-C2 - 4 Gauss + 1 ERPPC which was the platform the Gausszilla was build upon.

Do you really want the Gausszilla? Cause the ANH will rock 4 Gauss hard with clan tech.

already have the ability too do gausszilla on the Kodiak with 4 gauss. and no i didn't know about the two clan variants of the annihilator..but i went off of sarna...no deviation. and its not in dispute that the mech was theirs long before it was IS "if counting the IS loosing it after the starleague died" then rediscovering it. but we cant change that now that its in the game as IS..so make a clan version. simple as that.

Edited by dante245, 20 February 2019 - 02:25 AM.

#6 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:06 AM

View Postdante245, on 19 February 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

and its not in dispute that the mech was theirs long before it was IS.

Star League pre-dates the Clans and Star League was IS. So it was an IS 'mech, "stolen" by what would become the Clans and then re-introduced to the IS.

#7 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:12 AM

No love for the Tomahawk? Sure, it was only a prototype until the end of the Jihad, but it looks like a beefed up Warhawk.

Otherwise, I guess the Jupiter would be alright.

#8 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:10 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 20 February 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

No love for the Tomahawk? Sure, it was only a prototype until the end of the Jihad, but it looks like a beefed up Warhawk.

Otherwise, I guess the Jupiter would be alright.

i though about adding it....but it said..in big bold "NOT CANNON" also its after timeline.

#9 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:19 AM

whats the point in adding more clan 100 tonners? game has too many mechs as is.

just make the direwolf not suck.

#10 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:42 AM

I'd love to see the Bane, just for the Hilarity of running 13 Machine Guns and a UAC20 on a 100 Ton Mech.

#11 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:51 AM

View PostKhobai, on 20 February 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

whats the point in adding more clan 100 tonners? game has too many mechs as is.

just make the direwolf not suck.

cause been 2 years since last?

#12 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:10 AM

Annihilator with Clan tech sounds stupid good
quad LB10x + 6MPL eez if hardpoints allow

View PostThunder Child, on 20 February 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

I'd love to see the Bane, just for the Hilarity of running 13 Machine Guns and a UAC20 on a 100 Ton Mech.

quad LB10 and rest of the slots H/MG

#13 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:42 AM

In addition to another Clan 100 tonner or two, It's time for a mech on both sides that's above 100 tons. Whatever can fit on the maps. :D

#14 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:49 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 February 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

Bane is straight up power creep so no. Nothing worse than releasing a power creep, and then nerf it multiple times later, as well as the weapons it can boat. KDK-3, NGyr and Piranha are prime examples.

Stone Rhino is a classic and people like the design but it will need hardpoint inflation.

Scylla appears to be a good looking design. Not many canon variants so PGI can liberally make use of it to create fun variants for selling.

Turkina is 95 tonner.

Oh but dual heavy gauss with ecm, or 4 lbx 10 isn't? Ok, really love your double standards. Also how the hell do you manage to first comment on any thread that even hints at the Bane?

Stone Rhino is super douchey, Bane would actually be cool

#15 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:15 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 20 February 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

Oh but dual heavy gauss with ecm, or 4 lbx 10 isn't? Ok, really love your double standards.

Huh?
KDK-3, NTG and Piranha were THE BEST mechs of their own weight class by huge margin when they got released.
After each of those mechs got release weapons that they worked best with got nerfed by adding more ghostheat or just making them simply worse.

Quad LBX and twin HGR are good/meta but not stupid good.

#16 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:23 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 20 February 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

Oh but dual heavy gauss with ecm, or 4 lbx 10 isn't? Ok, really love your double standards. Also how the hell do you manage to first comment on any thread that even hints at the Bane?

Stone Rhino is super douchey, Bane would actually be cool

As soon as I posted on the thread I thought to myself surely Grus or you will retort with some biased drivel, and I was not disappointed.

2xHGR is ok in QP cause of its mere 300 optimum range and slow *** speed of the carrier. 4xLBX10 is also fine cause of the aforementioned lack of speed as well as its unreliable spread nature beyond 300 meters.

Do you know what the pre-nerf KDK-3 had? 4xCUAC10 with no GH penalty. That's right. The KDK-3 had 80 damage alpha with 540 optimum range, and could fire it again in less than 3 seconds. And it had 375 XL (Clan XL, not the insta-death IS XL) engine so could move at 61 kph with such a loadout! Now THAT was OP, something you conveniently forgot, or is ignorant of.

Consequently ALL the KDK variants as well as CUAC5 and CUAC10 got nerfed in several ways. I don't want any similar thing happen to the Bane as well as all the weapons it can boat, such as CU/AC2s and LRMs. Yet in your biased view I am only concerned about keeping the Clanners down, never mind that my most used/successful mech is a Clan one. Pfft.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 February 2019 - 09:36 AM.

#17 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 February 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

Turkina is 95 tonner.

there is a reason nobody uses uac2s on their ultraviolet. i dont think the bane would be able to fire more than a few taps without overheating. of course if they take a page from uv pilots that's not going to be an issue. but its going to have ammo issues and will probibly not be a great light fighter much like the annihilator.

i kind of want the turkina because clan i think only have one 95 tonner, the exe. needs another.

#18 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:53 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 February 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

As soon as I posted on the thread I thought to myself surely Grus or you will retort with some biased drivel, and I was not disappointed.

2xHGR is ok in QP cause of its mere 300 optimum range and slow *** speed of the carrier. 4xLBX10 is also fine cause of the aforementioned lack of speed as well as its unreliable spread nature beyond 300 meters.

Do you know what the pre-nerf KDK-3 had? 4xCUAC10 with no GH penalty. That's right. The KDK-3 had 80 damage alpha with 540 optimum range, and could fire it again in less than 3 seconds. And it had 375 XL (Clan XL, not the insta-death IS XL) engine so could move at 61 kph with such a loadout! Now THAT was OP, something you conveniently forgot, or is ignorant of.

Consequently ALL the KDK variants as well as CUAC5 and CUAC10 got nerfed in several ways. I don't want any similar thing happen to the Bane as well as all the weapons it can boat, such as CU/AC2s and LRMs. Yet in your biased view I am only concerned about keeping the Clanners down, never mind that my most used/successful mech is a Clan one. Pfft.

tbh it's hard to tell sometimes what your motives are

#19 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:19 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 February 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

there is a reason nobody uses uac2s on their ultraviolet. i dont think the bane would be able to fire more than a few taps without overheating. of course if they take a page from uv pilots that's not going to be an issue. but its going to have ammo issues and will probibly not be a great light fighter much like the annihilator.

i kind of want the turkina because clan i think only have one 95 tonner, the exe. needs another.

Yeah but Dire is omnimech, Bane isn't. Optimize engine, have endo = more DHS and do not forget that bane has super high mounts vs dires waist high mounts.

#20 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 20 February 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

Bane will not have ammo issues because unlike the Direwhale, it can equip Endo and free up 5 extra tons. Plus all of its guns will be high mounted, unlike the Whale.

*edit* Ninjaed by Curccu. Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users