Weekend Warriors Event

76 replies to this topic

#41 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:33 PM

Too many kills/kmdd needed, so I won't bother with most of the event.

#42 MISBEHAVING 2112

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

Clan micro pulse laser damage is not registering on event page...... anyone else having this issue?

Just misbehaving

#43 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:51 PM

Basic plot. Pulse laser vs ultra cannon. Who will win, who will get nerfed? Stay tuned for next patch, same bat time, same bat channel....now to fire Alfred.

#44 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:56 PM

I love events, it is great to have something extra to work for while grinding. Id rather events be a 24/7 thing. They bring players in. This is a good thing, even if qp becomes a silly place. I haven't seen Clan small pulse in like forever. Now I have lights chewing on me. This is a good thing.
If you don't like events, dont do them. If Quick play becomes too toxic for you take a break. I for one have been playing battletech rogue tech alot. Got farm my mauler and fill it up with alot of light ac's. Should be glorious. :)

#45 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:14 PM

Thank you very much for the events and free stuff.

#46 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 03:18 PM

If events become a 24/7 thing then they are no longer events but a change for how MWO is played.

I really like events, but also the normal, plain times without not so much player's toxicity when there's none going on and people play just for the sake of the activity.

#47 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 04:56 PM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 21 February 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

I can agree that events themselves are fine, the problem is that when an event is launched all the grindy people go into the game and ruin matches for everyone else by doing things like charging into the enemy team at the beginning of the match to get a solo kill for the event or something like that.

Well I see the same thing when there isn't an event. Sometimes it's poor play, sometimes it's oops where did all those mechs come from, it's not always the events fault.

#48 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:03 PM

Too many events, slow down? If there is an event you have no time for, just ignore it, don't ask PGI to slow it down. What is this, MechNanny Online?

PGI keep going with the events. Weekend events are always appreciated. Stacking/overlapping events are even more so, though if anything I wish you'd use the Future Events tab more often to announce events, rather than use it only for big events with daily event entries.

In future PGI, I hope we can start to have a more systematic event system, not as ad-hoc as it is now. For example, clearly stipulated Daily, Weekly, Monthly events in additional to special thematic events.

#49 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:08 PM

i've never understood the people that feel compelled to grind out every single event. if you're only playing this game for the event rewards and c-bills then i think you need to find something else to do.

#50 Squirell

• Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:36 PM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 20 February 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

You will receive these items when you redeem them in the game or after you login after you redeemed them on the webpage.

I really wish this was true, but I'm at 4 redeemed events now that haven't been added to my account for some reason. PGI doesn't seem to want to fix this issue despite how many times I've talked to them about this issue.

#51 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:28 AM

Well 20 Kills/KMMD is a quite a grind for each weight class! Haven't even finished the Assault on. :(

#52 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:33 AM

Focus, Dead, focus Posted Image

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:37 AM

View Postcougurt, on 21 February 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

i've never understood the people that feel compelled to grind out every single event. if you're only playing this game for the event rewards and c-bills then i think you need to find something else to do.

Unfortunately, I know how they feel. I'm currently in the boat with those where if we become unable to keep completing Events for the stuff they give, then we become unable to keep up with the pace of progression that the rest of the game's Community is currently at. Basically, I'll be forced out of MWO by being unable to keep progressing fast enough myself, should I start totally failing to finish Events that are posted up. It's sad that MWO has reached such an overly speedy and twitch-level pace required just to keep up. :(

~D. V. "faster and faster things in MWO go, but not that many can ultimately keep up" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a missing part of a thought...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 22 February 2019 - 12:38 AM.

#54 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:10 AM

In all honesty, Dev, what do you miss when you dont complete events? Some cosmetic stuff, some CBills, maybe a bunch of MC. What of these makes you fall behind in terms of gameplay? You have been around for a while. Have mechs galore.
In my book, these events are nice to have, and in regards of the recent UAC and Pulselaser challenges, set up some engineering challenges, but you'll not be at a disadvantage if you play disconnected from them at all.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 22 February 2019 - 01:11 AM.

#55 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:17 AM

Thx for the event - finished it yesterday :D

The hardest grinding were the killing assists, but its all about gameplay - need kill/KMDD? - use some brawler/close hitting mech (Flea, Artic Wolf, Vindicator,....) Need assists? Use some kind of the sniper (Urbie with ERLL, Shadow cat....) - than u have no difficulties

#56 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:35 AM

View PostMISBEHAVING 2112, on 21 February 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

Clan micro pulse laser damage is not registering on event page...... anyone else having this issue?

Just misbehaving

It's probably cause it's crap. I had to really get face to face for it to register damage. These latter patches also seem choppier with registering hits IMO and I get fairly large lagouts. With a little bit of luck we're moving to MW5 engine Posted Image

#57 Lith Dael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:21 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 February 2019 - 12:37 AM, said:

Unfortunately, I know how they feel. I'm currently in the boat with those where if we become unable to keep completing Events for the stuff they give, then we become unable to keep up with the pace of progression that the rest of the game's Community is currently at. Basically, I'll be forced out of MWO by being unable to keep progressing fast enough myself, should I start totally failing to finish Events that are posted up. It's sad that MWO has reached such an overly speedy and twitch-level pace required just to keep up. Posted Image

~D. V. "faster and faster things in MWO go, but not that many can ultimately keep up" Devnull

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about. In fact, this is what I greatly appreciate in MWO: the ability to jump back in after years (!) of absence, with only a minor adjustment period (AKA "What... how... why... Oh." Dead-a-thon). I've been here since closed beta, and regularly go on an annual or semi-annual hiatus & have no huge issues because of that. (Note - I am not driven by the ambition to reach whatever Tier and somesuch; I often play with weird builds just for "S & Gs" Posted Image )

#58 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:28 AM

I totally love events of this nature that forces you to spend millions of cbills to buy a certain mech not of your faction that can field a certain weapon type and and then buy that weapon system all just to score a cool 100 MC . Also i get to bring out my few clan mechs that i dont use very often .

How far is a real man willing to go for his MC and where can he find a cheap loophole such as using trial mechs . Posted Image

I used the highlander IIC and Shadow Cat trial mechs for large Pulse and UAC 10 but out of my 5 clan mechs i had zero options for UAC 20 and UAC 5 so i had to buy Kodiak 3 .

We need more of this kind of event with pre game logistics. its more satisfying than just " Destroy x amount of mech components ."

Edited by Pain G0D, 22 February 2019 - 08:37 AM.

#59 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:44 AM

View PostBwah Ha Ha, on 21 February 2019 - 04:56 PM, said:

Well I see the same thing when there isn't an event. Sometimes it's poor play, sometimes it's oops where did all those mechs come from, it's not always the events fault.

Yeah, but it mostly occurs during events.

View PostBrunoSSace, on 21 February 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

If Quick play becomes too toxic for you take a break.

A lot of people can only play on weekends because of reasons like work/studies and even we do take one weekend off MWO we will come back on another weekend and literally see the same thing: people doing stupid things.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 22 February 2019 - 10:54 AM.

#60 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

That was fun, most of the times. Off into the weekend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users