Ugh, they set different values and made them a secret? Posted Image

Go figure.

#82 Hapstar

Rookie

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:35 PM

so glad i got my hellfire void last sale, with -20% chance of UAC jam does this mean i have to rock duel UAC 5s? or would a single UAC 10 er 20 make more sense?

#83 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:09 PM

Riiiighht.

While I like what has been done with lurms in terms of line of sight rule and lock on method finally giving them a medium range brawl possibility.

It has also resulted in lurmageddon again. Weirdly when playing in higher tiers. My T4 alt account doesn't have 'incoming missile' anywhere near as much as my T1 primary.

And now you want to make lrms tougher? Albiet a tiny change but the effort should be redirected into the maximum number of missiles a team can deploy. And yes I've had those matches where six of the enemy team are boating missiles on polar Highlands.

Edited by mad kat, 15 April 2019 - 02:32 AM.

#84 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 April 2019 - 02:14 PM

View PostHapstar, on 14 April 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

so glad i got my hellfire void last sale, with -20% chance of UAC jam does this mean i have to rock duel UAC 5s? or would a single UAC 10 er 20 make more sense?

With maxed jam duration and cooldown in your skill tree:
Name		           Avg DPS	  DPS/T
ClanUltraAutoCannon2	   3.429856621	  0.6859713241
ClanUltraAutoCannon5	   3.940229093	  0.5628898704
ClanUltraAutoCannon10	   5.471124432	  0.5471124432
ClanUltraAutoCannon20	   7.795949496	  0.649662458

Edited by Horseman, 14 April 2019 - 02:18 PM.

#85 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:48 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 April 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

Additional fixes and improvements:
  • Fixed a bug where the Night Gyr C-AC/10 and C-LB10-X AC weapons appeared to be floating when equipped.
This fix isn't just specific to the Night Gyr C, is it? I get the same glitch on both arms of my Night Gyr A, which is using the LA pod from the NTG-B and RA pod from NTG-A.

#86 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 03:58 PM

View Postblackcatf, on 14 April 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

This fix isn't just specific to the Night Gyr C, is it? I get the same glitch on both arms of my Night Gyr A, which is using the LA pod from the NTG-B and RA pod from NTG-A.

Read it again.

Night Gyr (STOP) C-AC/10 and C-LB10-X AC
Better?

#87 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:06 PM

View PostKoniving, on 14 April 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

Read it again.

Night Gyr (STOP) C-AC/10 and C-LB10-X AC
Better?

Yup. I think I read it that way the first time I looked at the patch notes and misread it when I reread it today. Thanks.

#88 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:45 AM

View PostHapstar, on 14 April 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Dual UAC10 + 5ERML. Personally, I run my VOID as 2xGauss + 5ERML, it's basically a mini Deathstrike (with way worse hitboxes)

Edited by Vxheous, 15 April 2019 - 12:47 AM.

#89 Battlesblood

• Pip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSpanaway, WA.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:45 AM

View Postmad kat, on 14 April 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Riiiighht.

While I like what has been done with lurms in terms of line of sight rule and lock on method finally giving them a medium range brawl possibility.

It has also resulted in lurmageddon again. Weirdly when playing in higher tiers. My T4 alt account doesn't have 'incoming missile' anywhere near as much as my T1 primary.

And now you want to make lrms tougher? Albiet a tiny change but the effort should be redirected into the maximum number of missiles a team can deploy. And yes I've had those matches where six of the event team are boating missiles on polar Highlands. That is rage quitting, levels of stupid from the developers.

All I am asking is for equality/consistency of manufacture... Do you not understand supply-chain logistics?

#90 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 02:27 AM

View PostBattlesblood, on 15 April 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

All I am asking is for equality/consistency of manufacture... Do you not understand supply-chain logistics?

Ah oops I hadn't actually realised they'd buggered with volley health in the last patch.

In which case your post about consistency makes total sense. That I agree with. Although it isn't the first time a cap on total missiles a team can field has been mooted. As for supply chain I'm not sure what you mean by that on a centrally stored digital content game? Make lurms easier to use then don't be surprised if they get used more kinda thing?

Edited by mad kat, 15 April 2019 - 02:31 AM.

#91 Whizbang AGNC

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:38 PM

View PostSoulRcannon, on 12 April 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

Yep Posted Image I just wanted to say something to encourage them to admit to us directly instead of hiding it in a patch.

SRMs are having hit-reg issues as they are, even without AMS significant chunks of SRM volleys aren't connecting when they hit, they didn't need this change as well at all. And MRMs weren't taken seriously by comp players even before this, and now 3+ AMS are shredding MRM40's before impact (assuming 3tons ammo for MRM40 and 1ton per AMS, that's 4.5tons shutting down 15 tons of investment in a mech).

Direct fire missiles (and SSRMS) carry all the risk of exposure in use, PGI needs to pull back on the nerfs in March more than they have without talking down to us in an April Patch Note follow up. But it's a step in the right direction, at least.

(Which is more than can be said for the MW5 mechlab, the last AMA announcing that you can't even change weapon systems if you free up tonnage and a hardpoint... How do they expect to revitalise a franchise by only appealing to fans of stock mechs and a nearly 40 year old tabletop game, regressing and taking away such a key point of customisation in mechwarrior? What are they even thinking?)

Frankly March made missiles useless. And the HP is just the tip of it. They have the range on AMSso far extended out that they are shooting down all of my missiles right in front of my face. And the idea that AMS should be more powerful against the larger launchers is just plain unrealistic. If you are going to set AMS effectivity at X% then it should be X% across the board. And the fact that they have made missiles useless is kinda hard on a mech that has 4 fixed missile slots. If they thought they needed to make AMS a little more effective fine. But they made it invincible. And if it's that damn good it better start shooting down at least half of the ballistic rounds as well

The problem is they have nerfed stuff so long they have ignored any realism of what those weapons should be. Take PPC's for example. True it does fire and resemble a ballistic weapon, but it isn't. It is an energy weapon and energy weapons by the laws of physics cannot be weaker near the source, so there should be no minimum realistically on any PPC unless of course it has a 90m barrel on it. But I digress. I will still be on a wait and see on this patch. But I can say that if they are going to be continually nerfing stuff to cater to the loudest flavor of the day in MW5 I am gonna get more than pissed. As soon as I have real money invested you had better not be reducing my investment into garbage.

#92 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

View PostVxheous, on 15 April 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

Dual UAC10 + 5ERML. Personally, I run my VOID as 2xGauss + 5ERML, it's basically a mini Deathstrike (with way worse hitboxes)

Hit boxes are poor but 2 Gauss 5 ERML feels like a pretty strong loadout for a 60 tonner.

#93 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:11 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 12 April 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

I get the sentiment, but lets think it through. Any advice you get from an old pro in Tier 5 games .... probably isnt advice you want as a new player lol.

funny you say that, given the biggest ******** in the game tend to be tier 1s. lot of tier 5ers are just casual players who drop with pugs. a Tier 1 NEVER drops alone, and pretty much gets carried to there. the best advice is probably gonna be from a tier 2, as that's the best you're likely gonna manage to be if you drop with pugs a lot. only so much you can do to carry a team alone, after all.

mean, i've played since Closed Beta, i'm high end of tier 5, and I know a lot about the game rookies would need to know. don't write people entirely off because of their tier. all that represents is ( a ) how much time they play the game (lots of people play games OTHER than MWO as well), and ( B ) how often they drop solo or with their friends/unit.

should be noted, most of the guys on the WC teams drop with their unit most of the time, and if you manage to catch them NOT doing so, they're pretty much as fragile as any other player. it really depends on team coordination, not player tier. why i always go out of my way to try and coordinate matches when i play. "Step up, or shut up."

View PostVxheous, on 15 April 2019 - 12:45 AM, said:

*salutes*

yep, hitboxes suck, but if it's a mech you get used to, you can always work wonders with it.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 15 April 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

Hit boxes are poor but 2 Gauss 5 ERML feels like a pretty strong loadout for a 60 tonner.

Yeah, that's, what, about a 64-70 damage alpha, roughly, if my math is correct?

#94 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:19 PM

Alpha is 62.5

#95 MiZia

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:19 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 15 April 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

funny you say that, given the biggest ******** in the game tend to be tier 1s. lot of tier 5ers are just casual players who drop with pugs. a Tier 1 NEVER drops alone, and pretty much gets carried to there. the best advice is probably gonna be from a tier 2, as that's the best you're likely gonna manage to be if you drop with pugs a lot. only so much you can do to carry a team alone, after all.

I wonder how u can make this sentence....and no i dont agree. Tiers is just a experience bar. Even bad player eventually get to t1.
If not, u either play not enough or u just are plain Shiet.

Edited by MiZia, 15 April 2019 - 10:20 PM.

#96 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:59 PM

View PostMiZia, on 15 April 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

I wonder how u can make this sentence....and no i dont agree. Tiers is just a experience bar. Even bad player eventually get to t1.
If not, u either play not enough or u just are plain Shiet.

Yeah to stay in 5 for more than a handful of matches the player is either carrying a legitimate disability, or they belong in 5. If they've been there long enough to be "experienced", they are not dispensing nuggets of wisdom.

I am absolutely terrible and am 90%of the way to 1. Next event that requires me to run meta mechs and play well I will tick over for sure. Even if you are dreadful at winning, if you turn up and do a few hundred damage, it's really hard to go backwards or not break even on tier points. Thats at 2. At 5, you can get out of there with just a handful of great games.

#97 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

View PostPunkarelli, on 12 April 2019 - 04:32 AM, said:

Gag players and put a giant 'SHOOT THE NOOB' sign over their heads = Cadet experience improvement!

Since VioP is the only form of communication I have enabled in MWO with all text based chat (besides chat wheel spam) being disabled I hope MM doesn't screw up and place any in my games.

#98 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:55 AM

I just noticed that you only gave a health buff to ATM 3s and 6s?

ATMs, even if you're launching 30+ of them at once, are hard countered by AMS. If the enemy team has even 5-6 AMS modules among their mechs, forget it your mech might as well be afk until at least half of the AMS is dead.

Run any of the assaults that can run dual 12s and dual 9s against a team with some ams and watch how you can't do much until they're down, or you luck into some enemies who separate themselves from the AMS shield.

#99 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

Canyon Raceway in blindingly bright. Is another heatvision-only map really a great idea?

#100 DaHuntress

Rookie

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

View PostOldbob10025, on 11 April 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

My guess is the restrict Tier Down and his Losers from speaking racist hate over coms when they jump into a match is why the coms. I do agree its hard for new players to ask questions and this might not be the best thing as new players ask questions at T5 trying to learn the game. A better approach would be no Team damage for 25 games would be better or even 20 games then after the 20th game to 25th game the team damage would be only 50% or so but coms, like I said, is to stop tier down and his group from getting on coms.

even better would be to turn off friendly fire altogether, that way they would either start playing reasonably, or walk away...

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users