Mwo Autism Awareness Event!

94 replies to this topic

#81 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

I just realized that I missed the stream as I'm not available to play weekdays until almost 9 PM. I hope everyone had a great time!

#82 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:37 PM

LOVE IT!

Posted Image

only compalint is I only have 3!

#83 Lith Dael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:16 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 02 April 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

I just realized that I missed the stream as I'm not available to play weekdays until almost 9 PM. I hope everyone had a great time!

Yeah, it was cool. Half the time I was there Bombadil teased Sean Lang to cosplay Natasha Kerensky if they reach 3k $ Posted Image

EDIT: ...and later switched to Clovis Holstein (had to research him, seems not many people in Poland read Battletech novels)

Edited by Lith Dael, 02 April 2019 - 11:20 PM.

#84 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:57 AM

View PostRed Sea, on 02 April 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

Awesome event,

My son is high spectrum autistic, its been an interesting ride with him, highly intelligent, although social skills as with most autistic people do not apply, brutally honest and any comment can come out of his mouth. I never taught him that he could not do this or that because he had autism, so he is an avid gamer, has a full time job, drives, and an associates degree in general education. At 26 he is doing well. He will probably never leave home just because he feels this is his place to be.

Glad he made it. I unfortuntately can be only envy of such achievement to get a full time job. To be honest, I wanted to get a job in few places, but after sending my applications, most of employers never gave back the reply, the rest invited me to interviews that is, but only a literal few gave me the straight and honest answer. That they hired someone else. Posted Image

View PostBishop Steiner, on 02 April 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

LOVE IT!

(...)

only compalint is I only have 3!

I would say too as well... Posted Image

Posted Image

PS: Your SS link is broken Posted Image

View PostLith Dael, on 02 April 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

Yeah, it was cool. Half the time I was there Bombadil teased Sean Lang to cosplay Natasha Kerensky if they reach 3k $ Posted Image

EDIT: ...and later switched to Clovis Holstein (had to research him, seems not many people in Poland read Battletech novels)

What stream? Never saw any info about the stream. Posted Image

And hey, I'm Polish and I'm currently reading the last novel from M. Stackpole for BT backers (Unlimited Honor), and Clovis was referred in his Warrior Trilogy Posted Image

Edited by Ch_R0me, 02 May 2019 - 01:25 AM.

#85 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:22 AM

Very cool event, good job folks, my 32 year old son who has high order autism gave Dad Bot a big thumbs up!

#86 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:42 AM

View PostManganMan, on 03 April 2019 - 12:57 AM, said:

Glad he made it. I unfortuntately can be only envy of such achievement to get a full time job. To be honest, I wanted to get a job in few places, but after sending my applications, most of employers never gave back the reply, the rest invited me to interviews that is, but only a literal few gave me the straight and honest answer. That they hired someone else. Posted Image

I would say too as well... Posted Image

Posted Image

PS: Your SS link is broken Posted Image

And hey, I'm Polish and I'm currently reading the last novel from M. Stackpole for BT backers (Unlimited Honor), and Clovis was referred in his Warrior Trilogy Posted Image

SS link?

#87 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:40 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 03 April 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

SS link?

ScreenShot link. It appeared to be broken when I've written the post.

But yeah, the "SS" also have a (very) negative meaning, but I didn't invented the one used as a Screenshot shortcut.

Edited by ManganMan, 03 April 2019 - 08:42 AM.

#88 -LOVEKAISER

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:16 AM

thank you for the link to the donation page, everybody needs to donate. I was wondering if you could do something were we donate are yellow in game mc back to pgi and they convert it to a donation to Mr. Forst's daughter, I think everyone would give it all back for a good cause, and not have to have a credit card ( young people don't have cards or real $) ? would be a good team/community way to show support?

#89 Lith Dael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:15 AM

View PostManganMan, on 03 April 2019 - 12:57 AM, said:

They mentioned a charity stream on Twitch on the main event page. So glad they are doing charity again!

#90 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:58 AM

View PostManganMan, on 03 April 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

ScreenShot link. It appeared to be broken when I've written the post.

But yeah, the "SS" also have a (very) negative meaning, but I didn't invented the one used as a Screenshot shortcut.

Ah. Was just unfamiliar with the abbreviation. I thought you meant the image, but when I checked it in several browsers it was fine. Being your post was a "compound" post wasn't 100% sure if it was actually directed at me, or the why, hence my confusion.

Cheers!

#91 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 April 2019 - 09:37 AM

View PostKhanBhacKeD, on 31 March 2019 - 01:22 AM, said:

@Pgi I think you have an error on website event, having 2 time "mech dad unit level 2" for 500 and 1000 match score.
I think 1k one should have been "level 3".

That does look a tad weird, doesn't it, KhanBhacKeD? Looks like both PGI and myself need to pay better attention to the 'ECH' (Event Challenge Headers) that are posted. Geez... I must be getting pretty worn out to finish an Event, but miss something like that until afterward. I had to backtrack this thread just to come to the realization that I had missed the duplicate titles. :(

Heck, the only way that duplicate 'ECH' could be intentional is if it has something to do with the Theme of this Event, in which case the oddity in the display could be explained. But like you, I think that there was no such thing going on, and that an accidental mistake had been made here. We're all human though, including PGI's Staff, so it's just a matter of a quick fix for a typo, right? :unsure:

~D. V. "Sure, it might be a foul... Maybe there was an accident... Maybe we get a fix... At least no harm happened..." Devnull

#92 Lith Dael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 04 April 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

That does look a tad weird, doesn't it, KhanBhacKeD? Looks like both PGI and myself need to pay better attention to the 'ECH' (Event Challenge Headers) that are posted. Geez... I must be getting pretty worn out to finish an Event, but miss something like that until afterward. I had to backtrack this thread just to come to the realization that I had missed the duplicate titles. Posted Image

Heck, the only way that duplicate 'ECH' could be intentional is if it has something to do with the Theme of this Event, in which case the oddity in the display could be explained. But like you, I think that there was no such thing going on, and that an accidental mistake had been made here. We're all human though, including PGI's Staff, so it's just a matter of a quick fix for a typo, right? Posted Image

~D. V. "Sure, it might be a foul... Maybe there was an accident... Maybe we get a fix... At least no harm happened..." Devnull

MWO Dictionary

- devnull: verb, "write prolifically about any matter at all, including 2 paragraphs on a single typo" Posted Image

#93 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:22 PM

View PostLith Dael, on 04 April 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

MWO Dictionary

- devnull: verb, "write prolifically about any matter at all, including 2 paragraphs on a single typo" Posted Image

You forgot to add "usually with a point that everyone else is needlessly-but-actively ignoring" to that. Your definition should look more like...

View PostLith Dael, on 04 April 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

MWO Dictionary

- devnull: verb, "write prolifically about any matter at all, including 2 paragraphs on a single typo, usually with a point that everyone else is needlessly-but-actively ignoring" Posted Image

...as that tends to end up being my general M.O. here on the MWO Forums. Anywho, giving it a '+Like' for the funny value. :P

~Mr. D. V. "Hey, that didn't even take me two paragraphs! LOL!!!" Devnull

[Quick Edit by Post Author for a Missed Thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 04 April 2019 - 04:24 PM.

#94 ThrottleFox

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

I've got Asperger's syndrome, now called something else in the autism spectrum, I thought this event was really cool, so did another friend with asperger's who doesn't play.

I'm happy to throw some money into this cause

#95 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:44 PM

View PostThrottleFox, on 04 April 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

I've got Asperger's syndrome, now called something else in the autism spectrum, I thought this event was really cool, so did another friend with asperger's who doesn't play.

I'm happy to throw some money into this cause

Same. I am glad that PGI made an event that I can relate to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users