Lucky Charms 2019

240 replies to this topic

#121 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 06:36 PM

Assists is a headache not just because of the numbers, but it's also dependent on your team doing well. Even in a stomp, you could get 1000 dmg. But you can't get 12 assists in a stomp against you

#122 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

View PostImperialKnight, on 19 March 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

Assists is a headache not just because of the numbers, but it's also dependent on your team doing well. Even in a stomp, you could get 1000 dmg. But you can't get 12 assists in a stomp against you

It's also annoying that you get punished for quickly confirming a kill on a wounded target rather than letting a teammate finish it off for you. At bare minimum killing blows need to also count towards Phase 2.

#123 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 19 March 2019 - 07:54 PM

Tuesday the 19th of March 8:45 p.m. Pacific Standard Time servers are down can't play MechWarrior Online I hope piranha does the cool thing and adds another day to the Lucky Charms event

#124 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:46 PM

I think they already accounted for the patch day whe they set the event to run for 18 days.

#125 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:36 PM

Well, if anyone is going for the free mech and not too bothered about the pattern, phase 3 has another 25 bags to claim.

#126 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:22 AM

Every phase is a good phase! :)

#127 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:13 AM

Attention Mr. Matt Newman (and/or anyone in PGI's Events Team that is willing to give a care) ---

I'm sorry to report, but I have been blocked from enjoying your rather nice Event. The destruction of the Entire Missile Weapon Lineup has resulted in my personally finding the situation untenable. MWO in general has been ruined for anyone who is Medically Disabled, particularly as they would have required Indirect-Fired Lock-On Missile Weapons to continue playing. My own body is also suffering from physical problems that can not be cured, which will cause me to become part of the ranks of the Medically Disabled, and my ability to keep the aim of a Mech stable is degrading to the point that I will be forced to pasture. That will probably come by or before the end of the Lucky Charms 2019 Event having run its' course. Any which way, I have been forced to leave MWO due to the elements of the Community that are toxically anti-Missile to a rabid extent. :(

However, that said, I do wish you better results in your Future Event Launches. Good Luck out there on building what Events that may come. :)

~Mr. D. V. "This particular Event will be my last... I've been pushed into finally giving up." Devnull

#128 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:50 PM

Anyone else not getting any matches logged for phase 2...?

#129 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

View Postmad kat, on 20 March 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

Anyone else not getting any matches logged for phase 2...?

OK here. Started doing the Event after Phase 2 started, so right now phase 1 and 2 are clocking away. It's just that assists can be hard to get when you're getting stomped.

#130 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:13 PM

Phase 2 is working fine for me as well... still, I feel like I am plodding along for this event, but I am confident that I will make it. But, in the meantime, there are new (to me) maps, and new mechs, so more new challenges. Hard to complain!

#131 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:30 PM

Five games with my streak shadowcat tonight... 4 kills in 2 of them. 1205 dmg in one of them. Even managed to kill a quad AMS piranha. Just move closer to the target and the AMS has less time to engage your missiles. Simple.

#132 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:52 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 March 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

Just move closer to the target and the AMS has less time to engage your missiles. Simple.

SRMs in quick mover for close quarter still make sense, but anything else?

#133 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:01 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 20 March 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

SRMs in quick mover for close quarter still make sense, but anything else?

MRMs travel twice as fast as LRMs. ATMS travel faster than LRMs. Honestly if PGI hadn't imposed that dumb zero damage min range on inner sphere LRMs we'd never have had as great a problem with people hiding and firing LRMs indirectly as we did.

#134 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 21 March 2019 - 03:43 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 March 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

MRMs travel twice as fast as LRMs. ATMS travel faster than LRMs

Have you seen the math? 2 AMSs obliterate now a MRM40, ATM12, SSRM6 or SMR6 volley in 200m or more totally. Missiles are now close and personal if you want to get them past the AMS umbrella.This comes mainly due to the changed missile health.

#135 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:27 AM

How do you get assists with games like these? Am I supposed to play 400 games in 12 days?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by kapusta11, 21 March 2019 - 05:03 AM.

#136 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:33 AM

Cheer-up! I think you can average out 5 assist per game kapusta11. So only 150 games and than you will have also your 25x 100 Match Score included.

#137 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

PGI switch it to Assists OR kills ftw!

#138 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 21 March 2019 - 03:43 AM, said:

Have you seen the math? 2 AMSs obliterate now a MRM40, ATM12, SSRM6 or SMR6 volley in 200m or more totally. Missiles are now close and personal if you want to get them past the AMS umbrella.This comes mainly due to the changed missile health.

The math is flawed because my own results in game say something different.

#139 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:07 PM

I've been able to successfully complete every event since I've started playing, and I know that I can grind my way through 50k damage. I'm at 27k so far, and I work and have a family, so can't just be a total gaming hermit. But that '750 kill assists' gives me serious doubt about the math of actually completing it by the end of the month. I'd love to earn the free mech, but I really don't know if that's possible, lol. The pro players/streamers can do it, of course. But that number's kind of crazy...

#140 Wolfgang Grenzstein

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:34 PM

Pretty please for everything that is holy add the Triskelion Warhorn to the shop.

I am at over 100 loot bags and no warhorn, I missed it last year.

That is all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users