55 replies to this topic

#41 KageBloodspirit

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 12:35 PM

hi

we are more time on PTS (Faction Play Public Test)

Kind regards

#42 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:01 PM

For my first drop waited 5-7 min. but for the next 3 drops didn't wait at all, played as a mercenary for for Marik and enjoyed itPosted Image

Edited by Apollo777, 10 April 2019 - 01:02 PM.

#43 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:02 PM

I see why they're offering rewards this time... they get to see how badly the matchmaker can stuff all the terrible players who never play faction outside of events... to one team.

Oh this is amusing...it just launched a "skirmish" match with only four people on each team.

Edited by Dee Eight, 10 April 2019 - 01:04 PM.

#44 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 10 April 2019 - 01:20 PM

My first match (48v48 Skirmish on Rubellite) was perfectly normal. Took a while to build up 12 players on both sides. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but I've only toyed with FW a few times in the past. I mostly play PUG's.

I didn't notice anything different. Maybe the difference was the story-setup describing the skirmish while waiting for the matchmaker to pull me in?

Second and third games went without a hitch, each taking a much shorter time to get matched.

At the end of my third game, I experienced a Code 63 error on the way back to the lobby, and couldn't get back into a FW again. Couldn't connect. Match not found etc. Logged off and had some C63 trouble logging in again. Eventually made it back to FW and it seemed to have forgotten what side I was on. I selected Steiner again, and had another Code 63 and glitches while trying to connect. Then, I was dropped back to log-in with the Connection to Server Lost. Haven't been able to log in again since.

Okay, as of this last edit, I'm back in. I kept trying to log back in against the Code 63's, and eventually the game told me that I needed to patch. After that, I got in okay. I did have to choose my loyalty again, but maybe it's because the whole thing's starting over. Starting with a scout mission looks like.

My fourth match was a scout mission. Everything was normal.

I did a fifth (another scout mission) just for good measure in case something went wrong about my third match where the server crashed, but that one only ended up being a match score of 27, so I did a sixth; another scouting mission after that.

**Feedback: I'm not too familiar with scouting, but in that fifth mission of mine, I focused on getting the intel points (was supposed to collect intel) while the others mostly fought the other scouts. I got like 8 or 9 before the dropship was called, then I hustled to catch up to the others. We won, and I never saw combat, but (despite the intel gathering) I only had a match score of 27! Seems like the intel points should come with much higher match score if you don't want it to be just a game of scout skirmish.

I should have 5 games with sufficient match score, but there was that server crash. It'd sure be swell if someone at PGI could confirm when we have our 4. I wouldn't want to wait until the end to get the goodies, then see that something went wrong.

FW is fun. Especially invasion. I'll have to play it more in the real game.

Edited by renzor51, 10 April 2019 - 03:40 PM.

#45 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:50 PM

maybe if you fix all the errors, so we can actually finish matches. twice I've been in a match, which booted me once to desktop and then another to the lobby neither time was i able to rejoin. Matches are so hard to come by as is, you guys can't be getting worthwhile data from this.

#46 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:52 PM

Dafuq's wrong with the server? My Gray Death was just deleted and replaced with "False".

#47 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:38 PM

Okay what is the point of running a BUGGY pts to test whether players are being matched properly if the matching is based on the ridiculous formula of the existing PSR ?! If forty players happen to consist of 8 good ones and 32 terribads... and six of the good go steiner as a six person group, and six of the bad happen to be together on marik... and everyone else is solo... we still end up with the same ridiculous sorting as on the live server... of six good players on one team being being with six bad ones, facing anywhere from 10 to 12 bad ones on the other side. Tier 1 is FULL of terrible players.. fix the elo system for faction warfare FIRST and test that... then test a matchmaker to sort them apart. otherwise all you're doing is putting the cart ahead of the horse and wasting our collective time.

#48 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 08 April 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

4: WAIT TILL THE END OF THE EVENT!!!!!!!!

5: Return to https://mwomercs.com/profile/content

6: Select the Faction Reward pack to determine the Warhorn and Claim your Prize

7: Enjoy your Rewards on the Live Production Servers

Content not posting.

Is it the Hot Drop event or the PTS we are waiting to end?

Edit had to wait to 9PM EST. THANKS.

Edited by HammerMaster, 10 April 2019 - 05:12 PM.

#49 Iron Boucanier

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWarrensburg, Missouri USA

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:33 PM

Played one scouting match yesterday then error 63ed to death. Played one scouting match today then error 63ed to death. Not sure how I am suppose to be testing.

#50 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:36 PM

So i just had 1 Scouting match, then boom error 63. Can't play again.

Is it going to reset repeatedly every time we get a match? Because this PTS is annoying as ******* hell.

#51 Father Bill

• PipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWherever the Fox needs me

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:51 PM

I only found out about this tonight and would really like to get into it but I get error 63, and server under maintenance. I really hope to get a couple of drops in.

#52 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:07 PM

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6247845

#53 -Visix

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

I would greatly appreciate if the MWO tray icon would ONLY flash when a lobby is formed, and NOT every 5 seconds.

Edited by -Visix, 10 April 2019 - 07:20 PM.

#54 Perthro123

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 02:19 PM

Public Test Faction Play Update - Round 2 - April 23rd

NO ONE IS PLAYING/TESTING...

Attempted to play test on two separate days over 30 minutes waiting...only one other person showed up. How can we play test if no one shows up????

Please promote the play test. Do something to let everyone know you need help!

#55 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, I also haven't seen enough people to play with during the times I've tried to help test.

#56 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:06 AM

while in Scouting mode, the match maker wasn't launching, even though there were plenty, even a moment there was enough to run 3 matches at the same time
if they fixed that, it happen in the past 2 nights, cuz I didn't log in PTS the past 2 nights.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users