240 replies to this topic

#81 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:09 PM

After 2 gaming sessions with 18,5k dmg done its completely doable.... 17days to go, so its OK

#82 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 March 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Its FREE stuff... PGI is under no obligation to make FREE stuff easy to get. But by all means, keep whining like spoiled children.

Matt, you need to stop caving in to the spoiled children...

just like we have no obligation to give pgi our money

#83 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:48 PM

I'm concerned about the 750 assist challenge, seem too much for me for a thing not depending entirely on you but also on your team.

#84 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:10 PM

View PostAdarven, on 14 March 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

After 2 gaming sessions with 18,5k dmg done its completely doable.... 17days to go, so its OK

Playing way above the average level of most Pilots, are you? Sounds like you'll be waiting for "Comp. Play Mode" to make a return with the May 2019 Monthly Update. :P

Anywho, I'm barely half that far myself (Only ~10K Damage here!) after 2 Runs on the battlefields over the time since the Event started, but I'm only a Casual-Class 'Tier 1' Pilot myself. As it is, this 'Phase 1' is going to take me at least another 12 Days to finish, estimating for all the time I won't have on weekends. As things look, it's good that Matt Newman chopped the Total Required Damage and Per-Each-Bag Lines in half for getting all the Loot Bags, or this Event would be a non-starter for most players. Maybe we'll end up being on the same Team in a future Match? :huh:

~D. V. "Compared to you, even I'm struggling to get through this Event!" Devnull

#85 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:25 PM

I for one would like to see more targetting computers in the loot bags. I get them every supply cache, so in loot bags too would be nice.

I am missing an IS TC VI from my collection I think. Please add to loot bags.

#86 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:57 AM

Matt, the reduction of the required damage was great.

Now please also consider reducing the required assists, or having it require "kills or kill assists".
Without also couting kills for that, people will try to not kill opponents, which can only have a negative impact on the player experience.
If you are unable to change that, then 5 or 6 assists per loot bag and 375/450 in total are far more reasonable.

#87 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:44 AM

Hey Matt, a little feedback. About GXP rewards. 100, 200, 500 GXP. It was good in the olden days, but with the new skill tree, with 800 XP per skill node, this reward is somewhat underwhelming.

#88 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:45 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 15 March 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

Matt, the reduction of the required damage was great.

Now please also consider reducing the required assists, or having it require "kills or kill assists".
Without also couting kills for that, people will try to not kill opponents, which can only have a negative impact on the player experience.
If you are unable to change that, then 5 or 6 assists per loot bag and 375/450 in total are far more reasonable.

I would love that additional condition, because I hate not taking the kill shot when able. It's like playing like a potato on purpose Posted Image.

View PostSigmar Sich, on 15 March 2019 - 04:44 AM, said:

Hey Matt, a little feedback. About GXP rewards. 100, 200, 500 GXP. It was good in the olden days, but with the new skill tree, with 800 XP per skill node, this reward is somewhat underwhelming.

Few points of GSP instead of GXP would be awesome.

#89 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:00 AM

What was wrong about 80-100 match score for a loot bag that we have to do this crazy amount of damage and kill assist now?
Not every body can play 4-5 hours or more every day!Posted Image

Lately some one asked for challenges with high amount of MS, Missile damage and AMS and there you go we have it!Posted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 15 March 2019 - 08:40 AM.

#90 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 13 March 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

Now, about those 750 Kill Assists...that seems a little steep, not as much as the 100K damage, but still one HELL of a grind for even good players.

View Postkapusta11, on 13 March 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

750 kill assists is insane lol.

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 13 March 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Thats the one that caught my eye, I was like......yikes.

View PostThe Man with the Plan, on 14 March 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

I am also worried about the kill assists, as Vorpal Puppy mentioned. In the past it has been assists or kills(sometimes). I would love to see this one go to having assists or kills count.

View PostImperialKnight, on 14 March 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

Suicide farming might be a problem. People just laser sweeping the enemy team and suicide and going next round.

Solution is simple as some already stated, just make condition assists or kills

View PostPepito Sbazzeguti, on 14 March 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

I'm concerned about the 750 assist challenge, seem too much for me for a thing not depending entirely on you but also on your team.

View PostBuenaventura, on 15 March 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

View PostCurccu, on 15 March 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

I would love that additional condition, because I hate not taking the kill shot when able. It's like playing like a potato on purpose Posted Image.

Hello, everyone... I think the Kill Assists count will be fine for a 12-Day Time Period... Just let ME soak up ALL the Killing Blows, so you can have your needed plethora of Kill Assists. I've been itching to get that "Ace Of Spades" Title for some time, and it looks like "Phase 2" will give me the chance to finally get it! About danged time, too! :D

Oh, and to ImperialKnight --- It so happens that you can NOT just "laser sweep", and then Die & Eject Out to the Next Round. If you have additional Kill Assists to earn, but have Disconnected from the Match after you Die, those additional Kill Assists will NOT be credited to you. PGI does NOT have the function present in MWO (which happens to be in World Of Tanks, by the way) that takes care of accounting of Kill Assists after Death & Subsequent Disconnection from the Match. They left the system designed to penalize Suiciding in that manner, even though it also hurts people who got wrongfully wrecked too early and couldn't handle the frustration of sitting around and waiting for the Match to end. :(

~Mr. D. V. "I'm your solution regarding Kill Assists. Keep me alive on the battlefields in order to rack them up easily." Devnull

#91 JEFFERoW2

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

At least Snuggles Time can finally get his rainbow for his carebears

#92 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 March 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

Playing way above the average level of most Pilots, are you? Sounds like you'll be waiting for "Comp. Play Mode" to make a return with the May 2019 Monthly Update. Posted Image

Anywho, I'm barely half that far myself (Only ~10K Damage here!) after 2 Runs on the battlefields over the time since the Event started, but I'm only a Casual-Class 'Tier 1' Pilot myself. As it is, this 'Phase 1' is going to take me at least another 12 Days to finish, estimating for all the time I won't have on weekends. As things look, it's good that Matt Newman chopped the Total Required Damage and Per-Each-Bag Lines in half for getting all the Loot Bags, or this Event would be a non-starter for most players. Maybe we'll end up being on the same Team in a future Match? Posted Image

~D. V. "Compared to you, even I'm struggling to get through this Event!" Devnull

Nope :P just changing playstyle according the goals - now its just missile spam (ATMs, MRMs). For assist I will take urbie/raven + ERLL
Normally I prefer to pilot lights

#93 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:05 PM

View PostTeonas, on 13 March 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

Make it at least 50k damage or AMS missile destroyed - that would be more fun Posted Image

Or 50k damage AND 50k AMS missile destroyed.

Then everyone goes LRM+AMS combo and PGI gets plenty of LRM/AMS data for their patch :)

#94 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:11 AM

C'mon folks read between the lines this is PGI who are pretty much infamous for being clueless about their own game. They keep setting nigh on impossible challenges but this is the worst.

What they actually mean is by a mech pack to speed it up..... As if their constant cash grabs weren't bad enough for a dying game. Desperate much Russ, Paul, Chris?

Edited by mad kat, 16 March 2019 - 01:12 AM.

#95 Dresari Iain

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 31 posts
  • LocationStranded on the sands of Bone-Norman

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:42 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 March 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

ME RIGHT NOW
%20https://static.mwomercs.com/img/news/media/6ae14da9b7e4f53adeb404ddf3828123.jpg

Bringing it down to 50k was the right thing. Dee Eight simply forgot some of us work outside of MWO. Thanks for the change by the way. :)

#96 Dresari Iain

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:48 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 15 March 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Or 50k damage AND 50k AMS missile destroyed.

Then everyone goes LRM+AMS combo and PGI gets plenty of LRM/AMS data for their patch Posted Image

God no. 50000 missiles destroyed is gonna take a lifetime. But you can do this on your own if you enjoy it.

View PostApollo777, on 15 March 2019 - 07:00 AM, said:

What was wrong about 80-100 match score for a loot bag that we have to do this crazy amount of damage and kill assist now?
Not every body can play 4-5 hours or more every day!Posted Image

Lately some one asked for challenges with high amount of MS, Missile damage and AMS and there you go we have it!Posted Image

We do? :/ U got a link? How high is it? Pays well?

#97 Dresari Iain

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:56 AM

View PostAdarven, on 14 March 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

And how long were those sessions? It might be OK FOR YOU. I see you assume everyone has the same amout of time to spend on MWO. Which is a wrong assumption.

#98 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:20 AM

View PostDresari Iain, on 16 March 2019 - 01:56 AM, said:

And how long were those sessions? It might be OK FOR YOU. I see you assume everyone has the same amout of time to spend on MWO. Which is a wrong assumption.

Couple hours - average dmg over 500/match - so thats why I wrote 17 days should be OK (for everyone) - my thought wasn´t that everyone can do it in 4-5 days. For me it´s max 5 days ATM (I have some bussiness abroad so I will not be able to play for 5-7 days, so thats why I am grinding it now)

#99 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:26 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 March 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

Hello, everyone... I think the Kill Assists count will be fine for a 12-Day Time Period... Just let ME soak up ALL the Killing Blows, so you can have your needed plethora of Kill Assists. I've been itching to get that "Ace Of Spades" Title for some time, and it looks like "Phase 2" will give me the chance to finally get it! About danged time, too! Posted Image

Oh, and to ImperialKnight --- It so happens that you can NOT just "laser sweep", and then Die & Eject Out to the Next Round. If you have additional Kill Assists to earn, but have Disconnected from the Match after you Die, those additional Kill Assists will NOT be credited to you. PGI does NOT have the function present in MWO (which happens to be in World Of Tanks, by the way) that takes care of accounting of Kill Assists after Death & Subsequent Disconnection from the Match. They left the system designed to penalize Suiciding in that manner, even though it also hurts people who got wrongfully wrecked too early and couldn't handle the frustration of sitting around and waiting for the Match to end. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I'm your solution regarding Kill Assists. Keep me alive on the battlefields in order to rack them up easily." Devnull

that's good to know assists don't count after d/c.

let's just hope Phase 2 is as good as Phase 1. Haven't had so many aggressive games in a long time in MWO

#100 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:00 AM

View PostDresari Iain, on 16 March 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

God no. 50000 missiles destroyed is gonna take a lifetime. But you can do this on your own if you enjoy it.

We do? :/ U got a link? How high is it? Pays well?

I mean this event with 50k damage,! LoLPosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users