Constant "disconnected From Server" After New Patch.

Disconect disconnected connection

5 replies to this topic

#1 Hauptmann Reinhardt

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:13 AM

During matches, I can only stay in game for about 120 seconds before every mech stops moving. I can still hear people on mic, and I can still move and shoot my own mech, which indicates that the game is not frozen. But after another 10-20 seconds, the match quits, and I am brought back to the mechbay with a "disconnected from server" message. I can rejoin the current match, but rinse and repeat this cycle over and over. I can't stay connected to a match for more than 120 seconds at a time it seems.

I run the repair tool, have checked my firewall settings, have changed graphical settings, and have created a new local profile, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas that is causing this? I can find endless results on google about this issue, and they all just seem to claim that its on PGI's end.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:42 AM

never had anything like this. Do you use custom settings in the user.cfg?

#3 Hauptmann Reinhardt

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:33 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 14 March 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

never had anything like this. Do you use custom settings in the user.cfg?

No, I do not use any custom files, settings, or otherwise. No modding, etc.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:55 AM

okay, how about bolt-ons, i recently read about something like faulty shaders on some bolt-ons.

#5 Hauptmann Reinhardt

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:20 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 15 March 2019 - 02:55 AM, said:

okay, how about bolt-ons, i recently read about something like faulty shaders on some bolt-ons.

nope, zero. Totally vanilla installation.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:01 PM

Reboot router and modem.

As for firewall settings, it is likely the secondary software firewall, aka SPI (stateful packet inspection) or "Security" on the router thinking it is under attack and closing the port, ESPECIALLY since it is on a timed cycle. Issue being that the route /path of the connection from your computer/network, to your ISP to the net then finally to PGI systems there is a bad routing system. Packets are being held up and by the time it hits your system the number of packets leads it to think it is under attack and temp closes that port. OR there is a bad router that is cycling off/on at a predictable rate.

Most people do not want to nor know how to change the router settings. Turn off the "security" of the router does not disable the actual hardware NAT. That is one way to test it to see if it is at fault after rebooting and/or redoing its settings.

Other option in troubleshooting is to use a VPN. Using a VPN can help reroute the path the game takes, possibly skipping the troublesome router systems, if that is the issue. I am aware of a few users who have to use a VPN to get and keep a stable connection to the game. If they go without using a VPN they either have issues connecting or staying connected. either to the authorization servers (mecklab/patcher/etc) or to the game servers themselves (combat drops).

PS if the issue was with the MWO servers themselves, there would be a ton of threads and tweets from Russ, etc on them looking into it.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 March 2019 - 09:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users