Weekend Warriors Event

76 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:20 AM

View PostMajor Major Catch 22, on 20 February 2019 - 11:55 PM, said:

TY PGI

Just a suggestion, Can we have as part of a mech launch event : " shoot so many new mechs and get a new mech cockpit item"

so those who may not have bought new mech get fun to kill "x" number of them?

View PostME-tan, on 21 February 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

Please no. They used to have similar events when new mechs were added, and it was never fun to be on the receiving end of an enemy stampede.

Hello there, you two... PGI made one hell of a horrible error before when they had the "Hunt The New Mech" Challenges. That error was not having "Keep The New Mech Alive" Challenges as a Counter-Balance to it. Maybe if they re-introduced one while having the other along with it, then it would work out far better for everyone, including the New Mech Pilots, and then would be more acceptable? It seems like PGI really never does enough to reinforce keeping one's Teammates alive, which is resulting in badly-imbalanced Matches on the battlefields. :o

~Mr. D. V. "Naturally seeing the hole in a previous piece of PGI's Event Design... Maybe they can improve it?" Devnull

#22 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:11 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 February 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

Hi there... Not to bite at you, but I had to get it off my chest. Sorry for the rant being such a bother. It just drives me mad when people won't behave better than what I've heard of players on the earlier "Call Of Duty"/"Halo" or other such games where thinking is likened to something quote-unquote along the lines of "a 'One Man Army' childish selfishness" in overall mentality. Events are -- for the most part -- always supposed to be accessible and possible to be done by everyone who wishes to take part. Instead, I've been running into a climate of people and MatchMaking which seems what could be quote-unquote "more to force people out of any chance to earn", and that is simply just not right at all. Posted Image

Heck... All I ask for is that the Whole Team would Communicate, Coordinate, and Keep Each Other Alive And Aware... And I ask that not as much for just myself, but instead more for ensuring the Whole Team will get an enjoyable payment by the end of the Match... Is that really too much to ask for? Can people at least start doing that, so we have more naturally-balanced firefights that are not lame and annoying PUG-Stomps which result in severe lack of enjoyment? I think we can agree, PGI is totally not at fault for others' stupidity on the battlefields, and it's also not up to PGI to go around 'fixing stupidity' either. That's on the people piloting those Mechs instead. Posted Image

For what it's worth, about the only thing PGI needs to make a Fix for is the "Restoration of Friendly Directional Arrows on the MiniMap"... I would hope they don't make me go write a Feature Suggestion Thread for something they took out before and should have already restored. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "better insight into the overload that floods my mind" Devnull

You have always shown an Expert Ability to write in The Most Annoying Manner. But now you have proven that you are a True Master of the art. Not only is this post full of your usual Improper Capitalisation. Not only does it have your sign-off with a "Nickname that isn't a Nickname". The Real Genius in this post is typing "quote-unquote" before a quote for which you have used Quotation Marks, not just once, but twice in a single paragraph. This is Redundancy Perfected.

Bravo.

~Mr Dr3d "it's not the content but the style of your writing that offends me" Nought

#23 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:38 AM

View Postdr3dnought, on 21 February 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

You have always shown an Expert Ability to write in The Most Annoying Manner. But now you have proven that you are a True Master of the art. Not only is this post full of your usual Improper Capitalisation. Not only does it have your sign-off with a "Nickname that isn't a Nickname". The Real Genius in this post is typing "quote-unquote" before a quote for which you have used Quotation Marks, not just once, but twice in a single paragraph. This is Redundancy Perfected.

Bravo.

~Mr Dr3d "it's not the content but the style of your writing that offends me" Nought

*facedesk* ... You must be some kind of "Master Of Personal Attacks" on people who are in a rattled mental state. Please just leave me be if that's how you're going to behave. -_-

EDIT :: By the way, I've discovered something about most of the Player Base in general. They're incapable of defending their Left Flank. <_<

~D. V. "stuck on overload, does not need the knife jammed in any extra" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 21 February 2019 - 01:39 AM.

#24 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:51 AM

Its amazing how many people moan about , sitting down and playing computer games while scoring prizes that include premium currency . Posted Image

I am off to the salt mines ....

Edited by DarkFhoenix, 21 February 2019 - 01:57 AM.

#25 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:03 AM

Yes! Finaly MC for mechbays!

#26 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:38 AM

MC Rewards for certain weapons. Sounds like some data is needed for future balancing.

Anyways thanks for goodies, they are always welcome !

#27 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:00 AM

I am not proud of done of the builds I am fielding... but just picking a platform already skilled and working through each of the weapon categories on one mech. Thankfully they can all be done in one match. NightGyr boating 4x uac2s did a lot more damage brawling than I expected.

Needing 200 kill/kmd is going to take some grinding for my poor skill level though.

#28 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:29 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 21 February 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

*facedesk* ... You must be some kind of "Master Of Personal Attacks" on people who are in a rattled mental state. Please just leave me be if that's how you're going to behave. Posted Image

EDIT :: By the way, I've discovered something about most of the Player Base in general. They're incapable of defending their Left Flank. Posted Image

~D. V. "stuck on overload, does not need the knife jammed in any extra" Devnull

I appreciate the compliment, though my criticism of your Writing Style was not intended as a personal attack. I just quote-unquote "had to get it off my chest."

~Mr Dred "I will leave you be now, good luck with the un-rattling" Nought

#29 Lith Dael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:19 AM

View Postdr3dnought, on 21 February 2019 - 03:29 AM, said:

I appreciate the compliment, though my criticism of your Writing Style was not intended as a personal attack. I just quote-unquote "had to get it off my chest."

~Mr Dred "I will leave you be now, good luck with the un-rattling" Nought

Dred, I beg you, do not replicate this style permanently. I do not know if I can handle 2 Devnulls Posted Image

Devnull, hope you have a good time with the event despite difficult teams! Playing with "randoms", well... what you see is what you get, I guess.

Peace.

#30 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:39 AM

View PostLith Dael, on 21 February 2019 - 04:19 AM, said:

Dred, I beg you, do not replicate this style permanently. I do not know if I can handle 2 Devnulls Posted Image

Devnull, hope you have a good time with the event despite difficult teams! Playing with "randoms", well... what you see is what you get, I guess.

Peace.

I agree DV is cool, sometimes tl/dr but hes cool

#31 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:55 AM

Wish you good/better rounds, Dev! <Posted Image

And everyone else, too!

#32 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:54 AM

I know that everyone loves free stuff, but, PGI, can you stop spamming events please?
Can you please increase the break between events to at least a week instead of the current two days?
A lot of people (me and mr. D.V. included) just want to take a proper break from events and have fun while playing the game without having to grind for rewards and dealing with teammates that are doing that at the same time.

Personally, it would be absolutely fine for me if you launched events like this: one weekend with an event and one without it, instead of launching it every single weekend.

#33 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:26 AM

Nah, keep up the free stuff events! Thank you!

#34 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:29 AM

View PostBwah Ha Ha, on 21 February 2019 - 06:26 AM, said:

Nah, keep up the free stuff events! Thank you!

I don't want PGI to remove events, I just want them to make events less frequent.
Actually, I enjoyed the time when events were launched on holidays (st. Valentines day, St. Patricks day, May 1st, Christmas, New year etc.) and on some special occasions (beginning of summer, autumn or winter), isn't that what events were made for? Now events are launched mostly for no reason.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 21 February 2019 - 06:35 AM.

#35 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:31 AM

Reminds me of the song line "too much of something is bad enough ..."

#36 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:36 AM

I've suggested it before and I'll suggest it again -

Where's the 'Do 25,000 damage with LRMs' challenge? Add in the counter of 'Shoot down 25,000 Missiles' as a tag-a-long challenge.

#37 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:43 AM

Too much complaining, not enough thank you's! Oh Matt how am I going to get a headshot,, oh Matt that's to many components for me to destroy,, oh Matt how come you keep making them use missiles on me,, now it's oh Matt you have to many events!!!! Well for me, Matt thank you for the event, thank you for listening and not making a component, headshot or missile event! Keep it up!

Edited by Bwah Ha Ha, 21 February 2019 - 06:45 AM.

#38 Pureshot

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:57 AM

Events are fine. No need to nerf them. If people want a free giveaway for simply logging on then do something else like that. The possibility that some may not have the ability to finish all event achievements should be acceptable.

#39 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:40 AM

I can agree that events themselves are fine, the problem is that when an event is launched all the grindy people go into the game and ruin matches for everyone else by doing things like charging into the enemy team at the beginning of the match to get a solo kill for the event or something like that.

#40 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostLith Dael, on 21 February 2019 - 04:19 AM, said:

Don't worry, like Da Vinci, Mozart and Einstein, there can only be one Devnull. I am a mere imitator.

As for this event, it's got me playing again after taking a break since last month's patch notes. The games races seem to be no more abysmal than usual. I guess that's because the challenges can be completed by playing normally and doing what you're supposed to be doing i.e. killing mechs. And thankfully there are no lock-on weapon challenges. I'd be happy with more like this to help cut the grind tbh.

EDIT: I would suggest increasing the 'win 2 matches' requirement so that most people don't complete it before they complete the '20 kills/kmdd' requirement. Once a bad/selfish player needs kills without wins it encourages them to suicide rush.

Edited by dr3dnought, 21 February 2019 - 12:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users